Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tri An Mhi CXIII Middle Distance Triathlon - likely to happen?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

i just remembered i was a bit sick after doing the sprint of this in 2011. had cramps and sweats all night. presume it was from the water.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 enzeder

Loughrea is a Blue Flag too!!

You're right. my bad. I was going on old data.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,827 ✭✭✭griffin100

Yeah well thats my worry. The blue flag status made me think it wouldn't be as high a risk as say swimming in the Liffey. It's the facial wound I'm worried about as it's not possible to cover it.

Don't really fancy being sick for two weeks.

The problem is lepto is not tested for in water quality testing - its too expensive, takes ages and is difficult to culture and its not an indicator of water quality as such, just an indication that a rat peeed nearby recently :D

Smear some savalon cream or similar anti bacterial cream over the cut and you'll be fine I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭EC1000

tunney wrote: »
    Rumour mill has it at full length swim.

(Also has the water at 10 degrees......)

Rumour has it that this shall be the TO's decision on saturday :)

tunney wrote: »
    Hands up if we know of another OW swim recently that went ahead with water temperature below 13 degrees :)

Hey don't why people are complaining - gonna get the full distance race!

Not complaining. Just saying that as one of the TO's, I wont be basing any decision on the rumour mill, but rather on the circumstances on the day.

Edit- Just to be clear, I'm so far down the TO food chain it wont be my call!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

EC1000 wrote: »
    Rumour has it that this shall be the TO's decision on saturday :)

Heard one of the TO's is a right tool :pac:

BTH wrote: »
    Heard one of the TO's is a right tool :pac:

I hadn't heard they were sending someone from 3D!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 retiredhurler

Am I being a complete softie considering wearing overshoes on the bike?? Feet have been freezing after one or two lake swims I did in the last few weeks.
    Was watching a bit of the Giro last night and they had conditions similar to what is forecast tomorrow and nearly all of them had overshoes and most wore rainjackets for most of the stage! Obviously they don't have transitions, etc.
    I'll be on the bike for a bit over 3 hours I'd say.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Am I being a complete softie considering wearing overshoes on the bike?? Feet have been freezing after one or two lake swims I did in the last few weeks.
    Was watching a bit of the Giro last night and they had conditions similar to what is forecast tomorrow and nearly all of them had overshoes and most wore rainjackets for most of the stage! Obviously they don't have transitions, etc.
    Do what you need to do. No point freezing on the bike just to look race authentic.

Toe covers are an option too, and easier to manage than overshoes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Don't worry there'll be plenty of softies there too!!

The trick is leaving the shoe covers on the bike on the shoes in transition and just pulling them up.

Running on frozen feet is not pleasant :(

See you there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 Red Adair

Bit hard on the 3D crew. One of the oldest clubs in the country and a most agreeable bunch at all times. Could BTH please ID himself or herself and are u racing on saturday ?

Red Adair wrote: »
    Bit hard on the 3D crew. One of the oldest clubs in the country and a most agreeable bunch at all times. Could BTH please ID himself or herself and are u racing on saturday ?

I am the treasurer of 3D hence EC1000s jibe at my club. EC is TO for this race, hence me slagging him.

Not racing this weekend or anytime soon. Waiting on some surgery. Had a top ten in this race last year, cracking race on a challenging course.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Users are entitled to anonymity on boards as per the charter, speculation about a users identity is not permitted

On a less serious note.. I think the over and back between EC1000 and BTH is some light hearted banter between members of opposing clubs.

mloc123 wrote: »

On a less serious note.. I think the over and back between EC1000 and BTH is some light hearted banter between members of opposing clubs.

This is more than light hearted banter, I beat him in a sprint finish in Caroline Kearney 2010 and he's never got over it
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Red Adair

Bit hard on the TO'S all the same.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

It's banter....

Best of luck tomorrow folks. I'm out so I hope it's freezing, wet and windy :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭littlemsfickle

Best of luck tomorrow folks. I'm out so I hope it's freezing, wet and windy :pac:

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭El Director

Good to to one and all racing tomorrow, what ever the format, it's still a race :) Enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,830 ✭✭✭catweazle

With all this sunshine today the lake will be hopefully more like this tomorrow - good luck to one and all

Italy-Saturnia-thermal-baths-people.jpg

• Advertisement

....I'm out....
    Understandable, but still: :(

Good luck all. Hope the sun smiles on you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

Best of luck tomorrow folks!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Emmmmmm best you don't read my posts then.

Word coming through of a reduced 700m swim. At least there is a swim.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭mrbungle

Reaches for hard hat and other safety equipment.
    (This thread could blowup later).

Yawn. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭littlemsfickle

Good thing they had all those boats....

Reduced swim was predictable, given the temps leading up to this. At least they got a swim. A duathlon would have been very poorly recieved.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭El Director

An update after 1 lap of the bike...

An update after 1 lap of the bike...

That was very confusing. Opened that and kept pressing the back button wondering why it wouldn't respond...

Nice work Fazz...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Unregistered.

Do we have a result?

Advertisement