Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

EA Sports UFC - Game

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,924 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

pepper180 wrote: »
    I doubt he will man! He is away on holiday soon.. if not gone already!
    Lucky him...

Oh yeah, forgot about that. Ah he's ducking me bro :)

Holy $hit did ye see the patch notes for the latest patch? ??

Haven't tried it yet but will be putting it on tonight to see. New fighters, touch gloves, sprawling and loads more!

Addition of 3 new fighters. 2 in Bantamweight: TJ Dillashaw, Takeya Mizugaki and 1 at Welterwieight: Tyron Woodley. Updates to fighter records.

Update TJ Dillashaw to be Bantamweight Champion in Career and default fighter in Fight Now.
    Updated Alexander Gustafsson's tattoo.
    Gameplay - Added Finish the Fight, allowing users to land extra shots after knockout!!!!!
    Added sprawls when defending Power Takedowns.
    Added ability to touch gloves at the start of every round
    Added animation to submissive fighter when attempting full guard sweep to a postured opponent in full guard.
    Fixed an exploit where Dominant fighter in full mount could sneak in punches from Posturing up.
    Removed Power takedown and side control sweeps from fighter that should not have them.
    Stamina and damage changes are now relative to Accelerated Clock
    Stamina no longer regenerates if user holds block.
    User takes a larger stamina penalty when hit while weak blocking .
    dominant fighter in full guard has larger window to reverse the full guard sweep to mount. animation of sweep takes longer.
    fixed rare submission issue where gates could be skipped.
    Fixed issues with framerate during gameplay.
    fixed rare issue with loss of takedown functionality after denying cage clench.
    fixed issues with referee standup during TKOs and submissions. *Fixed various physics issues.
    Fixed various animation issues.

Audio

update to Renan Barao Bruce Buffer commentary

Online:

Opened Red Belt division in championships
    opened Grand Prix Invitational tournament in Championships.
    Fixed leaderboards stats
    fixed online disconnects resting user's fighter in tourneys
    Fixed onoine siconnects not reporting the game and no DNF given
    fixed issue with uploading highlight reels when game is suspended.

Misc.

Added a EULA title in the extras menu
    Update to filtering of tutorial videos based on Language Settings

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Thats excellent, they pretty much have fixed anything I had an issue with.

Mainly the disconnects and no DNF given and I always felt more stamina should come off when blocking all the time so good to see it does now.

Nice to see they added touch gloves as well!

See you in the octagon Sheehy!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

Just played 4 games there with TJ, won all four, nobody would touch gloves though!! 1 KO & 3 subs hes an absolute beast! Woodly is crap, got absolutely destroyed by gill with him.

Sweeps take longer making them easier to block. Bet I still won't be able to block any :) mad to try the new finish the fight feature land some hendo bombs.no more snskey punches posturing up from mount either, they were a bastsrd.

People probably don't know you can touch gloves or how to do it at this stage if the patch only came out.

Great so TJ is the new fighter everyones gonna spam now instead :D

Gonna grab some food and ill be on in half an hour to take the head clean off anyone thats on ;)

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Sweeps take longer making them easier to block. Bet I still won't be able to block any :) mad to try the new finish the fight feature land some hendo bombs.no more snskey punches posturing up from mount either, they were a bastsrd.

I kod someone with a heel kick and more or less mounted his downed body it was awesome!

I read if you hold l2 at start of the fight you wil touch gloves, also works when ref stands ye up. Invite me if ye see me on later, wil have to try tj vs barao.

I read if you hold l2 at start of the fight you wil touch gloves, also works when ref stands ye up. Invite me if ye see me on later, wil have to try tj vs barao.

Yeah it works until someone throws a punch then its disabled!

ASOT wrote: »
    Yeah it works until someone throws a punch then its disabled!

So you can throw a punch in the middle of it? Great stuff :D

• Advertisement

Deffo. Im going on now if you are around. Just downloading the updates

Axwell wrote: »
    Deffo. Im going on now if you are around. Just downloading the updates

I'll be in around 15 minutes, have to download the latest ps4 update as well as the game one.

I'll be in around 15 minutes, have to download the latest ps4 update as well as the game one.

Go find your mic when you are waiting!

Ah nearly 600mbs download, I might be a while...

Fukking hell what a game changer!! The news sprawl is awesome, no more wwf slams! Koing a guy thenjumpingonhim with hammer fists untilthe ref pushed me off.....AWESOME!!

