Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BOI online loan application

Options
  • 29-04-2013 1:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭

Hi I filled out an online loan application on the bank of ireland website on saturday. Im just wondering roughly how long will it take before I hear back. Or is there a way of confirming the application went through . Im not used to doing it online and always went into a branch before so im unsure if I did it right. It said submitted at the end but. Id prefer to know for sure.. been a bank of ireland customer for 15 years . But new to the internet side of things.
    Thanks for any help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Rattlehead_ie

Spanner. I'm in a similar situation. I gave them a ring today after applying on Friday morning. Although there is a large queue. A BoI rep was able to tell me my application had been received. No other information except to say they are working on the current backlog :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi SpannerMonkey,

Thanks for getting in touch.

You would generally receive a call from the loans team within 24/48 hours. Due to a high volume of applications at the moment this is taking slightly longer. The team can be contacted directly on 1890 365 100. Alternatively, if you would like to pm us your contact phone number and branch name we can follow this up for you.

Thanks
    Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

Hi tara , thanks . I tried to pm you there but I couldnt .

Hi SpannerMonkey,

There should be a link to send us a private message under my signature however, if you're accessing boards on a mobile it doesn't always appear. I've sent you a pm so if you could reply to that.

Thanks
    Tara

Hi SpannerMonkey,

I've sent you a pm with an update from the Loans Team, if you could have a look when you get a chance.

Thanks
    Tara

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Rattlehead_ie

Hi Tara,
    Im in the same situation as SpannerMonkey, any chance you could PM me and I can reply with whatever details you need? I didnt want to create a new thread just for same question

Hi Rattlehead_ie,

We would only be able to confirm if your application was received. From your earlier post you mentioned a BOI rep has already confirmed this.

The Loans Team processes applications in the order that they are received. If you would like us to double check that your application is in the queue, please click the link under my signature to send us a pm. We would only require your name, branch name and contact phone number to check this for you.

Thanks
    Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Art Fonzarelli

Hi Tara,

I have recently been turned down for a loan that amounts to less than a week of my wages. I required it for an imminent family holiday and have since found the funding elsewhere at lower interest rates.

My question is, why should I continue to bank with your corporation?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Hi Art Fonzarelli,

Thanks for taking the time to post.

We value all of our customers and your business is important to us.

Loans can be declined for various reasons however we cannot investigate applications here.

A loan application would be processed by your branch.

Should you have any questions about your application, your branch can help with this. 

A full list of branch contact numbers can be found here

Thanks

Billy

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Art Fonzarelli

Hi Billy,

Thanks for the quick response. However, I know why my loan application was declined: your colleagues gambled massively and lost.

Public funds are keeping your company afloat. Interest rates have been raised, banking fees applied. I am not getting any benefits at all. New government taxes are sapping my cash to pay for your company's bailout and at the same time BoI is grabbing more through these extra charges.

I remain at a loss as to why I should keep depositing my money with your company. What do I get out of it?
    I think I'm going to switch to Permanent TSB, they at least have a good no fees 'deal' in place and can approve miniscule personal loans of €400.

€400. For years I was inundated with letters telling me I had been pre-approved for credit cards and loans for thousands of euro - thankfully none of which I was stupid enough to avail of - and now your company cannot approve a loan for a few hundered.

Just to be clear, I'm more amused than angry and my question remains, why should I continue to bank with your corporation? Genuinely. Convince me. Tell me what the benefits are.

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Hi Art Fonzarelli,

As mentioned in my earlier post, we cannot discuss your personal loan application or decision. 

We are very grateful for your business and value your custom.

In terms of value, please see some of the main features that Bank of Ireland customers can avail of which include but are not limited to:

Access to your money via:
    Over 250 branches nationwide
    Over 1,500 ATMs nationwide
    Direct banking by phone, online and mobile

A full range of payment options including:
    Direct Debits
    Standing Orders
    Visa Debit card
    Online payments to accounts at home and abroad
    Phone and Mobile payments
    ATM pay a bill

The ability to top up mobile phones using:
    365 Online banking
    By Text
    Many of our ATMs

A number of services free of charge such as:
    Setting up Direct Debits & Standing Orders
    Account administration
    PIN replacement
    Regular bank statements

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post.
    All feedback given on this forum is tracked and passed on to the relevant departments. 

Thanks

Billy

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Git86

I recently applied online for a car loan online and I think I was called last Wednesday with a response on a number (beginning with 076).
         Unfortunately I was in work at the time and was unable to answer.Should I expect another call or will I be contacted by another means?
        I don't know weather the loan was accepted or rejected but I would just like to know for my own sake.
           Looking forward to any responses

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭The Voice of reason

Hi Art Fonzarelli,

As mentioned in my earlier post, we cannot discuss your personal loan application or decision. 

