Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

EA Sports UFC - Game

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭tomhalloween

Me too. Very frustrating.

Has anyone got it working on here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,910 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I got it working alright but my tv screen nearly cracked it looked so bad. Ton of complaints on official forums about it either not working or just looking crap. No surprise then that there were no vids showing it off by the devs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

I got it working but it doesn't really look like me. The mockup they give you in the gameface creator on the EA site looks really like me, but it doesn't translate to the game.

They made my light brown hair look ginger as well :mad:

Anyone else not get the bruce lee code? XV said nothing they can do and its up to EA. Who would I contact in EA. Balls anyway il have career cleared before I get the stupid code!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Carroller

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Anyone else not get the bruce lee code? XV said nothing they can do and its up to EA. Who would I contact in EA. Balls anyway il have career cleared before I get the stupid code!

I never got a code from xv either. Didn't preorder though?

Carroller wrote: »
    I never got a code from xv either. Didn't preorder though?

I preordered alright and they said Friday I would get an email with the code. They verified my email address but still no sign.

XV say codes will be emailed out tomorrow.

Axwell wrote: »
    That fight was the real war, best fight ive had in any UFC game against another person (non AI) id say. Great craic altogether.

Here Weeeee Gooooooo!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

I really wanna buy a ps4 just for this game.

• Advertisement

2 more good fights between me and Axwell.

This was one of my favourite fights as it looked like an actual Mir fight (when he wins). Gets clinched to death against the cage and then pulls off a slick sub.

EDIT: Also, EA UFC just knocked Watchdogs off the top of the UK games chart.

And then we had Hendo vs Vitor. Check out dat Super TRT KO!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

I've now started using my career fighter for online fights (basically made a custom fighter and capped him at 90* so not to be overpowered)

Its a lot more fun tapping out people with my own fighter :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,942 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Having a big problem with doing transitions, half the time they don't work and my fighter is just stuck in the animation trying to do them. Same with defending transitions on the ground, I hold r2 and left or right on the stick and they transition anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,257 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Finally managed to have a go at this last night. Went through all the training challenges first and completed them. Then started a career.

I seem to have gotten the hang of the ground game and submitted all of my opponents to win TUF. Impressed by this game so far!

ShaneU wrote: »
    Having a big problem with doing transitions, half the time they don't work and my fighter is just stuck in the animation trying to do them. Same with defending transitions on the ground, I hold r2 and left or right on the stick and they transition anyway

Yeah getting stuck in animation happens me too. Not sure if it's because of low stamina, stats or my opponent just blocking it. I need to work on my ground transitioning big time, must do the challenges. When you hold R2 to block a transition, you have to hold the stick in the same direction they are going, left or right, and can be hard to tell. Sometimes, you pick the right way and they just have better stats and/or stamina.

Had great fights with Axwell and Blobby last night. Blobby, that 5 round split decision fight was just crazy!

MrStuffins wrote: »
    I seem to have gotten the hang of the ground game and submitted all of my opponents to win TUF. Impressed by this game so far!

What difficulty you playing on? I'm on my 5th UFC career fight on Hard mode with a Kickboxer. Lost my 2nd fight due to flash KO, I've been keeping my hands up since then. Spending all my points so far on Submission defense and the fights I've won have been by Headkick KO.

My favourite move so far is when I get knocked to the ground, I sweep the legs of the other guy, put him on his back while I'm standing over him and sink in a kneebar. Haven't been able to finish one yet but I'm determined to get it.

The whole Conor McGregor UFC Debut video was class as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,942 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

14306672148_8df0648625_o.gif

HAHAHA Brilliant! Some amount of glitches in this game. Last night Axwell was lying on the ground while I repeatedly axe kicked him into the balls as he couldn't get up. Raging my PS4 video share wasn't recording!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

It's very rock-em sock-em robots

dulux99 wrote: »

Play on Hard difficulty or against someone decent online. Like that IGN guy who played on beginner and then complained it was too easy to rock-em sock-em.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭EvanCornwallis

Yeah,it can be. I'm disappointed that it was button striking. Not what you would expect from next gen. Game is far from great and has a lot of flaws. It's a bit of laugh online though. General consensus on SD was pretty negative, I still bought it since I had it pre ordered. Would expect a huge improvement next time round.

• Advertisement

It depends on who you're fighting against.
    You'll get plenty of people just swinging haymakers but they're easy to KO once you time your counter.

