Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

EA Sports UFC - Game

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,910 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Aw man KO'd by Aldo on my 5th fight. subbed the next guy but trophy didn't pop so looks like you have to get all the wins in a row. bull$hit trophy! Lost my first fight in season 2 just going for tthe stupid subs so that season is out as well.

Have to say though, online is absolutely class other than the quiters and spinning back kickers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Aw man KO'd by Aldo on my 5th fight. subbed the next guy but trophy didn't pop so looks like you have to get all the wins in a row. bull$hit trophy! Lost my first fight in season 2 just going for tthe stupid subs so that season is out as well.

Have to say though, online is absolutely class other than the quiters and spinning back kickers.

Had one of those guys last night! I was using my 90* Career guy and he was using J.Jones.

For the entire 1st round he was using spinning body kicks. KO'd him in the 2nd, but man did he piss me off! :P

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Had one of those guys last night! I was using my 90* Career guy and he was using J.Jones.

For the entire 1st round he was using spinning body kicks. KO'd him in the 2nd, but man did he piss me off! :P

I had Gus doing it to me and I picked Royce Gracie thinking I'd get a handy sub with him only to find he doesn't even have sub moves in a few positions I usually look for them, leaving me wide open for GnP tko. Royce is $hit in this! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9 THE CAPTAIN 420

hey did a good bit of career and feeling feisty looking for more ps4 users username:DOKUEKI have ufc and watchdogs for onlines was playing that war thunder free to play game hard as f--- but fun

Added you there, fancy some fisticuffs?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Carroller

I'm xbox one anyone else? GT Penguins Haooo

How's everyone finding Online Championships? I think my record is 8-2 at the moment, all my wins are by subs so far even though I didn't even try the last 2 but fighting Aldo and then Cain, nothing better than getting beat up only to sink in a sub and watch them trying to figure out how to defend them, only 1 person I met online so far in chips knew how to defend a sub.

EA posted on twitter last night that they are putting a fix together for quitters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭EvanCornwallis

How's everyone finding Online Championships? I think my record is 8-2 at the moment, all my wins are by subs so far even though I didn't even try the last 2 but fighting Aldo and then Cain, nothing better than getting beat up only to sink in a sub and watch them trying to figure out how to defend them, only 1 person I met online so far in chips knew how to defend a sub.

EA posted on twitter last night that they are putting a fix together for quitters.

Only playing it online. 35-11 record. White and blue belt divisions were great for subbing people. After that people tended to know what they were doing.

What's happening when people quit ? You get the loss ? Haven't had it done on me yet.

If you see the game pause, that means the other guy is quitting. He will get a DNF and in some bull$hit cases you get the DNF as well. You don't get a win and he won't get a loss. EA says in a few months time the system will put all DNF fighters together to fight against themselves. I see what they are trying to do for a long term goal but this game doesn't have enough modes to be a long term game. Online is the only thing to keep it going but that won't last long if people keep quitting. Only happened me once when the other guy was tapping, infuriating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

I'm 2-4 I think, one of my losses was a mate playing a match on my GT :mad: and another one I got submitted in the worst lag imaginable, couldn't get out! So I'm really 2-2, but struggling. I just can't seem to time my takedown defence right.

• Advertisement

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    I'm 2-4 I think, one of my losses was a mate playing a match on my GT :mad: and another one I got submitted in the worst lag imaginable, couldn't get out! So I'm really 2-2, but struggling. I just can't seem to time my takedown defence right.

Wanna make that 2-5? :cool:

What fighters ye using online? I avoid the champs (other than for the first season to get a grasp of it) but in season 2 and onwards I use:

HW - Mir (dodgy chin and slow as a donkey but has the sweet 3 stage Gogoplata from full mount. Plus my favourite HW in real life so always try and get him a win, God knows he needs one)

LHW/MW - Chuck Liddell in Rivalries (I actually unclick this div in Chips online just to avoid stupid jones and gus)

WW/LW/FW - Conor McGregor (his abilities give him a big boost for a fighter rated 89)

BW/FLW - Haven't spent enough time to find a fighter I like. I absolutely can't stand Barao, my least favourite fighter to come up against.