Me and Axwell just had some wars, TJ v Barao II ended in a sweet RNC!! Cheers for the games man it was good playign against people who dont use OP fighters and spam round houses!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Finally gonna have my PS4 next week already have this game, does the patch make a difference, most of the reviews I read we're critical of the KOs and lack of sprawls etc, this obv sorts this? Does the update download automatically?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Game is just so brutal now after the new patch, the knocks and follow ups are just sick.

Finally gonna have my PS4 next week already have this game, does the patch make a difference, most of the reviews I read we're critical of the KOs and lack of sprawls etc, this obv sorts this? Does the update download automatically?

Yeah it tells you there is an update due before you can play the game and it will start it downloading.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,519 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Just downloading the patch now. I should be ready at around 22:30 if anyone wants a few fights. Dying to try out the new features.

Feels like a sequel, ground game feels more controllable yet frantic, sprawls still surprise me, not expecting them, have to see what moves can be done from there. Fair play to EA on this one.

Feels like a sequel, ground game feels more controllable yet frantic, sprawls still surprise me, not expecting them, have to see what moves can be done from there. Fair play to EA on this one.

Im loving the new ground game, really getting the hang of it! Instead of getting straight up when im taken down i like doing subs from the bottom, got a sweet guillotine earlier think i nearly got Axwell with one to!

Nick Diaz is hands down the best player in the game, 10-2 with him so far. Solid chin, good moves & sick subs! Unreal.

ASOT wrote: »
    got a sweet guillotine earlier think i nearly got Axwell with one to!

Wasnt even close! ;)

I was about 1 second away from passing out and id say the neighbours thought I was killing someone in the apartment with the names I was shouting
    :D

Wasnt even close! ;)

I was about 1 second away from passing out and id say the neighbours thought I was killing someone in the apartment with the names I was shouting
    :D

My hand slipped off the thumb grip at the last second i was gutted, took the RNC well enough! I got absolutely hammered in the first three fights though it took me a bit to get into it haha

ye still playing this? Getting my PS4 on friday finally, cant wait, Im going to whoop ye (not really!!!). Did the patch make the game much better?

• Advertisement

ye still playing this? Getting my PS4 on friday finally, cant wait, Im going to whoop ye (not really!!!). Did the patch make the game much better?

I think the patch was a great improvement but it's getting slated online. The new stamina management is harder especially when blocking and the devs admitted now fighting with HW's is much harder as their stamina is already crap. The gameplay elements like sprawling and touch gloves are definitely a step in the right direction.

Add me when you get it - sheehy83

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Carroller

I think the patch was a great improvement but it's getting slated online. The new stamina management is harder especially when blocking and the devs admitted now fighting with HW's is much harder as their stamina is already crap. The gameplay elements like sprawling and touch gloves are definitely a step in the right direction.

Add me when you get it - sheehy83

How do you touch gloves?

As soon as the fight starts, hold L2 and move towards your opponent. They will automatically do it when close enough. You can also do it after the ref stands ye up by holding L2 as soon as ye get up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Carroller

As soon as the fight starts, hold L2 and move towards your opponent. They will automatically do it when close enough. You can also do it after the ref stands ye up by holding L2 as soon as ye get up.

Cant wait to initiate a touch gloves and then give a sly kick to the face :D

Carroller wrote: »
    Cant wait to initiate a touch gloves and then give a sly kick to the face :D

Ah you and Axwell will get on great then :P

• Advertisement

Ah you and Axwell will get on great then :P

Ah heeeerrreee! I only did it the once to see if it was possible. Ya deserved it anyways! :D

Are you two ladies ever gonna have your fight so we can get another tournament going!!?

Are you two ladies ever gonna have your fight so we can get another tournament going!!?

Blobby is still in training camp :) Blobby as soon as you are back, let me know and we can arrange a time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Add me for a game guys. PSN username is: Cpl_J

So sick of playing people who only pick the best guys like Jones and Barao so hopefully can get some decent games here.

John_D80 wrote: »
    Add me for a game guys. PSN username is: Cpl_J

So sick of playing people who only pick the best guys like Jones and Barao so hopefully can get some decent games here.

Add you there, most lads on here fight with regular fighters, only time I'd use a champ is if we agree to a certain matchup like Jones vs DC or just want to try out noobie TJ. The tournament we have only uses fighters rated 93 and under also to stop that over powered spinning back kick shyte.

It's great now the way not all fighters have the power takedowns. Heavyweights were always the worst to use because of their slowness but they're even worse now with the degraded stamina.

