Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Debt Collections

Options
  • 29-04-2013 9:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭

I owe management company few grand (less than €3,000) anyway I've agreedwith a Debt Collections agent to pay €100 everymonth, this was nearly a year ago, I got a call from them last month askingwould I be able to pay more? I said I may or may not depending what thesituation is maybe I could add extra €20, I got a call this morning askingwould I be paying the extra €20 I said I couldn't due to other things.

My problem is should they even be ringing me at all to ask if I wouldincrease my payment? I'm paying enough as it is and they can't take me to courtas a judge would throw them out as there is evidence that I'm contributing tothe fees

What do you think I should do? should I make a complaint in saying I don'tlike being bothered as I'm paying enough? Only way they should contact me is if I missed a payment

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Do you have a contract with the Debt Collector stating that you will only pay €100 a month?

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭mtjm

yep I did offer €100 and they had said the managment company are happy with that so it was agreed by all parties to that amount

• Registered Users Posts: 7,690 ✭✭✭whippet

you have acknowledged that you owe the money and have agreed a monthly payment ... all the company are doing is trying to get you to pay your debt quicker. They are perfectly entitled to ask, you can respond as you like.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭maglite

I think it's fair to ring up a year later and have a quick ask if things have improved enough to see if you can afford an extra €20.

You owe someone a couple grand, a annual call to check in isn't exactly overly onerous or othersome.

Advertisement