Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Macklemore and Ryan Lewis - O2 - 15th Sept

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

DC10555 wrote: »

"Originally Posted by Shreddy Krueger
    The 02 stopped doing pits after the Rage Against The Machine gig in 2010. It just doesn't work."

It may not work but a small pit at the front would be nice, just so you dont have to deal with the usual scum arriving in right before the headliner claiming "My friend/brother/mother/uncle/personal Jesus is up there let me through!"

I don't remember there being a pit area at the RATM gig or any gig I've been to at The O2. I think it's a great idea that there isn't one. The stage is too wide and the whole two tiered standing area kinda ruins the concert experience. Yes, people who push their way to the front at the last minute are assholes but there's always going to be a bit of pushing whether there's a pit of not.

When I went to the Point for the first time to see Pearl Jam back in 2000, I didn't know about the whole pit thing. I went to their two Wembley shows the week before and the whole standing area was wide open. I showed up at The Point as the opening act was finishing and couldn't believe that I was shut out from pretty much the front half of the venue. A few security guards were giving out the odd wristband but there was a mad crunch of people every time they gave out a few and I decided it wasn't worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Prodgey

JJ wrote: »
    When I went to the Point for the first time to see Pearl Jam back in 2000, I didn't know about the whole pit thing. I went to their two Wembley shows the week before and the whole standing area was wide open. I showed up at The Point as the opening act was finishing and couldn't believe that I was shut out from pretty much the front half of the venue. A few security guards were giving out the odd wristband but there was a mad crunch of people every time they gave out a few and I decided it wasn't worth it.

On the flip side, I queued for a few hours for Kanye and Jay Z in the O2, got right up the front, waited another hour or two there. Then the minute it got dark and they started there were digs flying everywhere and scumbags coming through taking over the front.

Sunday standing tickets sold out over night :( Looking for two if anyone has a pair going.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Prodgey wrote: »
    On the flip side, I queued for a few hours for Kanye and Jay Z in the O2, got right up the front, waited another hour or two there. Then the minute it got dark and they started there were digs flying everywhere and scumbags coming through taking over the front.

Really? ****ing scumbags, where was the security?

My longest queue was for Oasis at the point years ago, got the 7 o clock train, straight down to the venue, was number 8 in the queue and we stayed there all day, they opened the gates at 6.30, opened the door at 7 and then we ran full pelt to the front barrier and held on for dear life

Funny though, the waiting all day was so long and boring and all that, but as soon as the gig starts its all completely forgotten about!

No way in hell I would let someone in front of me either, I think Id rather be hauled out on point of principal the more I think of it, scumbags!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,391 ✭✭✭Scar Tissue

On that point, what time would people recommend starting to queue to be up the front (or near the front) of the standing section?

• Advertisement

On that point, what time would people recommend starting to queue to be up the front (or near the front) of the standing section?

Doesn't matter, just wait till its gets dark and start throwing punches ;)

You be fine making your way to the front when the support is coming on

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

who is the support?

Can't google to much at work :(

Chance the rapper, who I also love.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Betty-ireland

Still tickets available for this on ticketmaster

Still tickets available for this on ticketmaster

Not for sunday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Im going on sunday. What time will it be over?

Im going on sunday. What time will it be over?

after at least 10000 hours....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

danniemcq wrote: »
    after at least 10000 hours....

Welcome to the heist.....

AGHHHH so excited

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

Would I be right in thinking that tomorrow will be Macklemore's first headline arena show? I know he's playing them in the winter in the US but beforehand he wasn't and on other legs of the European tour they have been the smaller venues I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭statto25

Anyone with any idea of the stage times tonight. I'm on the way but running very late!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭CWF

Enjoyed the show. Loved his interaction with the crowd. Won't spoil it for you guys going tomorrow, you won't be disappointed!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

CWF wrote: »
    Enjoyed the show. Loved his interaction with the crowd. Won't spoil it for you guys going tomorrow, you won't be disappointed!!

what time was it over?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

CWF wrote: »

Did he do Otherside?

Keno wrote: »
    Did he do Otherside?

I wasn't there, but if I was to bet on it Id say yes :)

kryogen wrote: »
    I wasn't there, but if I was to bet on it Id say yes :)

Looks like he didn't :(
    Setlist
    10,000 Hours
    Crew Cuts
    Life Is Cinema
    Thrift Shop
    Starting Over
    Same Love
    Can’t Hold Us
    White Walls
    Wing$

Encore:
    And We Danced
    Irish Celebration
    Can’t Hold Us

• Advertisement

Keno wrote: »
    Looks like he didn't :(

Looks like a short set, what was the run time?

Is that definitely the set? Seems strange that he wouldn't perform that to me tbh, I know Thrift Shop is where it kind of blew up but Otherside was a pivotal song for him

kryogen wrote: »
    Looks like a short set, what was the run time?

Is that definitely the set? Seems strange that he wouldn't perform that to me tbh, I know Thrift Shop is where it kind of blew up but Otherside was a pivotal song for him

http://www.goldenplec.com/macklemore-o2-dublin-review/

Yeah I know. Gutted he won't do it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Over from the US for the football final next week and got a nice surprise of a free ticket to this last night.

Some change in crowd since I last seen him over here in twisted pepper and tower records. Majority kids last night that knew the lyrics to his popular singles. Disappointed there wasn't a bigger reaction from the crowd on that front. Crew cuts, life is cinema, and we danced etc were almost silent in terms of crowd familiarity. Still a good loud atmosphere though.

Didn't play otherside. I've seen him a good few times now and he has done it each time. Was a little pissed at that. Still a brilliant show from a brilliant performer. A bit too much talking at times to pad it out though.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Stooped

I'm seeing him tonight, can't wait.

I'm seated but I really think I deserve standing. There are going to be people standing there who only came for Thrift Shop and Can't Hold Us.

EDIT: Also, was Chance the Rapper supporting? And what time did he start at?

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Betty-ireland

Stooped wrote: »
    I'm seeing him tonight, can't wait.

I'm seated but I really think I deserve standing. There are going to be people standing there who only came for Thrift Shop and Can't Hold Us.

EDIT: Also, was Chance the Rapper supporting? And what time did he start at?
    Would you ever get down off yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,391 ✭✭✭Scar Tissue

Going tonight, really hope he plays Otherside, it was on his setlist for the other shows in the tour in the US!

My little sister's friend is going my mum said, it hurt me a little inside to hear that when my friend couldn't get tickets :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭shalalala

What time did he come on at?

I'm as excited for Chance the Rapper as I am Macklemore.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

Anyone got a general outline of the times?

• Advertisement

Doors at half 6, chance about an hour later and macklemore/Ryan Lewis i think kicked off around 9

Advertisement