Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do you park in gear or neutral?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Wonda-Boy wrote: »

And as for jealous fooks pushing bikes over it happens more then you think :rolleyes:

Like how often?.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Wossack wrote: »
    its being in gear aint gonna stop someone malicious pushing it over though

Well they are less likely to stand there messing with it especially if they have no clue about bikes and find neutral and then push it over....or generally act the maggot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,307 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

I'll take my chances with people messing with it. It doesn't happen that often to me. But if I parked in gear I know I'd end up trying to start the engine with it still in gear all the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Peanut2011

Like how often?.

Once is more than I am willing to tolerate.
    Wossack wrote: »
    its being in gear aint gonna stop someone malicious pushing it over though

Maliciously no, but it will make it a lot harder for someone without the clue to do it. If nothing else it will prevent it from rolling should one even just lean on it.
    Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Hell yeah, out on a spin once and some parents wanted to put their not so little lad on a bike. When taking him off the bike was pushed forward coz they were a pair of numpties....Did not hit the deck put was mighty close. rolleyes.png

No imagine you were not there and this happened. What if the "young" lad decided to try it on his own and bike fell on him... Who would be to blame??

All this is just hypothetical but I would rather not find out what if! In any case, everyone do it as they see fit, not as if there is a right and a wrong way of doing this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭Thinkingaboutit

In gear, just safer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 663 ✭✭✭CourierCollie

Went neutral for years ( except when parking on a hill ). Though I have changed to leaving it in gear most of the time, since having it blow over last January. I'll never know for certain if it would have made any difference, but think it might have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,307 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

After reading this thread, I think people who park in neutral are just better people in general than those that leave it in gear. You's "gearsies" just can't handle the carefree relaxed lifestyle and attitude of the neutrals.

Neutrals:

fonzie.jpg

Gearsies:

alan-partridge.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,394 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

37475533.jpg

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

All we need now is the Sean Bean caption...

ONE DOES NOT SIMPLY LEAVE A BIKE IN NEUTRAL!!!!

LMAO

Advertisement