But you can have really technical fights. I know Sheehy and Me had a 5 round war that felt more like a chess match with some haymakers thrown in :D

Mr Blobby wrote: »

But you can have really technical fights. I know Sheehy and Me had a 5 round war that felt more like a chess match with some haymakers thrown in :D

When it got to round 5 I honestly couldn't tell who was winning (an neither did the judges by the result) so I was throwing Chuck's Overhand Right like a mad man :D. Glad it went to the decision though. I must check to see if my PS4 recorded it, wouldn't mind watching it back.

Any one else finding that decisions tend to go the way of most takedowns ?

Any one else finding that decisions tend to go the way of most takedowns ?

Yupp, takedowns score way too heavily.

What difficulty you playing on? I'm on my 5th UFC career fight on Hard mode with a Kickboxer. Lost my 2nd fight due to flash KO, I've been keeping my hands up since then. Spending all my points so far on Submission defense and the fights I've won have been by Headkick KO.

My favourite move so far is when I get knocked to the ground, I sweep the legs of the other guy, put him on his back while I'm standing over him and sink in a kneebar. Haven't been able to finish one yet but I'm determined to get it.

The whole Conor McGregor UFC Debut video was class as well.

Ah, I'm only playing on Easy until i get the hang of it.

Would ye be on for a mini ps4 tournament tomorrow evening? I think we have 5 people here playing on PS4. Anyone else want to add their username?

Could have the best of 3 fights, possibly 3 different weights for variety, winner moves onto the next stage. Overall winner gets the Boards Ultimate Fighting Championship (BUFC) belt :cool:

Boards - PSN

sheehy83 - sheehy83
    Mr Blobby - Mr_Blobby999
    Axwell - IrishWolverine
    MrStuffins - MrStuffins84
    MarkJD - Insaniac02

Would ye be on for a mini ps4 tournament tomorrow evening? I think we have 5 people here playing on PS4. Anyone else want to add their username?

Could have the best of 3 fights, possibly 3 different weights for variety, winner moves onto the next stage. Overall winner gets the Boards Ultimate Fighting Championship (BUFC) belt :cool:

Boards - PSN

sheehy83 - sheehy83
    Mr Blobby - Mr_Blobby999
    Axwell - IrishWolverine
    MrStuffins - MrStuffins84
    MarkJD - Insaniac02

Yeah i'd be up for that.

Just a thought...
    Should we create our own fighters and max there overall rating at 90*?
    That way every fight will be even.

Oh yeah, I forgot, I was gonna say you can only pick fighters rated 90 or below so there's no Jones spamming spin kicks. CAF's limited to 90 like your one last night would be fine, might make one myself just to have moves I like using. I hate that axe kick from pressing forward and circle.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭MarkJD

Would have loved to get involved lads but getting married on Thursday so given the game / PS4 alone to some family memebrs as iv enough to be doing without the distraction of finishing off my career :) Will look forward to getting on for some games in the coming weeks tho!

Wedding Shmedding, we all know you're just ducking us bro :) Best of luck with it man!

In other news, I'm famous :pac: Tommy Toe Hold used my glitch video in his lates video of collection of glitches while he commentates as Rogan and Goldie, Some brilliant stuff in there!

• Advertisement

How you guys finding the submission system ? I think it's one of the positives. I was so close to pulling off a kneebar online last night. I just needed 5/6 more seconds, but time ran out. I have one win Via Kimura, but, as a Shamrock fan I'd of loved to pull off the kneebar.

I'm loving the submission system. About 15 fights in career and got my Joint Sub skills up to 80, subbed my last 4 oponents getting Sub of the night for each one and all within 2 minutes of the first round.

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Muirshin Durkin

Dont suppose anyone has a spare bruce lee code knocking about? I'm on PS4. Ive never played a UFC game before, dying to get stuck in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

Howya lads, just back from holidays there and ready to get stuck in.

Whats the story with a bruce lee code if i pre ordered by amazon? Never got one with the box or anything. Anyone else the same?

Apparently you have to open a ticket with EA support here. I'd say email amazon as well in case they missed something. I never got a code from xtravision and I facebooked and twittered them to find out there was a delay sending out the codes.

https://help.ea.com/article/welcome-to-the-new-and-improved-ea-help-center#contact

from the site here

http://answers.ea.com/t5/EA-Sports-UFC/No-DLC-code-for-Bruce-Lee-from-amazon-ca/td-p/3006760

You on PS4 or xbox?

Apparently you have to open a ticket with EA support here. I'd say email amazon as well in case they missed something. I never got a code from xtravision and I facebooked and twittered them to find out there was a delay sending out the codes.

https://help.ea.com/article/welcome-to-the-new-and-improved-ea-help-center#contact

from the site here

http://answers.ea.com/t5/EA-Sports-UFC/No-DLC-code-for-Bruce-Lee-from-amazon-ca/td-p/3006760

You on PS4 or xbox?

