Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

EA Sports UFC - Game

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I never played one before and it took about 3 hours and I've the hang of it now !!

PSN or Xbox?

If you or anyone else is PSN stick your gamertag down, trying to get a few more numbers before setting up a tournament soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Axwell wrote: »
    PSN or Xbox?

If you or anyone else is PSN stick your gamertag down, trying to get a few more numbers before setting up a tournament soon.

I'm on xbox

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Muirshin Durkin

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Git good bro :)

I have a feeling They spent the last few months tweaking the gameplay after the alpha videos received some critiques. I find it hard to believe they couldn't add an event mode or touch glove animation but I'm happy with the base gameplay.

Gogoplata from full mount is excellent. 3 stage sub, easier to finish someone with that than trying to gnp.

Im stuck doing the story, its brutal, cant go online yet cause im crap, ever time someone grapples me i end up hugging him for 10 minutes not knowing whats going on. Its the most frustrating game ive ever played.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,257 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Im stuck doing the story, its brutal, cant go online yet cause im crap, ever time someone grapples me i end up hugging him for 10 minutes not knowing whats going on. Its the most frustrating game ive ever played.

Are you doing the training sessions before each fight? They explain everything.

Do the challenges also. It's pretty much a training manual for the game.

Even with the training i still cant get my head around it, ive very little time time play it, i'll have to put some in hours into it.

• Advertisement

Replay the tutorial first, then go through the challenges. Dont bother with career mode or online fights till you have a good grasp of the basics of each discipline.

For all of them keeping an eye on your stamina is vital.

For stand up blocking, punching and kicking.

For ground game just focus on transitions and getting back to your feet, once you block a few strikes you have the chance to transition. Early off you are better off just getting back up and fighting than trying to get involved on the ground and pull off submissions.

Learn how to get out of the clinch and when in it how to block and how to throw a few knees and punches. I remember in the old games the clinch used to frustrate me, I remember having a few fights with mrStuffins where he used Anderson Silva and used to knee the bejaysus out of me in the clinch and I struggled to get out of it.

Basically try cover all your bases so that you can get back to your feet and back to stand up striking if thats where you are most comfortable. Then work on your combos and block, parry, counter. Stamina plays a massive role in it so keep an eye on that.

If you can get that much going for you then you can spend time mastering the rest of it.

Add us if you are on ps4, you might take a few beatings at the start but you will learn a lot quicker too.

Replay the tutorial first, then go through the challenges. Dont bother with career mode or online fights till you have a good grasp of the basics of each discipline.

For all of them keeping an eye on your stamina is vital.

For stand up blocking, punching and kicking.

For ground game just focus on transitions and getting back to your feet, once you block a few strikes you have the chance to transition. Early off you are better off just getting back up and fighting than trying to get involved on the ground and pull off submissions.

Learn how to get out of the clinch and when in it how to block and how to throw a few knees and punches. I remember in the old games the clinch used to frustrate me, I remember having a few fights with mrStuffins where he used Anderson Silva and used to knee the bejaysus out of me in the clinch and I struggled to get out of it.

Basically try cover all your bases so that you can get back to your feet and back to stand up striking if thats where you are most comfortable. Then work on your combos and block, parry, counter. Stamina plays a massive role in it so keep an eye on that.

If you can get that much going for you then you can spend time mastering the rest of it.

Add us if you are on ps4, you might take a few beatings at the start but you will learn a lot quicker too.

Cheers for the tips man, appreciate it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,910 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

+1 what Axwell said, also well worth playing against fellas on here with Rivalries, we all play very differently from the AI and since it's unranked, it's just a bit of craic, nice way to learn moves from different fighters in different weight classes.

PS. If you fight Axwell, (PSN -IrishWolverine), don't be put out when he sweeps/reverses you on the ground. For the life of me I can't stop him doing it.

Sound lads!

Yeah myself and Sheehy play rivalries all the time and just alternate who hosts. So that person picks the weight class then we just pick different fighters all the time to try them out rather than using the same ones over and over.

Its good craic and you get to try out all the different fighters then to see which ones you prefer and what weight classes you prefer for when you do your career or do the online modes. Some of the fights have been unreal, back and forth battles, others have lasted all of about a minute with a TKO but its all a bit of craic.

Sheehy didnt you ever watch the karate kid? Sweep the leg...

sweep+the+leg.jpg

• Advertisement

If i was to play either of you's now, all you'd have to do is one of them grappling moves and id be a gonner.

Thats where you punch them in the face, hard and repeatedly..tends to stop most grappling :D

As I said get the basics and the rest will come from playing it. When you find you keep losing a certain way or cant defend a certain move go find out how to.

