Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ground source heat pump suppliers

• 28-04-2013 2:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Looking for help re choice of supplier for Gshp.?any positive feed back re same?
    Cheers
    F

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,830 ✭✭✭air

There's a user called "Condenser" on here that you should PM regarding heat pump suppliers.
    A ground source heat pump will have better year round performance than an air source one.
    Get your heat pump supplier to look after the specification and install of the whole system - collectors, heat pump and underfloor system.
    This way you will have a single point of contact with regard to your heating system's performance. There are plenty of threads on here and elsewhere were people split the work and had suppliers engage in a blame game afterwards when there were peformance issues.

If you happen to be getting a well bored on the site and have a drill ring on site anyway you could consider a borehole based system. This will have a number of further advantages over slinkys in a trench - more stable year round temps, less ground dug up etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 207 ✭✭jimmyging

We put in geothermal heat pump with buffer tank for hot water 3 yrs ago . It's going ok so far cost wise . Insulation is key and initial outlay will take about 10 yrs to recoup . That said maintenance is expensive but thankfully so far has been ok . UFH is a lovely way to hear a house as its an even constant heat .
    Someone I know has ad terrible trouble with the same sort of system so it's still a little hit and miss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭fclauson

what maintenance is there ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,321 ✭✭✭✭muffler

A couple of posts above moved from another thread where they were taking the thread off topic a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 fairwind

Hi There
    Im still looking for recommendations re gshp supplier can you pm me details of yours?
    ps i know i keep getting bumbed but really u do need personal recommendations which is a least part of reason i look at the boards as many others i know do also...
    fairwind

• Advertisement

where are you located ?

west cork near sea
    f

so - are you getting a PHPP done - the heat demand for a correctly insulated building on crookhaven is considerably less than that in the centre of Ireland e.g. at Birr

actually Birr is 80% more than in Crookhaven

see http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=77293053&postcount=5

hi
    no phpp but good insulation and u values specced -A2 is the expected ber.
    cant remember offhand what total heat and dhw energy is but somewhere else in my posts calculated out about 8.5 kw hp required -about 290 sqm, ufh heating no rads.vertical needed.
    will also do demand extract ventilation ,rainwater harvesting.
    f

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 228 ✭✭blast06

You say you are getting a 1000l tank.
    Do you have a public swimming pool out the back with shower facilities ?!!!

• Advertisement

nope
    said nothing re 1000l tank that i can remember..
    f

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 228 ✭✭blast06

Sorry, its from the first post in the thread:

"• 1000L hot water tank"

Advertisement