Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monthly General Meeting

Options
  • 29-04-2013 1:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭

Hi guys,

Does anyone know about/ is going to the Monthly General Meeting tonight?

* It's in the Chocolate Factory, King's Inn Street @ 7.30pm
    * https://www.facebook.com/MonthlyGeneralMeeting

I've been to a couple, great atmosphere, really interesting, etc. Just wanted to know out of interest if anyone else on here has been to one, is interested in going to one or is going tonight?

Would be nice to get to know a few people who might be regulars, or otherwise and I'm not the best at tapping people on the shoulder and introducing myself as a new acquaintance... :/

I'll be the one with cake. :pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭Boulevardier

Sorry, but monthly general meeting of what?

That link does not work, at least not for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭pervertedcoffee

Sorry, but monthly general meeting of what?

That link does not work, at least not for me.

Nothing in particular, the organisers choose a topic every month and it usually includes a short film, some music and a Q&A session with someone of note related to the topic.

I, hopefully, fixed the link which should explain it better than I can.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

I've been to a good few.

Always enjoyable - some nights better than others obviously depending on the guests.

It's a nice informal night, great variety of guests everyone from the writer of Love/Hate and self-publishers of literary magazines to comedians, bands and filmmakers.

Recommended if you're looking for something different to do on a Monday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭fishtastico

Damn, just saw this now. Might go next month

Here's a recording of the poet that was there last night

Really good performers last night, really enjoyed Colm Keegan myself. It was a shame the Q&A guest couldn't make it but the host was super enthusiastic about whoever it was so now I'm really curious about who it might be.

He said the person might be at another MGM so there's extra motivation to go to the next ones! Roll on next month!

The Chocolate factory is absolutely gorgeous as well - can't wait to see the cafe up and running in it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Who was hosting as a matter of interest? Was it the guy from Delorentos?

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Who was hosting as a matter of interest? Was it the guy from Delorentos?

Neil, yup! Shane, the usual co-host excused himself as his OH was/is unwell.

Line up:

- Megan Nolan, Short Prose/Personal Essay
    - Colm O'Toole, Comedy
    - Leanne Heart, Music
    - Colm Keegan, Poetry
    - Cluck, Short Film

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,224 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Never heard of this before OP, thanks for the heads up. I'll be watching out for the next one :)

MGM announced for next Monday the 27th of May! Theme is 'Man's Best Friend'.

More details to be announced soon and I'll report back when I hear/see more.

Hopefully might see another boardsie or even two this time around!

Advertisement