Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Faulty Hoover

Options
  • 29-04-2013 11:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hi all, i would appreciate your opinion on the below, i will try keep it short.
    2 weeks ago i bought a morphy richards hoover from a large Irish Supermarket chain. Initially i noticed that the extending pipe didn't fit flush into the various hoover heads, but continued using it on that occasion. Then whilst using it the next weekend, the pipe cracked and a section chipped off. This happened due to the fact that the fitting was not flush causing pressure on the pipe. I returned the hoover to the store manager with receipt. He informed me that he could not replace the item because there was not a technical fault with the product, and that the broken pipe was caused due to wear to tear which is not covered in the warranty. I explained the fault in the fitting of the various pipes but he insisted he could do nothing, only inform the morphy richard rep of the fault, and he held onto the hoover to show the rep.
    I know i should have returned the hoover when i first noticed the fault, i dont need to be told that, but what i do want to know is do i have a leg to stand on?
    Thanks for taking time to read this...:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

2 weeks is not wear and tear. the "Vacuum Cleaner" is not of merchantable quality and not fit for purpose. Try talk to the manager one more time. Insist that you will be reporting the issue to the National Consumer Agency and may initiate a Small Claims procedure to remedy the situation.

If the manager still insists on not resolving your issue with the Morphy Richards "Vacuum Cleaner", then proceed with NCA and then maybe SCC. NCA are a dream to deal with. Phone them rather than email them.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 wasnotwas

Thanks RangeR for your input, I will take it on board and report back with the outcome.

Advertisement