Add you there, most lads on here fight with regular fighters, only time I'd use a champ is if we agree to a certain matchup like Jones vs DC or just want to try out noobie TJ. The tournament we have only uses fighters rated 93 and under also to stop that over powered spinning back kick shyte.

It's great now the way not all fighters have the power takedowns. Heavyweights were always the worst to use because of their slowness but they're even worse now with the degraded stamina.

Will finally have this tomorrow, have been waiting for the last of us bundle to come ut, will post my PSN name once up and running, hopefully will be able to take a few of ye on soon :)

Will finally have this tomorrow, have been waiting for the last of us bundle to come ut, will post my PSN name once up and running, hopefully will be able to take a few of ye on soon :)

Cool, add me away sheehy83, might see you online in The Last of Us as well!

Few fights tonight if anyones around?

Getting The Last Of Us tomorrow so will be focussed on that for a few days!

Me and blobby having the final tonight. I'm the same getting last of us tomorrow as well, might see you online in that as well axwell.

Aaand the new...BUFC PS4 champion of the woooooooorld.....

Mr. Blobby!

Congrats man, stuffed 2-0. Chuck let me down against Vitor Bro, TNT was just too much for me. Then cat vs davies. My head was purple for all 4 rounds. Wouldn't even go down between rounds, surprised I lasted so long.

Don't get too comfy with the belt man, BUFC 2 is just around the corner!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Aaand the new...BUFC PS4 champion of the woooooooorld.....

Mr. Blobby!

Congrats man, stuffed 2-0. Chuck let me down against Vitor Bro, TNT was just too much for me. Then cat vs davies. My head was purple for all 4 rounds. Wouldn't even go down between rounds, surprised I lasted so long.

I had a feeling that you'd pick Chuck for light heavy so i've been playing against him a lot for practice.

Was also very happy when you picked Cat over Davies. Davies seems to be soo much faster! But my god can Cat take a punch!!

First time losing with chuck but he was doing zero damage against Vitor. I usually pick davies but cat is so much stronger. Man I totally had that sub if the time didn't run out :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

First time losing with chuck but he was doing zero damage against Vitor. I usually pick davies but cat is so much stronger. Man I totally had that sub if the time didn't run out :D

You actually did!! Only for the clock i was ****ed!! :pac:
    Thats why I always made sure to keep it standing :D

Then cat vs davies. My head was purple for all 4 rounds. Wouldn't even go down between rounds, surprised I lasted so long.

Thats exactly how my fight was with Blobby and those two. I just couldnt recover even when I was avoiding punches. Cat was like a walking beetroot for the whole fight!!

Thats exactly how my fight was with Blobby and those two. I just couldnt recover even when I was avoiding punches. Cat was like a walking beetroot for the whole fight!!

Okay then, we need to test Mr. Blobby's game to see if he illegally downloaded the TRT patch! :pac:

So how is everyone feeling about the new Stamina? I like it but if you find yourself drained and the other guy full, it's hard to come back. Makes it a bit more realistic trying to conserve energy.

Finally got the ps4, finding this tough enough, add me markcahill1985, will prob be a few days by time I'm up to scratch tho, keep getting killed in clinch, how to u defend transitions in clinch?

Finally got the ps4, finding this tough enough, add me markcahill1985, will prob be a few days by time I'm up to scratch tho, keep getting killed in clinch, how to u defend transitions in clinch?

First transition to an offensive clinch for you by circling the right stick in a 1/4 circle. When you are on the offense, Hold R2 and back to stop them transitioning or escaping. Hammer L3 (click the Left analogue stick) if you just want to escape. If he is blocking your transitions, Hit him with knees or punches and then try escape after landing a hit.

Really getting into this, wasn't too sure at first but think it's a fine game now, keep getting reversed when on mount tho haha

Small issue does the controller not vibrate for anyone else when playing? Haven't felt it vibrate once and the setting is set to on in the ps4 settings?

Yeah I still find it very hard to block sweeps even though they made the block window bigger in the patch.

Actually, never noticed the vibration in the joypad. Must remember to check next time I play.

• Advertisement

Being playing this all weekend, really starting to get the hand of it now althought my ground game needs a lot of work. Wasnt sure at first but really enjoy the game now, a lot more technical than previous games and think it can be very realistic. Playing online is really frustrating, I have found a good few games alright which were enjoyable and my opponent clearly just wants a good realistic fight, but even more so i have found opponents who just start the fight and throw leg kicks for the whole thing, surely they are not getting any enjoyment out of playing like that? When that happens I just grab them in a MT clinch and knee them over and over, taste of their own medicine haha

Advertisement