Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

EA Sports UFC - Game

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,910 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Alright so, see if we can get 2 more people for the tournament today, close it up this afternoon and do a draw. Then you have to have your first fight by Friday.

You can only pick fighters ranked 93 and below, no champs or caf's.
    Fights will take place in Rivalries, non ranked. Best of 3, you will pick a weight division each and if it goes to a 3rd fight, you both pick Heavy Weight.

So far:

MrStuffins
    ASOT
    Mr Blobby
    Sheehy83
    martyos121
    Axwell

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

First fight by Friday isnt going to suit everyone if you only post the draw later. Results of first fight by Sunday evening 6pm would make more sense and do another draw after that and those to be done by Wednesday?

Also where were ya hiding list night when the batings were been dished out. Myself and marty had a few great fights - just left it to stand up in most of them and tried to knock each other out. It was like the Thunderdome in Mad Max! Two men enter one man leaves..(the other one actually leaves too shortly after but takes some press photos first ;)). If you knocked them down you let them up again until there was a KO. Great craic and some really close fights where either of us could have went at any second.

Axwell wrote: »
    First fight by Friday isnt going to suit everyone if you only post the draw later. Results of first fight by Sunday evening 6pm would make more sense and do another draw after that and those to be done by Wednesday?

Sounds good. Ah I was gonna head on but I'm ducking Marty at the moment :p

I'll have to try get on tonight, getting ring rust at this stage!

I was ducking marty as well...mainly his head kicks and punches.

*ba dum tsss*

Going on in about half an hour if anyones around

Going on in about half an hour if anyones around

I was on around half 11 but no one online. Played a Fight Now, 1st time playing a randomer unranked and was actually a great fight between Mousasi and Souza, might play more unranked.

Well it looks like no more ducking Marty :pac: I did a random generator for the 6 of us in the tourney and results below. You have until Sunday 6pm to post your results from your best of 3 fights. Looks like someone is getting a buy but not much we can do about that unless from the 3 winners A, B & C, A fights B, winner goes to final. Loser of A & B fights C and winner of that goes to the final?

So, the 1st EA UFC BUFC tourney will consist of:

Mr. Stuffins (MrStuffins84 ) vs Mr. Blobby (Mr_Blobby999)

Martyos121 (kaptinofwAr121) vs Sheehy83 (sheehy83)

ASOT (yLwoT) vs Axwell (IrishWolverine)

mIDrmf4.jpg?1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,257 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

So the final will be a Triple Threat? :pac:

I'll be around tonight to dominate play if you're around Mr.B?

I was on but after the match which went to penos so was later than planned.

Nice on with the draw. I think we should avoid anyone getting a bye though if we can. Its too quick and everyone deserves a batin!!

We could just do extra fights between those 3 to get a final 2. A fights B 3 times and they record the score, say 2-1. Then A fights C say its 1-2. That leaves A with 3 wins. And see whoever has the most wins, top 2 go to the final.

Also what are we doing for the 3 rounds. Each pick a division and then the last fight is HW always?

We could just do extra fights between those 3 to get a final 2. A fights B 3 times and they record the score, say 2-1. Then A fights C say its 1-2. That leaves A with 3 wins. And see whoever has the most wins, top 2 go to the final.

Also what are we doing for the 3 rounds. Each pick a division and then the last fight is HW always?

Yeah sounds good, sure we can pick a way to do it Sunday night. Definitely can't do a buy anyway, few different ways to judge a winner.

Yeah, A invites B to rivalry where A picks the weight class. Then the opposite with B choosing. If it goes to a 3rd fight, anyone can start a rivalry but have to pick HW.

No champs, no cafs, no fighters rated 94 or over.

Double click the Share button to start a 15 min recording so you can brag or claim your opponent is a durty spammer.

Now, I better do some kind of Rocky montage training for Marty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

I cant wait to get absolutely smashed :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Hoping to ppurchase this and the PS4 in the next few weeks, hope ye will still be into the game by then haha

sheehy83 wrote: »
    No champs, no cafs, no fighters rated 94 or over.

93 or over? or is this creeping back up lol..

Also I think no Souza after Marty submitted me the other night with him, his submission stats are 100!!! :eek:

Hoping to ppurchase this and the PS4 in the next few weeks, hope ye will still be into the game by then haha

Ah im sure we will, its always good craic to go on for a few fights between other lads on boards more so than play online against randomers.

ASOT wrote: »
    I cant wait to get absolutely smashed :D

Drinking before our fight will probably lessen your chances of winning..just saying.

But as I always joke with Dana - never leave it in the hands of the judges!

93 or over? or is this creeping back up lol..

Also I think no Souza after Marty submitted me the other night with him, his submission stats are 100!!! :eek:

Oh I thought we said you could select 93 and under? HAHA I dunno, alright 93 and under so.

I was playing as Souza last night and was completely outstruck by mousasi. I found Souza to be very slow with striking. Late in round 2, I knew I was losing so threw on a sub and it was all over. The other guy knew what he was doing but couldn't get out. I'd say it's ok to pick Souza, if you are fighting him, just don't let him to get you to the ground and if you do, block subs immediately and just stand up :D

Yupp, I'm sure a few people (myself included) will be looking to get revenge after BUFC 1. There are 3 or 4 more people with this on PS4 here as well so hopefully we can get 8 people next time.

Yupp, I'm sure a few people (myself included) will be looking to get revenge after BUFC 1. There are 3 or 4 more people with this on PS4 here as well so hopefully we can get 8 people next time.

Ah yeah well up for that, will take me a few days to get upto speed with the controls, a few here at work have been saying they are pretty complicated, had all 3 undisputed and the previous ea game so hopefully will be a bit quicker picking them up!