Wimmens - Cat Zingano (Some strength and I armbarred Ronda yesterday so her subs are good as well)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

I absolutely can't stand Barao, my least favourite fighter to come up against.

Ah ya love him realllyyyyyy :D

Going on now if you are around, im off today.

Axwell wrote: »
    Ah ya love him realllyyyyyy :D

Going on now if you are around, im off today.

F*ck you axwell!!!! :pac:

I'll be on after 4 for a little while but won't be on properly til after 11.30 tonight.

hey did a good bit of career and feeling feisty looking for more ps4 users username:DOKUEKI have ufc and watchdogs for onlines was playing that war thunder free to play game hard as f--- but fun

Added

Tournaments are open for the weekend. 3 cups depending on your level. Once you pick a fighter you have stick with him. Just beat cain as mir, very close though. Looks like 3 more wins to get the starter cup.

Anyone else doing one?

Tournaments are open for the weekend. 3 cups depending on your level. Once you pick a fighter you have stick with him. Just beat cain as mir, very close though. Looks like 3 more wins to get the starter cup.

Anyone else doing one?

Will give one a bash when I'm home. I'm after getting to BB division, 1-2 record there. So difficult path ahead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Carroller wrote: »
    Wanna make that 2-5? :cool:

Pah!

Send me an invite if you see me on. Although don't be offended if it gets ignored as a lot of the time I'm on its playing local multiplayer, the game is a massive hit with my mates.

Just had my 2nd fight of the cup I was fighting Nelson. War went to 5 rounds when I kod him from the clinch, the pu$$y tried to quit but too late.

Yxberra, you got knocked da fack out!!!

• Advertisement

Subbed cain the 3rd round then werdum wrecked me with spinning kicks and ground and pound in the last fight truly sickened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Was getting beaten all the time online until I discovered Cormier on HW was absolutely unbeatable, 10-0 with him so far, give him a go lads.
    Also if anyone wants a game on PS4, add me: kaptinofwAr121

martyos121 wrote: »
    Was getting beaten all the time online until I discovered Cormier on HW was absolutely unbeatable, 10-0 with him so far, give him a go lads.
    Also if anyone wants a game on PS4, add me: kaptinofwAr121

Added

Will try cormier sound, Mir has run his course. Will add you later. Gettibg a good crowd on ps4 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

I am brutal at this game. Losing 3 out of every 4 fights and anytime I'm about to get an extremely rare submission win, they pause and quit on me. So frustrating.

If I'm getting a hiding, I at least let them get the W.

I like using hendo and I pick him at middleweight rather than light heavyweight but keep getting matches with john jones spining back kick, non stop elbow spastics!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,257 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Wait, I haven't played online yet but are people saying that they don't get credited for wins if someone quits on them right before a submission?

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Wait, I haven't played online yet but are people saying that they don't get credited for wins if someone quits on them right before a submission?

Seems to be the case as far as I can see so far.

Yupp, I finished a sub the other day, the other guy was tapping then the game paused and he left the game. I didn't get a win and he didn't get a loss but he does get a dnf (who gives a **** about that!). In some cases you might get a dnf as well. Ea f×cked up the online cheating exploits.

I uncheck lhw and mw in online so I don't have to fight jones or gus and I always go for someone with decent subs incase I come across spinning kick ****.

Just won with a 30-24 decision!!

Jaysus that must have been a battering!!

Just read on official forums that on ps4 you will get a win if someone quits on you from today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Someone just after quitting when i subbed him :rolleyes:
    Didn't get the win, but i'm not really pissed.

Rather pathetic all the same.