Cheers man appreciate it!!

PS4, my usernames yLwoT .... Im game for a tournament as soon as i get a few games in to get used to it!!

ASOT wrote: »
    Cheers man appreciate it!!

PS4, my usernames yLwoT .... Im game for a tournament as soon as i get a few games in to get used to it!!

Cool, will add ya later.

On career mode on Hard, only lost my 2nd UFC fight to flash KO. On a win streak ever since. Fought Lamas, then aldo and then Siver for the FW belt. Weird I hadn't fought real fighters sooner but absolutely walking through everyone. Rated 89 while aldo was 99 but submitting and KOing people at will. Going onto my 22nd fight now. Glad I didn't give up at the start and go down a difficulty level.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Anyone on xbox one?

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Muirshin Durkin

I cant get my head around this game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Anyone on xbox one?

Yea I have it. TitianGerm. I might be on tomorrow if not I'll be the weekend

Did this tournie go ahead? I'm away with work this week so can't play but I'm definitely up for a tournie another time

I either just found a special move or a brillint glitch

Just saw the new Tommy Toe Hold and he features your glitch at approx 1.20 ;)

Ya I put that on the last page. Tommy messaged me saying he wanted to use it. He did a great job with the commentating, some classic lines there.

No tourney but will try again Soon. I have just 3 fights left in my career and will then be mostly playing online so send an invite if ye see me on. My Internet has been shyte the last couple of days though, hope it goes back to the speedy 4mbs soon.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

No tourney but will try again soon.

The tourney was on. I won by default since no one else showed up! ;)

Managed to get a good few fights into my career today, love the game so far. For the whole of TUF i couldnt get a KO no matter how hard i tried now i have my stats/moves the way i want them and find it alot easier to finish.
    Just made it onto the main card and still currently undefeated, got a last second TD which i think swayed a decision for me in my last fight.

Played one game online before i went off and won by TKO in the second round as McGregor v Aldo, Who ever i was playing couldnt defend take downs so i felt kind of bad for him and stopped taking him down, the TKO came shortly after. Have a feeling il be smashed online against people who know what there doing though until i get a few more games under my belt.

Fairly good game anyway especially graphics wise, EA have done well for there first instalment!

The only major gripe i have with the game is when you get a knockdown and cant jump right on top of them its ridiculous!

• Advertisement

Yeah, it's really missing that scramble that was in EA MMA where when you knocked someone down, you could sprint over and lunge onto them. In this, my guy takes a few casual hops over and throws regular punches before finally diving down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

The glitch video is on breaking news.ie :D

dave1982 wrote: »
    The glitch video is on breaking news.ie :D

HAHAHA That's mental!

Beat career on Hard today, lost 1 fight (2nd fight in UFC when I was still crap) but you become overpowered really fast. Only one fight went to the 2nd round and that's because I let it trying to get FON. my last 10 fights I either KO'd or Subbed the guys in the 1st minute.

Started a new career on Pro as a jitz guy and on the 3rd UFC fight with 3 subs in the first 2 minutes on each. Going for the trophies even though I'm not really a trophy whore.

So I'm going for the 'get all subs in a championship season'. Hadn't played online chips yet but had 3 games, won 2 by sub and the other guy quit just as he was tapping and I didn't get a win. Looking it up EA said it's a long term plan to weed all the quitters out and have them only play against themselves. The quitee should still get the win though. 2 more subs and I get the trophy and move onto the next level.

Had to take a short break though as my heart nearly came out of my chest sinking that last sub!

Beat career on Hard today, lost 1 fight (2nd fight in UFC when I was still crap) but you become overpowered really fast. Only one fight went to the 2nd round and that's because I let it trying to get FON. my last 10 fights I either KO'd or Subbed the guys in the 1st minute.

Started a new career on Pro as a jitz guy and on the 3rd UFC fight with 3 subs in the first 2 minutes on each. Going for the trophies even though I'm not really a trophy whore.

So I'm going for the 'get all subs in a championship season'. Hadn't played online chips yet but had 3 games, won 2 by sub and the other guy quit just as he was tapping and I didn't get a win. Looking it up EA said it's a long term plan to weed all the quitters out and have them only play against themselves. The quitee should still get the win though. 2 more subs and I get the trophy and move onto the next level.

Had to take a short break though as my heart nearly came out of my chest sinking that last sub!

Pretty much the same for me.. I've 1 fight left with 5 losses overall.
    I don't think that our fighters become to strong.. I think its more down to the AI being very easy to parry/counter and that they don't watch there stamina.

• Advertisement
Advertisement