Oh I thought we said you could select 93 and under? HAHA I dunno, alright 93 and under so.

We did lol, but 94 is over 93?..too many punches in the head there Sheehy :D

*makes notes*

ground you say, ok..block...and stand up....ok got ya..i think

Anyways I have been studying you all on ps4 and know what divisions you always pick so I am gonna pick the opposite against you all!!! muhahahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭MarkJD

Sorry i havnt been around lads. In the process of moving abroad at the end of this month so i sold the PS4. Will definitely give you all a shout when i get setup with a new system! Gutted to miss the tournament but enjoy :)

• Advertisement

Where ya moving to if ya dont mind me asking ya lucky fecker

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭MarkJD

Haha. Moving to Vancouver. Have to spend 3 weeks in Toronto with work as that is where the offices are based but im going to be working out in Vancouver. Gonna get a PS4 as soon as i can. My lunch time will be about 9pm Irish time i think and as ill be working from home :p ill jump on at lunch time and give you a few digs haha!

My cousin bought the PS4 so i might let him know about the Tournament. DOnt think he is a boards user so will try get him into it.

Nice..always hear great things about over there. Working from home as well, damn that sounds good. Extended lunch breaks are in order I think or work up some flexi!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

MrStuffins wrote: »
    So the final will be a Triple Threat? :pac:

I'll be around tonight to dominate play if you're around Mr.B?

Yeah, i'll be on this evening.
    I'll let you host the fights since my connection is rubbish.

Bought this on lunch, Argos were selling ti for 52 EUR, looked to be 65 Eur everywhere else! Still dont have a PS4 tho haha :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Well it looks like no more ducking Marty :pac:

52347160.jpg

• Advertisement

Ahahaha, I learned how to sweep and throw bows so you can take me down all night long! Mmm that doesn't sound right. You around tomorrow night?

Yeah, I'm on tonight as well. Whatever suits ya. Should be great fights.

martyos121 wrote: »
    Yeah, I'm on tonight as well. Whatever suits ya. Should be great fights.

I can be on around 7.45 if that suits, if not will be after 11.30. Might as well get this over quick :D

I also read online, since you can touch gloves, people are ducking (l2 and left stick forward) as a kind of bow. I tried it a few times with randomers and got kicked in the face. Just in case ye wonder what I'm up to

I can be on around 7.45 if that suits, if not will be after 11.30. Might as well get this over quick :D

I also read online, since you can touch gloves, people are ducking (l2 and left stick forward) as a kind of bow. I tried it a few times with randomers and got kicked in the face. Just in case ye wonder what I'm up to

Haha, didn't even know ya could touch gloves! How do you do that? I should be on around 8 anyways, you can pick the first weight class.

martyos121 wrote: »
    Haha, didn't even know ya could touch gloves! How do you do that? I should be on around 8 anyways, you can pick the first weight class.

Shyte meant you cant :(. Cool will send ya in invite.

I might try live stream it on twitch for the spoof

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

Axwell is it alright if we play tomrrow night or saturday?? I havnt been on in ages so i want to shake off the rustiness so i dont get beat to bad!

Jumping on now if anyone is around?

MrStuffins84

Jumping on now if anyone is around?

MrStuffins84

Will be on shortly.

ITS TIME!!!!!!!!!

Hey lads, live stream of me and marty about to fight if anyone wants to watch

http://www.twitch.tv/sheehy83

can watch through ps4 as well. My first time trying this, have no clue what it will be like with my 4mb internet. if it causes the game to lag i will shut it down.

We are just having quick test match to test lag.

video won't load on my laptop so can't tell :(

EDIT: I stopped the broadcast, bit of lag, balls anyway.

Good game Blobby! Guess the game is true to life. Vitor gasses like hell lol!

Good game Blobby! Guess the game is true to life. Vitor gasses like hell lol!

I was getting very scared when where trying those subs.
    I'm pretty crap at getting out of them.

Whatever you were doing was working. Normally I catch people in them but I couldn't get near you

Whatever you were doing was working. Normally I catch people in them but I couldn't get near you

I'm guessing it was because I had full stamina and Vitor was gassed after the 3rd punch :pac:

Who won out of yer matches?

Me and Marty just finished, 2-1 to me. The 3rd fight was epic Mir vs Country, could have gone either way, gonna try upload it. Jaysus Marty, you and DC were made for each other, that 2nd fight was a massacre!

Who won out of yer matches?

Me and Marty just finished, 2-1 to me. The 3rd fight was epic Mir vs Country, could have gone either way, gonna try upload it. Jaysus Marty, you and DC were made for each other, that 2nd fight was a massacre!

3 fights? We only did 1 :pac:
    Should have read my contract:D

• Advertisement

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    3 fights? We only did 1 :pac:
    Should have read my contract:D

Haha yeah it's best of 3. you pick one weight, he picks 1 weight and if it's 1-1 the 3rd fight is a HW, winner of that moves to semis :D

Ah ok. Sh1te I didn't know.

Might be on later if you are Mr.B?

Ah ok. Sh1te I didn't know.

Might be on later if you are Mr.B?

Yeah, just gimme a time.

Yeah, just gimme a time.

22:30?

22:30?

cool with me. So if I win this next fight i'm through, and if you win then we have a 3rd fight to decided.

cool with me. So if I win this next fight i'm through, and if you win then we have a 3rd fight to decided.

Indeed ;)

Damn! 0-2. Serious take down defence. Good fight :)

Damn! 0-2. Serious take down defence. Good fight :)

Those were some very weird transition when I was in your guard :pac:

So right now its Sheehy and myself in the next round.

• Advertisement

Asot and axwell, live stream yer fight if ye have proper Internet, wouldn't mind seeing that!

Advertisement