Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disabled gamer banned for faking disability.....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,961 ✭✭✭✭Penn

gamercfc wrote: »

Well his excuse smells of bullsh*t anyway. He says he got up but fell down. A minute later, he somehow adjusts his webcam even though there's clearly no sound of him falling down, struggling to get up, saying anything or talking to someone else in the room.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Looks a bit dodgy alright, the webcam redirection at the end looking particularly 'guilty'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,521 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Come on Mr. Conspiracy Theories mod, put a bit of effort into it.

I'd say there is a harness that was digitally removed in real time, just to make it look like a miracle.

Nah, who am I kidding? He's a moron. :)

(Edit: I meant Hamilton, not Penn!!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Mr E wrote: »
    Come on Mr. Mysteries of the Unexplained mod, put a bit of effort into it.

Ah feck it... there's multiple light sources, the shadows don't line up properly, the crosshairs of the image are overwritten & I've seen this set before somewhere. Yep, definitely fake :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I can't get onto the site where I am, but from the first two posts all I can think of is Father Ted: "Would you believe it, I'm after falling down the stairs!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,961 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Mr E wrote: »
    Come on Mr. Conspiracy Theories mod, put a bit of effort into it.

I'd say there is a harness that was digitally removed in real time, just to make it look like a miracle.

Nah, who am I kidding? He's a moron. :)

(Edit: I meant Hamilton, not Penn!!)

Yeah, I'd actually side with the "moron" theory on this one :D

(Edit: Both Him and Me)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

This happened awhile back and he has definitely been caught out. The worst part is he has accepted thousands in donations under the pretense the money was helping his cause. His girlfriend was also in on it it seems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

He gets up from the chair and walks away :p say he was faking really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Old news at this stage, but he was clearly taking people for a ride.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

He apparently needed five grand for a push wheelchair at one stage FRAUD ALERT

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,917 ✭✭✭nix

Whats the big deal about him being a crippled gamer? Who cares if he is crippled or not? If i was crippled all i would do is game, why would he fake it?

Whats going on?!?! AAAAHHHH *head explodes*

• Registered Users Posts: 4,917 ✭✭✭nix

Ah donations, i see, cant believe he managed to get that much money, people really need to donate their money elsewhere tbh

Sorry i would have edited previous post but im in work and i dont know how or why but its makes boards look like a notepad and alot of buttons/images are missing.. My web browser is disabled... if you will..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

If people are gullible enough to give their money away on sites like this then up their holes I say.

F*ckin idiots jumping on some bandwagon to make themselves feel great.

If you wanna do some real good, get out into the world beyond the internet and volunteer or sh*t like that

If people are gullible enough to give their money away on sites like this then up their holes I say.

F*ckin idiots jumping on some bandwagon to make themselves feel great.

If you wanna do some real good, get out into the world beyond the internet and volunteer or sh*t like that

Well sorry, I would donate to person directly, then donate to some stupid useless organisation, which will use 95% of those money on their on salaries and "running the office expense".

Nothing wrong to donate money to disabled person, like this. It just ment that there are people out there who just care and support fellow gamer, who is not so lucky as most of us. There is a problem, when person is faking it and made it a scam.

Volunteering? Yup, we all got time for that. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Pixelbastardo

Yeah, like someone else said, afew weeks old atleast, and the guy scammed grands worth of cash, its a fake beard too,lol...
    Last week i was reading through the twitch.tv comments logs for the stream where he get caught. his girlfriend doesnt know what to do when he gets up and starts walking, and just starts talking gibberish. Most poeple in the chat are like, wtf he just walked!, but some others defending him and that, for afew mins anyway, until the chat goes silent and his girlfriend is like, someone talk, plz!, but no one does =]
    the whole transcript logs are on the net, even the conversation of his girlfriend trying to defend him to the twitch.tv head honcho ..

Well sorry, I would donate to person directly, then donate to some stupid useless organisation, which will use 95% of those money on their on salaries and "running the office expense".

Nothing wrong to donate money to disabled person, like this. It just ment that there are people out there who just care and support fellow gamer, who is not so lucky as most of us. There is a problem, when person is faking it and made it a scam.

Volunteering? Yup, we all got time for that. :rolleyes:

No need to apologise. Also there's no need for the "rolleyes" with regards to volunteering.

95% whoa that's a fair chunk. I'm guessing that is an estimate though.
    I did hear/read something about Concern taking a huge % of donations for themselves. Could be wrong though.

So to make sure I getting this right, You would have no problem giving money to a complete stranger you've only seen on a web video? Just because ye share a interest in games? Jesus pal, keep your money for yourself or donate it to a local charity or something. Not some random stranger with sob story.

Giving money to these things reeks of naivety.

I would like to apologise for telling you what to do with your money. Not my intention.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭pH

I have no idea what this guy did wrong - there seem to be a new generation of extremely gullible dullards willing to *pay* money to watch other people play games on the internet.

I have no idea why anyone would do anything so stupid, but as long as this guy didn't register as an actual charity then if you sent someone on the internet money to watch their stream you got what you paid for - if you sent someone money *because* he was in a wheelchair then you're an idiot.

Someone on the internet pretending to be something they're not SHOCKER!