Apparently a dev said new system is all in place, quitters get a loss and quitees get the win. Will test it out today by subbing some champs :)

That's a great deal. If anyone's not too bothered about not being able to get the DLC, you can get it shipped over from Canada for €45 including shipping costs. The games are all region free so there's nothing to worry about.
    http://www.videogamesplus.ca/product_info.php?products_id=21850

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Whats the general consensus on this game? Apologies if people have already asked! Hoping to bite the bullet and get a PS4 at the end of the month, going to get WatchDogs and possibly this as well if people think its good.

Seen the reviews have been mixed but I loved the Undisputed and Ea Sports MMA games and they were the same! thanks all

Okay, well I think it's the best MMA game released. I was a fan of both Undisputed and EA MMA and EA UFC is like a great hybrid of the 2. I didn't play online much in the last games but it's my go to mode in this. That might be because the biggest downside to this game is the lack of features. Career mode is alright, you can build a great fighter, fight through TUF and make a run at the belt. There are training mini games to get XP to up your stats or acquire moves but I started skipping these as you get enough XP from winning fights. Nothing crazy happens during career and it's very run of the mill.

A big plus is the new submission system, it works a dream and have had some brilliant sub battles. The people who complain about it just don't know how to use it.

The standup is excellent, maybe it contains too many spinning moves but they are trying to get to a broad audience, but it is a brilliant system and you can have a 5 round bloody war if you keep your hands up enough.

There is a challenges mode with nearly 100 mini games in all aspects of MMA to help you become a more complete fighter.

Fight Now is just a regular fight against AI or friend. And that's it for single player.

Online, you have Fight Now which is just an unranked match online. Rivalries is a mode where you invite a friend to play and it sets up a season of fights between you and first to win a certain amount gets the belt.
    Championships is the Ranked online fights where again, you have a season of 10 fights to get a certain amount of points to get the belt and move up a division (like FIFA if you played it)

Chips is a great laugh, you come across everyone from rock em sock style, counter fighters and sub artists. There are a few spam moves being used and it's never fun fighting a guy who has picked a champ who's rating is way too high but I've had more fun fights than crap.

This was the reason I got a PS4 but I do play a lot of other games as well so dunno if it's worth getting a PS4 for if you don't play much else.

Don't mind the pro reviews, I've read some absolutely ridiculous ones like playing on easy mode and complaining about it being too easy :eek:

Anyway, as a gamer and mma fan, you won't be disappointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Okay, well I think it's the best MMA game released. I was a fan of both Undisputed and EA MMA and EA UFC is like a great hybrid of the 2. I didn't play online much in the last games but it's my go to mode in this. That might be because the biggest downside to this game is the lack of features. Career mode is alright, you can build a great fighter, fight through TUF and make a run at the belt. There are training mini games to get XP to up your stats or acquire moves but I started skipping these as you get enough XP from winning fights. Nothing crazy happens during career and it's very run of the mill.

A big plus is the new submission system, it works a dream and have had some brilliant sub battles. The people who complain about it just don't know how to use it.

The standup is excellent, maybe it contains too many spinning moves but they are trying to get to a broad audience, but it is a brilliant system and you can have a 5 round bloody war if you keep your hands up enough.

There is a challenges mode with nearly 100 mini games in all aspects of MMA to help you become a more complete fighter.

Fight Now is just a regular fight against AI or friend. And that's it for single player.

Online, you have Fight Now which is just an unranked match online. Rivalries is a mode where you invite a friend to play and it sets up a season of fights between you and first to win a certain amount gets the belt.
    Championships is the Ranked online fights where again, you have a season of 10 fights to get a certain amount of points to get the belt and move up a division (like FIFA if you played it)

Chips is a great laugh, you come across everyone from rock em sock style, counter fighters and sub artists. There are a few spam moves being used and it's never fun fighting a guy who has picked a champ who's rating is way too high but I've had more fun fights than crap.

This was the reason I got a PS4 but I do play a lot of other games as well so dunno if it's worth getting a PS4 for if you don't play much else.