We are very grateful for your business and value your custom.

In terms of value, please see some of the main features that Bank of Ireland customers can avail of which include but are not limited to:

Access to your money via:
    Over 250 branches nationwide
    Over 1,500 ATMs nationwide
    Direct banking by phone, online and mobile

A full range of payment options including:
    Direct Debits
    Standing Orders
    Visa Debit card
    Online payments to accounts at home and abroad
    Phone and Mobile payments
    ATM pay a bill

The ability to top up mobile phones using:
    365 Online banking
    By Text
    Many of our ATMs

A number of services free of charge such as:
    Setting up Direct Debits & Standing Orders
    Account administration
    PIN replacement
    Regular bank statements

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post.
    All feedback given on this forum is tracked and passed on to the relevant departments. 

Thanks

Billy

Might also want to mention to Art Fonzarelli that in fairness to BOI, they were never in state ownership and have repaid approximately €1 billion more than they got. BOI appear to have gotten an investment rather than a bail out, one whih the state has made a significant profit on.

Not a BOI fanboy or anything, but lazy comments like Art Fonzarelli's really grind my gears. Popular nonsense peddaled by people with a left wing agenda

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Paula C

Hi Git86,

Welcome to boards.ie and thank you for your post.

To follow up the status of your loan application please contact our Lending Team on 0818 200 334, a representative there will be more than happy to look into this for you.

If we can assist you with anything else please do not hesitate to contact us.

Thanks,
    Paula C

• Registered Users Posts: 5 johnnybigfeed

Hi,

I am having issues getting a loan. this is despite paying back my existing loan and working full time. I only wish to get a loan for three to four thousand but cant's seem to get any help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Hi johnnybigfeed, 

Thank you for getting in contact and welcome to Boards.ie. 

We would suggest contacting our Lending team directly where a representative will be more than happy to look into this for you. You can call them on 0818 200 334 and their lines are open from 8am to 8pm Monday through to Friday. 

You can also find more information in our Loans section here on our website.  

We hope this helps and if we can assist you with anything else, please don't hesitate to contact us again. 

Thanks, 
    Elaine 

• Registered Users Posts: 3 athy1

hi,

my loan was temporarily accepted and i signed the documents online. it said they are being sent off to be signed by other people.

just wondering how long it takes to know 100% your getting the loan.

also how long does it take for the funds to go into your account

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

athy1 wrote: »
    hi,

my loan was temporarily accepted and i signed the documents online. it said they are being sent off to be signed by other people.

just wondering how long it takes to know 100% your getting the loan.

also how long does it take for the funds to go into your account
    Hi athy1,

Thanks for contacting us on Boards. 

You can check the status of your application by please call our Lending team on 0818 200 334 and select option 2 followed by option 1. A representative will be happy to check this for you. 

Usually once the loan has been approved and we have received all of the required documents, it can take one working day for the funds to be transferred into your account. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

Hi Sarah,

Thanks for the quick reply. 

Will i be contacted when the loan is approved or should i just regularly  check my account to see if the funds went in.

thanks,

conor

Hi Sarah,

Thanks for the quick reply. 

Will i be contacted when the loan is approved or should i just regularly  check my account to see if the funds went in.

thanks,

conor
    Hi Conor, 

Yes you will receive an email when approved with further details on your loan. 

If there is any other query we can help with please let us know. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Advertisement

Hi Conor, 

Thanks,
    Sarah

Hi Sarah,

The funds have been added to my account but I can't withdraw these funds.

Any clue as to why this is?

Thanks,
    Conor

Hi Conor, 

Thanks,
    Sarah

Hi Sarah,

The funds have been added to my account but I can't withdraw these funds.

Any clue as to why this is?

Thanks,
    Conor
    Hi Conor, 

The funds will need to clear in your account before you can withdraw them. Usually this can take one working day, you can view the available funds in your account on 365 Online when logged in through a browser. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Megdo44

Hi,

I tried to PM but couldn't. I was wondering how long the response time may be for personal loan approval. I applied through the BOI app on Friday.

Thanks so much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Richard

Megdo44 wrote: »
    Hi,

I tried to PM but couldn't. I was wondering how long the response time may be for personal loan approval. I applied through the BOI app on Friday.

Thanks so much.
    Good afternoon Megdo44,

Thank you for contacting us here on Boards.ie.

You should hear back regarding your loan application by tomorrow. Our lending team can also be contacted on 0818 200 334 if you would like to discuss your application with them.

Thanks,
    Richard

Advertisement