Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Main site PM popup still shows after reading it on Touch

Options
  • 29-04-2013 10:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭

If a PM is read on the touch site (from mobile) the next time logging into the main site the pop up for new message from xxx is still displayed. The message is marked as read in the notifications area but it seems that the pop up is not cancelled if the PM is read on the touch site.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

If a PM is read on the touch site (from mobile) the next time logging into the main site the pop up for new message from xxx is still displayed. The message is marked as read in the notifications area but it seems that the pop up is not cancelled if the PM is read on the touch site.

A nice find - thanks for reporting. We'll get to the fix as soon as we can.

Danny

Does this problem still occur? I cannot reproduce it and no changes have been made to the code since the bug report. When a PM is viewed on touch the count of unread PMs is decreased by 1. When it is 0 there should be no popup.

Danny

• Registered Users Posts: 10,343 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

It happened to me as recently as yesterday anyways.
    I don't use a computer but it has always happened when I click on the main site link at the bottom of a page on Touch.

And you click on the full site link after actually viewing the PM?

I've reproduced the issue and will commit a fix for it early tomorrow morning.

Thanks

Danny

Morning folks,

Thank for the bug report, this issue has now been resolved.

Danny

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement