Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Macklemore and Ryan Lewis - O2 - 15th Sept

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭LaVail

danniemcq wrote: »
    nah i signed up especially for this last night. Oh well Friday it is i guess

Sold out like hot cakes it looks like...

As you say...Friday hopefully.

Didn't think it would sell out as fast as it did

• Registered Users Posts: 3,509 ✭✭✭recyclebin

Are there no standing tickets left? Tried at 9:04 and nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭LaVail

recyclebin wrote: »
    Are there no standing tickets left? Tried at 9:04 and nothing.

Same here...all gone I'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

That was crazy quick, all internet computers here at work were being used by people to buy them this morning, thankfully i was one of them

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭heresjohnnie

I had two browsers on the go since 8:59 and still didnt manage to get them! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,509 ✭✭✭recyclebin

only single seating tickets left now :(

I had two browsers on the go since 8:59 and still didnt manage to get them! :(

that sucks, tell you what on the off chance I can't make the gig be it for whatever reason i'll send you a PM before i put them on Toutless, don't hold your breath though!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 khlebnikov

So i managed to get 1 ticket this morning for macklemore. I dont normally go to concerts, never been to the o2 and never used ticketmaster, so i was a bit out of my depth trying to get a ticket but managed to secure one of my phone. I clicked on the best available option. i got a ticket in Section GA1, Row G2 Seat XXX. So i can only assume this is a standing ticket. Is the standing section divided (Im G2, is there a G1?). Also you know at concerts there's that semi circle right in front of the stage (gold circle or mosh pit), if i queue early in the day will i get into that section or is that for specific ticket holders? Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Niamh_101

khlebnikov wrote: »
    So i managed to get 1 ticket this morning for macklemore. I dont normally go to concerts, never been to the o2 and never used ticketmaster, so i was a bit out of my depth trying to get a ticket but managed to secure one of my phone. I clicked on the best available option. i got a ticket in Section GA1, Row G2 Seat XXX. So i can only assume this is a standing ticket. Is the standing section divided (Im G2, is there a G1?). Also you know at concerts there's that semi circle right in front of the stage (gold circle or mosh pit), if i queue early in the day will i get into that section or is that for specific ticket holders? Any ideas?

Yeah I'm guessing G2 is the gate entrance that you go into. They probably will hand out passes if you queue early, don't think there is early entry tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

Niamh_101 wrote: »
    Yeah I'm guessing G2 is the gate entrance that you go into. They probably will hand out passes if you queue early, don't think there is early entry tickets.

There are no pits in the o2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Niamh_101 wrote: »

Each standing ticket is given a seat number too, it helps control numbers sold sold or something. The entrance will be on the ticket, it'll be 1 or 3 for standing. There may be a pit, its fairly uncommon though.

Mushy wrote: »
    Each standing ticket is given a seat number too, it helps control numbers sold sold or something. The entrance will be on the ticket, it'll be 1 or 3 for standing. There may be a pit, its fairly uncommon though.

Got to agree with eyesclosed o2 isn't big enough for a pit area.

Never seen or heard of one there before

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭ENMcD

Managed to get standing tickets for the Saturday night. Never been to the O2 for a concert so few questions:) Staying at the Maldron hotel, is it long walk to get to the O2? And how early should we be there to queue to get as close to the stage as possible? We're in section GA1 if makes any difference :P

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Got to agree with eyesclosed o2 isn't big enough for a pit area.

Never seen or heard of one there before

First time Muse played it, Green Day too and few others. Its less common now though!

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Shreddy Krueger

The 02 stopped doing pits after the Rage Against The Machine gig in 2010. It just doesn't work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Does anyone have any idea of how many people the standing area in the o2 can take then?
    Just curious as to how quickly those tickets sold! Managed to get standing tickets for it, barely!

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭barry194

SV wrote: »
    Does anyone have any idea of how many people the standing area in the o2 can take then?
    Just curious as to how quickly those tickets sold! Managed to get standing tickets for it, barely!

