Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Macklemore and Ryan Lewis - O2 - 15th Sept

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

empacher wrote: »
    Anyone got a general outline of the times?

I think Chance came on around 8 last night and Macklemore around 9.10

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Stooped

One word to describe the concert: unbelievable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭haro124

Highlight was and we danced !

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

couple of pics from last night

http://imgur.com/a/W2Tn6

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,391 ✭✭✭Scar Tissue

Still enjoyed the night so much despite the rampant scumbags at the front, *****.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭SparkySpitfire

Tonight was amazing. Macklemore and Ryan Lewis were outstanding, I loved the set up and the show it was AWESOME, so happy I went. :D

BUT. Next time I am definitely sitting, the amount of drunk 14 year olds was APPALLING. I thought it said under 16s must be accompanied by adults and that drunk people would be denied entry? Apparently the O2 are all talk and no action on this count.

We stood at the back but we could still see the stage and I would come see them again in a heart beat.

But the crowd there tonight really made me hate humanity.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

They were class. Really enjoyed the night. Macklemore has great stage presence and crowd interaction. Loved how they had the lads who worked on Thrift Shop and Can't hold us.

I wished he'd of played more off The Heist and Otherside.

I felt fecking old though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

I was there with the missus. Felt old as ****. Good showman. Played the same song twice though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭SparkySpitfire

I was there with the missus. Felt old as ****. Good showman. Played the same song twice though.

I'm 21 and I felt old... really thought there'd be more older people there :eek:

Yeah he did it cos it's a crowd pleaser and great to dance to! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

That was an enjoyable gig! :D He puts plenty of energy into his performance and seemed genuinely happy to be there.

He certainly is a man for the chats, isn't he?? :)

I wasn't fully sure what to expect, but in the end - I got to feel really old and really overdressed for the occassion - jeans and a t-shirt; what was I thinking?? :p:pac:

Anyone else see FAR too much twerking?? >.<

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Hi folks,im not a fan as such.
    I find myself singing along to a couple of his tunes but while i was at the flightfest yesterday i was drawn to some excitement and screaming teenagers and this was the cause.
    Fair play to him, i doubt many pop stars would bother.
    My 10 year old was delighted with himself and enjoyed it more than the flightfest lol.
    We stayed for 20 mins so i reckon he was there for 30+ minutes, fair play to him.
    watch in 1080 HD :)

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭princess3901

I was at the gig last night. Best concert I've ever been to. He was amazing. There was a lot of kiddies but I didn't give a toss about that. His tune "and we danced" was class. Thought irish celebration was great also. His stage presence was amazing, loved his interaction with the audience. Oh and the irish cheetah, there are no words ;)

Did he do Otherside on the Sunday?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,391 ✭✭✭Scar Tissue

danniemcq wrote: »
    Did he do Otherside on the Sunday?

No sadly :(

No sadly :(

odd that he played it in all the other gigs, oh well next time!

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭scoopmine

I thought Saturday was good not great. He played an unbelievable hour and 15 but it still felt short. I think I had it build up in my head to much due too the gig he played in the Academy last November. There was an unbelievable amount of drunken teenagers making me feel old!

scoopmine wrote: »
    I thought Saturday was good not great. He played an unbelievable hour and 15 but it still felt short. I think I had it build up in my head to much due too the gig he played in the Academy last November. There was an unbelievable amount of drunken teenagers making me feel old!

and there I was getting ID'd at 28

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭scoopmine

Girlfriend got ID'd twice going up to get a drink in the same queue...! Still was great to see him.

Was anyone else just not really a fan of Chance? It was really frustrating when he got the crowd hyped up and moving then he just blew that fog horn thing and ruined the atmosphere.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Dcully wrote: »
    Hi folks,im not a fan as such.
    I find myself singing along to a couple of his tunes but while i was at the flightfest yesterday i was drawn to some excitement and screaming teenagers and this was the cause.
    Fair play to him, i doubt many pop stars would bother.
    My 10 year old was delighted with himself and enjoyed it more than the flightfest lol.
    We stayed for 20 mins so i reckon he was there for 30+ minutes, fair play to him.
    watch in 1080 HD :)

The guy in your vid is black, i'm pretty sure macklemore is white

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

scudzilla wrote: »
    The guy in your vid is black, i'm pretty sure macklemore is white

that's the guy from the thrift shop video I'm 95% sure! yknow.."I wear your grandads clothes..I look incredible" etc

anyway, brilliant gig and the after party was even better..apart from the 2 hour wait for him

For anyone interested the European documentary is up and Dublin's shown.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zbIZWHefEM

Advertisement