Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone 5 Element Cases

• 29-04-2013 11:05am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

Does anyone know of an Irish or European stockist of the Element cases? (http://www.elementcase.com/) I'd order from them directly but the $30 FedEx shipping is a tad excessive especially if I could support somewhere closer to home.

Failing that, anyone have a similar recommendation? Not interested in OtterBox.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

Have you tried eBay? I got one for my 4s on it last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

Duff wrote: »
    Have you tried eBay? I got one for my 4s on it last year.

Paranoid about clones as they are a very nice case. The official eBay page is the same price. If if I have to I'll buy from them, just wouldn't be ideal as $30 is alot for shipping a small item.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

Best steer well clear of them in my opinion.

Reception wasn't as good with the case on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,531 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Why would anybody consider spending $180 for a phone case, seriously?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

murpho999 wrote: »
    Why would anybody consider spending $180 for a phone case, seriously?

I appreciate the craftsmanship and design of it but the iON5 is $49. I wouldn't even dream of the higher end models, a tad on the ridiculous side.

I ordered a LifeProof (http://www.lifeproof.com/) case instead this morning. Granted it was a little more expensive but the reviews seem pretty positive. Got the GPS holder as well. Replacing a iPhone 4 Trident Exoskeleton case that I got in the US last year (Great pieces of kit)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Mister Gooey

Have three Element Cases all bought on-line through Amazon. The cases can take a knock or two but so do all other cases. Two of mine eventually broke, at the area where the screws connect the two parts of the case. The other case suffocated the reception. I would not get these cases again. They are not worth it. Just insure the phone or get a cheap case!

Advertisement