Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One4all gift cards useless

Options
  • 29-04-2013 12:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

one4all have removed the option of turning the card into a virutal visa that could be used on any website in the world meaning if you want to use the card online now you can only choose from a handful of <SNIP> Irish shops. I wonder what lobby group made them make decide this ?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Maybe there wasn't enough demand for them to make it worthwhile, have you tried contacting them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

Its a gift card purchased by someone to be used in the list of shops specified in their directory. This has not changed.

Whilst I know some stores have opted out of it recently due to commission charge of up to 12.3% of the net sales value, it is still useable in many many stores.

It has NEVER advertised that it can be changed into a virtualvisa card, but i believe they did try that on a trial basis, but never advertised as an option.

btw - personally I dislike the company, but because of ridiculous commission charges and their attitude to retailers with a take it or leave it way of business.

Advertisement