Athene's "performance" is "asshole gamer", this guys was "wheelchair gamer", god knows what would happen if people discover that TotalBiscuit isn't the conceited idiot he comes across as in his videos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

nix wrote: »
    Whats the big deal about him being a crippled gamer? Who cares if he is crippled or not? If i was crippled all i would do is game, why would he fake it?

Whats going on?!?! AAAAHHHH *head explodes*

Because people symapised with him, and gave over $20,000 to help him buy a wheelchair and get all this therapy ... that he clearly doesn't need.

Our daughter has Cerebral palsy, we raised over €50k to take her to the States for major surgery to help her to walk ... we used every cent for that purpose, she still cannot walk un-aided, but she's come on leaps and bounds in 2 years, and every single person who donated to her cause knows she deserved it.

This guy sickens my stomach, conning people like that. He should be jailed iMHO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

he should be permanently put in a wheelchair for pulling a stunt like this
    not fair on people who actually need it

No need to apologise. Also there's no need for the "rolleyes" with regards to volunteering.

95% whoa that's a fair chunk. I'm guessing that is an estimate though.
    I did hear/read something about Concern taking a huge % of donations for themselves. Could be wrong though.

So to make sure I getting this right, You would have no problem giving money to a complete stranger you've only seen on a web video? Just because ye share a interest in games? Jesus pal, keep your money for yourself or donate it to a local charity or something. Not some random stranger with sob story.

Giving money to these things reeks of naivety.

I would like to apologise for telling you what to do with your money. Not my intention.

There are Scammers like him who just fool people for easy money. Its not just on internet, it happens everywhere, i know shocking. Though just, because one asshole does this, there are lots of people who really do need help.
    Then again, WHO THE FECK ARE YOU to tell people what to do with their money? Some people spend it on drugs, in pubs getting **** faced, video games, cloths, movies etc. Some spend it on donation to people who need help.
    I would donate money directly to person who in need, then giving it to some Charity, which will spend most of that money on them selfs. Saying that, before donating I would do my homework and find out if the person is really a scammer or a person in need. In this situation I never donated to him and I would not donate to him due to lack of information. Though picking on people who wanted to give a hand a person in need is freaking idiotic.

P.S. I would not donate money to anyone on twitch TV, just because they play games... I would pay, if they do something Really interesting with games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,178 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    he should be permanently put in a wheelchair for pulling a stunt like this
    not fair on people who actually need it

Maybe going a bit far there

VinLieger wrote: »
    Maybe going a bit far there

no its not
    unless you know someone who has gone through the pain and emotional scars of being put in a wheelchair for the rest of their life
    he'd be lucky if thats all he got

Then again, WHO THE FECK ARE YOU to tell people what to do with their money?

Calm down princess, I already said it wasn't my intention to tell people what to do with there money. I was merely point out how idiotic people are with their own money. A fool and his/her money.....................

I would pay, if they do something Really interesting with games.

Really? Like what?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,178 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    no its not
    unless you know someone who has gone through the pain and emotional scars of being put in a wheelchair for the rest of their life
    he'd be lucky if thats all he got

Calm down, look he lied got caught and has been pretty well named and shamed that anyone googling him is gonna find what he did, id be up for criminal prosecution if he has broken a law but wishing physical harm is just revenge

Calm down, look he lied got caught and has been pretty well named and shamed that anyone googling him is gonna find what he did, id be up for criminal prosecution if he has broken a law but wishing physical harm is just revenge

everyone has their opinion on how to deal with things
    which is why their are laws
    thank f*ck im not a judge :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

I would assume fraud comes into it. Might be getting a visit from the local authoritative force.

Also, wishing harm on someone just because of this is low. Even if you do know someone or personally know the pain going through something like this entails.

I would assume someone in that situation would never want someone to go through that.

He got caught. He is disgraced. He can live with his ill gotten money unless ofcourse he is charged with fraud or any other law eh may have broken.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Really? Like what?

Well I've donated to a streamer that travels to most of the big fighting game tournaments in America and streams them.

And I don't see anything wrong with donating on twitch or any streaming site if you enjoy the content that is being provided. Certainly I'd rather give money to a streamer then pay for Sky or the TV license (if only).

As an aside, from what I read I don't think this guy ever directly asked for money because he was disabled. He asked for money to keep the stream. Obviously he was using the disabled thing to play on sympathies but just a little devil's advocate.

Calm down princess, I already said it wasn't my intention to tell people what to do with there money. I was merely point out how idiotic people are with their own money. A fool and his/her money.....................

Really? Like what?

That is quite lovely of you to let people do what ever they want with their own money! I knew there is some good in you!

As for donating for something interesting? Well lets say I would donate to a Very good SC2 player, who would show some games and then do a proper examination of reply, where he would explain and teach others on what happened, why happened and how it should be prevented or better handled.
    Just because it is gaming, does not mean good streamers getting money for just playing games. A lot of proper youtubers who do gaming Videos spend a lot of time doing good content for their viewers. I generally dont like "Lets plays", as most of them as pure **** and just some people who want to make some money on most easiest **** with no effort. There are exceptions like Game Grumps and this guy, unfortunately he did not do much of lets plays after a fantastic "Trespasser".

I presume thats why I just prefer Youtube to Twitch.

That is quite lovely of you to let people do what ever they want with their own money! I knew there is some good in you!

Are you just out to be condescending today?

• Advertisement

Are you just out to be condescending today?

Not at all, Buttercup.

Advertisement