Again, sound lads, when i get the hang of it, ill add you's if you's are up for a few games, hard to find time with work and that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

Sheehy & Axwell youv both added be, i havnt been on since but il possibly get on tonight for a few fights if either of yous are around!!

Add us anyways and that way if we are on just send an invite and have a few fights. Worse case ya get battered but learn what you need to go look into.

Speaking of the Karate Kid, how did you like my Machida's crane kick to your face :pac:

Durkin, if you play against us, send a quick message saying something like 'grappling' and we can know then to just take it to the matt and let you practice your moves in peace :)

If you are in a fight and really don't want to go to the ground, then when you get taken down, keep pressing the L3 analogue stick in. this attempts a get up. A good ground fighter will counter this as soon as you get taken down so if L3 doesn't work, block his next transition by holding R2 (Block) and holding the Right Analogue stick either left or right (depending on which way he is moving). If you block a transition, keep pressing L3 to get up. If he starts throwing digs hold r2. After a successful block, you have increased chances of getting up by pressing L3.

That should be a start anyway.

Or sweep them..Sheehy tell him how to sweep them there when you are at it ;)

PS not as much as I liked seeing Diaz fall flat on his face after he tried the palm of my foot on as a face mask!

Or sweep them..Sheehy tell him how to sweep them there when you are at it ;)

PS not as much as I liked seeing Diaz fall flat on his face after he tried the palm of my foot on as a face mask!

That was a fast match, Nate won't be getting picked anymore, Stockton my hole!

That was a fast match, Nate won't be getting picked anymore, Stockton my hole!

No Mark Hunt is the worst fighter in the game ive used so far by a country mile, so slow and sluggish and thats before he gets punched in the head.

No Mark Hunt is the worst fighter in the game ive used so far by a country mile, so slow and sluggish and thats before he gets punched in the head.

HAHA he had serious power in his punches please. Chael was a huge disappointment, I haven't played with him yet but he looked crap.

Hugely enjoying the wimmen fights. Cat and Davis are great to use, felt like using might mouse after that HW fight.

• Advertisement

If you are in a fight and really don't want to go to the ground, then when you get taken down, keep pressing the L3 analogue stick in. this attempts a get up. A good ground fighter will counter this as soon as you get taken down so if L3 doesn't work, block his next transition by holding R2 (Block) and holding the Right Analogue stick either left or right (depending on which way he is moving). If you block a transition, keep pressing L3 to get up. If he starts throwing digs hold r2. After a successful block, you have increased chances of getting up by pressing L3.

That should be a start anyway.

See this shows how people differ, I would approach this a completely different way. If I get taken down I block their punches and then begin to minor transition (quarter turn upwards from 9-12) until I have them back to guard control - my legs around their waist and they are between my legs, at that stage I sweep them with a major transition L1+Minor Transtion, if it works im now on top in the full mount and can posture up and rain down a few punches as they frantically escape.

If I think they are good and i wanna get out of there I throw a few punches and then L3 to get up. I never just try to stand up using L3 like above because to me it lets them think ok this guy hates the ground and ill just keep doing it. So you find yourself for 3 rounds stuck in the same loop. If you transition and sweep them then they go hmm ok maybe I wont go to the ground as much for fear of getting full mounted and knocked out.

Again its about trying to be comfortable enough in most situations, obviously you will be better in some than others but as long as you can get out of a bad spot and take it to stand up, or the ground if you prefer then you have some control.

And now Sheehy knows my secret and our fights will forever change...

HAHA he had serious power in his punches please. Chael was a huge disappointment, I haven't played with him yet but he looked crap.

Hugely enjoying the wimmen fights. Cat and Davis are great to use, felt like using might mouse after that HW fight.

Hmm yeah Chael was pretty awful but I think you just caught him on a bad day, lucky hit. He wasnt feeling it, hadnt hyped the fight up enough, took his 'vitamins' etc.. ;)

MUWAHAHAHAHAHA

Ahem.... Yes, all good points above. Once you get used to the game, then it's okay to try the above. Personally in Ranked, I like to take a guy down and hold r2 and down. This blocks his get up attempt straight away and he panics, I transition and thrown on a sub to feel out his sub defense. If I can't get it, I will just stand up. Like above, it tells the guy I'm comfortable on the ground (unless the guy sweeps me :) ) and he might avoid takedowns for the rest of the fight.

Also, I tend to pick BJJ fellas even if I don't plan on subbing them. If someone takes me down, I try to instantly throw in Kimura from the bottom or a triangle, scares the shyte out of them and the takedowns tend to stop after a few sub attempts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Howshocowpownw

Most annoying thing online is people who take you down, get right back up and attempt another TD.

Most annoying thing online is people who take you down, get right back up and attempt another TD.