The O2 holds 12,000 or so doesn't it? So I'd imagine it holds about 4,000.

Didn't find the O2 a good arena when I was there for Red Hot Chili Peppers. I only go standing in concerts but in the O2 it was just too warm and there was no room to go moshing etc. It was ridiculously squashed so can it will be probably worse at Macklemore. The Olympia is far better in my opinion.

Might get a ticket for the 14th over the summer as I'm sure there'll be many sales as there always is on donedeal etc.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

barry194 wrote: »
    The O2 holds 12,000 or so doesn't it? So I'd imagine it holds about 4,000.

Didn't find the O2 a good arena when I was there for Red Hot Chili Peppers. I only go standing in concerts but in the O2 it was just too warm and there was no room to go moshing etc. It was ridiculously squashed so can it will be probably worse at Macklemore. The Olympia is far better in my opinion.

Might get a ticket for the 14th over the summer as I'm sure there'll be many sales as there always is on donedeal etc.

No room at the 02????? I thinks its a great venue for space since it doesnt matter where you are you can still see . I do like the Olympia but if you are near the back or even half way back your view is cut off by nearly half . Sure arent most sold out gigs gonna be squashed?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

hmmmmmm this is turning into a very expensive 2 weeks of gigs

• Advertisement

God dammit, the second I get some money together something like this comes along and I'm just forced to spend it.

Well, safe to say the 14th of September is gonna be a good day for me :D
    Will be trying VERY hard to get tickets for this one, I predict they'll sell out in a minute though.

Hope everyone got sorted this morning, its by far the most twitchy i have been buying tickets constantly hitting f5!

Hope everyone got sorted this morning, its by far the most twitchy i have been buying tickets constantly hitting f5!

I got sorted but as far as I can tell there is still tickets available?
    Was definitely expecting it to sell out in seconds but I'm guessing people aren't that interested in just an aftershow party! Or aren't aware of it?

Anyway, can easily say that the 14th of September is gonna end up being probably one of the best nights of the year!

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭barry194

Who's playing at the After Party? It's hardly Macklemore :P

barry194 wrote: »
    Who's playing at the After Party? It's hardly Macklemore :P

http://www.echoplace.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/Macklemore-+-Ryan-Lewis-Echoplace-Aftershow-333x407.jpg
    Those DJs from what I can make out but sure ya never know what might happen! definitely beats the alternative of just going out after the gig (which is what I was gonna do anyway)

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Oleg Luzhny

Macklemore & Ryan Lewis will definitely be at it. It says "Macklemore & Ryan Lewis & Very Special Guests". And then it mentions a few DJs that will also be there. Chance The Rapper will probably be one of those special guests seeing as he's supporting them at the O2. They wouldn't be charging that much money if Macklemore & Ryan Lewis weren't going to be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 xEurophia

Hello. I'm looking for one single standing ticket for the 15th. If anyone is selling one or knows anyone selling one please message me!

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭RabbitHearted

There appears to still be standing tickets available on ticketmaster as far as I can see? :) also my friend(I know that sounds a bit dodgy but it is genuine, she just doesn't have a boards acc.) is pretty desperate to get rid of 1 seated ticket for the Saturday. If anyone's interested PM me and I'll pass on the info :)

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭DC10555

SV wrote: »

Pulled from wiki:
    The arena has a capacity of over 14,500 (standing) or 9,500 (seated). Retractable seating may be withdrawn to create space for 8,000 standing in front of the stage, with the remainder seated.
    So I guess it's 8,000 standing tickets, I always thought there was more.

The 02 stopped doing pits after the Rage Against The Machine gig in 2010. It just doesn't work.

It may not work but a small pit at the front would be nice, just so you dont have to deal with the usual scum arriving in right before the headliner claiming "My friend/brother/mother/uncle/personal Jesus is up there let me through!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Prodgey

Selling a seated ticket for Saturday, Block P, €30. Over 120 feedback on adverts. Hard copy. Pleas PM if interested.

Advertisement