Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is my Wii possessed?

• 29-04-2013 12:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭

I bought a brand new Wii Fit about 18 months ago and all was fine. Nobody but myself and Mr Pumpkinseeds has ever used it. Now I haven't used it for a couple of months so Mr Pumpkinseeds decided to start using it last Friday. That was probably only the 2nd or 3rd time he's used it since we've had it. On Saturday he came down to tell me that he'd had 2 freaky messages on the Wii. The first message was something like this:

Hi (X), I've noticed that (Y) isn't sleeping very well

The 2nd message was something like:
    Hi (X), I would urge you to make sure that (Y) gets enough sleep.

Now I've never had any messages from it and find it very creepy. The thing is I haven't been sleeping very well for a while and I've been very stressed, kind of a little like a female version of Jack Nicholson's 'Here's Johnny' from The Shining. Now my question is this, is this just some random pre-programmed message or is the thing possessed?

I'm too tired to go on an axe wielding killing spree:D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Please stick to the prescribed dosage of your medication, OP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

Sounds like it has bad Nintentions alright..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

thats wii'ly scary alright.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

Nah the Wii fit does that. If someone hasn't logged in lately it goes, "Oh... I see X hasn't been here in a while..."

Needy little shit, it is :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Hi (X), I've noticed that (Y) isn't sleeping very well

What sort of new age hippie maths equation is that? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    What sort of new age hippie maths equation is that? :confused:

Solve for PCP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

After I see eat asparagus my Wii smells terrible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

Yeah, the wii fit is a bit creepy. If you use it and someone else hasn't been on it in a while, it will ask where they are and to tell them to stop by. If the wii fit board could move it would stalk you.

Never got a sleep message from it though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 399 ✭✭IceFjoem

Jesus OP, just make sure to follow its instructions to a tee, especially those of violence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

My Wii Fit time bank takes off 30 minutes instead of adding it onto the total. System probably freaked out, was getting close to 1000 hours and I noticed the time going down.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

OP, it's obvious at this stage that your wii is trying to steel your other half..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭BillyMitchel

Slightly OT but does wii fit work?

Could do with a new lazy fitness plan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

I'll just leave this here-

wii_pic.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

MurdyWurdy wrote: »
    Yeah, the wii fit is a bit creepy. If you use it and someone else hasn't been on it in a while, it will ask where they are and to tell them to stop by. If the wii fit board could move it would stalk you.

Never got a sleep message from it though!
    Yeah, I've had the standard sarcastic messages from it about not having used it for a while but the sleep thing is just creepy. The message asked him to tell me that I need to get more sleep. Thats a bit too fricking specific and Stephen Kingish for my liking:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Burn it & save up for a PS4.

Advertisement