Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GZ125 Speedometer Problem

Options
  • 29-04-2013 11:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭

Hey,

So I've been having some problems with my speedo since yesterday morning. Basically the thing wont work. It wont register the speed the bike is traveling at nor will it clock up the relevant miles on the clocks. When I first bought the bike back in December 2012, I had to replace the clutch,accelorator and speedo cable.

But now it seems only a month after replacing it (Yeh it really took me that long to replace it ;P) Its after going again. The cable was brand new so I'm not sure what could've happened too it.

I didnt grease or lube any of the cables upon fitting them as I assumed this was already done in factory. My dad rekons there couldve been a kink in the cable and after time, its tore but Im not. Would anybody have any suggestions/ideas before I go out and buy another replacement ?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

I assume it's driven off the front wheel?

Put the bike up on the center stand and disconnect the cable from the clocks, then rotate the front wheel and see if the cable is turning too. That should tell you which end of the cable the problem is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Ayrtonf7

Cheers KamiKazi,

Dont have a centre stand but ill find some way to raise the front wheel. Will let you guys know.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Ayrtonf7 wrote: »
    Cheers KamiKazi,

Dont have a centre stand but ill find some way to raise the front wheel. Will let you guys know.

Put it on the sidestand and use a car jack to jack up the frame underneath the engine (it's a naked bike yea?)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Ayrtonf7

KamiKazi wrote: »
    Put it on the sidestand and use a car jack to jack up the frame underneath the engine (it's a naked bike yea?)

marauder.jpg

Thats it there so ill give that a go.

Advertisement