Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Partitioning my HDD for Fraps.

Options
  • 29-04-2013 11:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,621 ✭✭✭

I have my main Internal HDD and I have 2 External HDDs. One is nearly full and one is freshly formatted. Is it more beneficial to use the internal than an external HDD, or would it make much of a difference? I want to partition a few GB just for recording, so that it doesn't conflict with anything else.

Is there anything I should know?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭bokkenspiel

There is a difference in performance by recording on a different HDD, i'm not sure about partitions. But if you were making a partition i recommend a fairly biggish one as a 5 minute recording for me is almost 4GB at 1920x1080. So if you record for an hour its about 48GB

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Fresh2000

I was fan of fraps because of quality but I found Bandicam not long time ago and I think it is great solution here as files are compressed and they do not take that much HDD space. So this might be actually better solution for you. Check it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭gazzamc

Fraps is by far the best software i've used (and i've tried a few)... others suffered from sync issues when editing and what not... it's recommend you record to a separate HDD (The bigger the better) than the game... otherwise you will lose a few frames and it suffer from lags... I recommend locking the FPS (Frames Per Second) to 30 in fraps (it saves you a lot of space)... plus recording 60 FPS is a waste as youtube only goes as high 30 FPS.

To answer your question directly... no there is no difference weather you record to an internal or external HDD... But if the game in on your C Drive your better off recording to the external... I currently have my 2TB Drive partitioned and use one of the partitions just for recording... Just make sure you give yourself enough space... 500GB - 1TB is plenty for a couple hours of recording @ 30fps...

Advertisement