Feckers looking for a decision score as takedowns score heavy. I'm fairly good at blocking takedown attempts. I just wish you could punish them more like a knew or guillotine. I know you can throw a kick or uppercut but it just cancels the takedown with very little damage.

Used to love countering takedowns in EA MMA.

Takedowns score ridiculously with the judges. You ever go the distance in the fight and it will come down to takedowns, not how many times you rocked the other guy, almost subbed him or the fact hes been dragged around the cage for 3 rounds. Takedowns win it everytime as far as I can see. If I am in a fight that I think is going to go the distance after the first round I try to keep track of the number of takedowns and if they take me down I try get one back even if its just a quick take down and stand up again just to try keep it even.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Cant wait to get this now, are ye mostly playing on XBox or PS4! Hoping to purchase towards end of month and leaning towards PS4

Mostly ps4

Cant wait to get this now, are ye mostly playing on XBox or PS4! Hoping to purchase towards end of month and leaning towards PS4

About 7 or 8 of us on PS4

• Advertisement

I remember having a few fights with mrStuffins where he used Anderson Silva and used to knee the bejaysus out of me in the clinch and I struggled to get out of it.

What a pr*ck :pac:

MrStuffins wrote: »
    What a pr*ck :pac:

I haven't fought Stuffins yet, You ducking me BRO???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

Just played a few games against my mate there, absolutely gutted just as i was about to transition into the last phase of a kimura my finger slipped off the analog and hit the home button -_-.

Weidman has a serious chin, him and machida are my new favourite fighters in the game!

I haven't fought Stuffins yet, You ducking me BRO???

Axwell is talking about the older game. I haven't actually dared play this new one online just yet. Might have a game later tonight actually!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Nice few on boards with this game now, if ye fancy a few fights with me, add kaptinofwAr121 on PS4. Think I've a couple of you added already.

Axwell is talking about the older game. I haven't actually dared play this new one online just yet. Might have a game later tonight actually!

See ya in the cage so, you have been practicing long enough now :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

I haven't been able to play anyone online since me and Sheehy's last match!

I'm still having nightmares!!!! :mad:

I'll give ya a tip, axwell is still susceptible to the ol knees from clinch, he still can't get out of them :D

Blobby that fight was excellent, had to soak my thumbs in ice after it.

We will definitely have to get a tourney going soon.

I'll give ya a tip, axwell is still susceptible to the ol knees from clinch, he still can't get out of them :D

Blobby that fight was excellent, had to soak my thumbs in ice after it.

We will definitely have to get a tourney going soon.

I can get out of them fine, I was on the phone while you were doing them lol

Also I prefer to return the favor a few times before breaking the clinch. Try them later and see how you get on :D

Jaysus Marty just got me in a savage head kick ko! I need to work on my ground game, those elbows do serious damage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,942 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Went 40 fights undefeated in normal career mode (most were submissions in the 1st minute)

Started on pro and lost to the first chump they throw at me.

• Advertisement

Jaysus Marty just got me in a savage head kick ko! I need to work on my ground game, those elbows do serious damage.

You're parrying is serious altogether, very few chances to hit you at all.
    What a glitch from the takedown too!

martyos121 wrote: »
    You're parrying is serious altogether, very few chances to hit you at all.
    What a glitch from the takedown too!

Uploading the vid now. Fair play for getting off me cuz the only thing I could do there was block!

Was absolutely battering a fella in Championships there, and the bloody trip switch dropped!
    I blame the Chinese.

Here's the glitch that happened between me and Marty, the shnake even went for the highly illegal double titty twister!

Christ, it's even funnier now when I see it again.
    And the double titty twister isn't illegal, it's just looked down upon. :P

Just played my first game online. Won by first round submission after being battered on my feet.

I'm for for 20-30 minutes if anyone fancies a scrap, if not, i'll be in Championships.

F*ck sake! fighting as McGregor against Melendez, he was $hit! gassing himself throwing hooks. I had him rocked then 1 uppercut rocks me, he blocked 2 of my takedowns and a flying knee finished me. I'll have to stop using Conor, his game chin can't handle the top guys strikes at all.

What do ye do if you get rocked and they are stuffing your takedowns?

F*ck sake! fighting as McGregor against Melendez, he was $hit! gassing himself throwing hooks. I had him rocked then 1 uppercut rocks me, he blocked 2 of my takedowns and a flying knee finished me. I'll have to stop using Conor, his game chin can't handle the top guys strikes at all.

What do ye do if you get rocked and they are stuffing your takedowns?

Sometimes you can just keep sidestepping, but if you're guy is stumbling you just gotta hope for the best. Also, a sidestep, counter punch, then a takedown never fails if you're timing is good.

Ah didn't know you could side step once rocked, thanks will try that next time.

• Advertisement
Advertisement