Don't mind the pro reviews, I've read some absolutely ridiculous ones like playing on easy mode and complaining about it being too easy :eek:

Thanks for the great reply, have been hoping to buy a PS4 witha while but whenever Ive got the money something has come up, now that this game is out it has got me wanting it again so hopefully will get it this time, would be a casual gamer and would enjoy Fifa etc as well so hopefully will be worth it, thansk for taking the time to write a good review !

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Muirshin Durkin

If you've never played an MMA game you will struggle like myself, i cant get my head around the controls. Its very frustrating, its not a game you can just pick up and jump right into.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

If you've never played an MMA game you will struggle like myself, i cant get my head around the controls. Its very frustrating, its not a game you can just pick up and jump right into.

I never played one before and it took about 3 hours and I've the hang of it now !!

You've more patience then me mate.

• Advertisement

Had a bizarre fight online last night, I was Werdum fighting Bigfoot and he wouldn't stop trying to take me down and submit me....WERDUM! I did learn Werdum actually has an underwhelming amount of subs from the bottom, no where near as good as Mir but he has much better striking and chin. It was my first fight that went to decision (I won) but was very weird. His heavy breathing throughout the whole fight didn't help either.

I'm currently 19-6 in Purple belt. Had an awful loss last night wen Cruz beat my McGregor in about a minute and a half with crazy punches and speed. Cruz is way worse to fight against than Barao. But I'm starting to see more variety in fighters, I wish there was a touch glove animation just so I could do it for people who pick Cowboy, Lawlor, etc.

I already have the game and love it but this reply makes me want to go out and buy another copy. :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Howshocowpownw

Game is fun online. 41-11 at the minute, just won BB division. Wouldn't be bothered offline. Submission system is very good, striking is awful. Arcade, Button striking in this day and age, annoying considering the fight nights are good. Game could be improved so much, fingers crossed. Knowing EA I wont hold my breath.

Yeah, there are a ton of features and modes that people are asking for. Waiting 2 years for the next one is going to be too long but I'm sure EA need selling power for the next one instead of free updates for this on. The sad thing is I'd nearly pay for DLC just for extra modes. I know they will be releasing roster updates for free (and legends for a price) but I won't be using TJ Dillashaw offline and he will be too cheesy/overpowered to play online.

They should concentrate on another fight night, far superior game.

I think the biggest miss for me is fight card mode. It was great fun creating your own fight card in Undisputed 3, playing out all the fights and the presentation was incredible.
    As good as EA UFC is, it's clearly a half-arsed job.

Bit of a troll post but meh ill bite. Fight night was muck to start out, how many incarnations of it have their been at this stage? This is the first next gen version of a UFC game with a new engine and for a first incarnation its very impressive imo. Take into account the amount of moves and controls they have to build in to a limited set of buttons and sticks and they have done quite well. Multiple fight styles and techniques, standup, ground, wrestling, submissions etc. Fight Night only needs a limited amount of buttons so they were able to use the thumbsticks as an alternative way to fight, this isnt possible with UFC. Both the sport and the actual game are far more complex than their counterparts so there is little point in comparing them or suggesting one is far superior.

People need to consider the amount of time put into developing this game for next gen and the detail that has gone into it. Sure there could be more game modes or a longer better career mode but this is the first incarnation of what looks to be a very promising series of games.

Too complicated, buggy, boring.

I agree. EA have a poor track record with sports games. So Fight Night was the exception, that was obviously far from prefect. They appeal to casual fans and buy out competition. Worst case being with Madden, followed closely by Fifa.

• Advertisement

Too complicated buggy, boring.

Git good bro :)

I have a feeling They spent the last few months tweaking the gameplay after the alpha videos received some critiques. I find it hard to believe they couldn't add an event mode or touch glove animation but I'm happy with the base gameplay.

Gogoplata from full mount is excellent. 3 stage sub, easier to finish someone with that than trying to gnp.

Advertisement