Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

gone out to oz on whv

Options
  • 29-04-2013 11:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭

Hi

( Title should read 3 month holidayvisa )
    Just wondering what the rules of this scenario are
    An old work collegue went to oz on a 3 month whv with her 3 yr old however her fiance (my brother ) who is the father of child has been working there sponsored for over a year

What is the story now with her suitation
    She is not working and has no intention to

My brother is supporting them
    When a company sponsors a person surely they do not sponsor the whole family too ?

If she got in trouble like speeding in the car or something the cops could check her visa status send see that her holiday visa long expired

Just curious to know if this is the case the whole of oz would be full of illegal s

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

did she come over on a WHV or a holiday? as you are not allowed to come on a WHV with a child.
    if she has over stayed, then she could be refused a visa certainly.

Yes he can sponsor the family - Not sure why he didn't do that in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭monflat

hussey wrote: »
    did she come over on a WHV or a holiday? as you are not allowed to come on a WHV with a child.
    if she has over stayed, then she could be refused a visa certainly.

Yes he can sponsor the family - Not sure why he didn't do that in the first place.

Oh sorry I have been reading other threads getting confused
    A 3 month visa she went over on
    Thanks for that

• Registered Users Posts: 39,339 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

monflat wrote: »
    My brother is supporting them
    When a company sponsors a person surely they do not sponsor the whole family too ?

It's pretty easy to include the the mother and child on the sponsorship application. If it wasn't done while she held a valid visa its probably too late.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

The sponsor has to give permission that dependents can be added, many don't because it can double/triple their obligation costs.

Advertisement