Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Miami for the Irish!

Options
  • 29-04-2013 3:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭

There’s three of us going to Miami for a few nights (25year old males x3) in July.

All I’ve read & heard is about posh clubs, names on lists and impressing doormen etc.

Is this the protocol for Miami Nightlife in general or where can three Irish lads have some craic?!

Irish Bars look thin on the ground, we’re staying in South Beach.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,019 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

If you can you should go to Key West, absolutely amazing craic with none of the nonsense pretentiousness of South Beach, takes 4-5 hours on public bus from South Beach and accommodation is expensive. There are a few Irish bars in south beach but they are nothing special to be honest. Some of the clubs can be good but it can be a real pain in the ass getting in unless you are willing to slip the doorman some notes or you just get lucky. Been a while since I was there and the popular clubs change like the wind so can't really recommend anywhere in particular.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,358 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

no there are lots of different establishments in southbeach, two irish bars (playwright and waxys open very late) across the road from one another on washington ave just a few doors down from them is automatic slims

finnegans way on ocean drive is another irish bar and another just off espanola way which is a stunning part of town at night

clevelander is an outdoor nightclub with no coverage charge most of the time (i have got in on saturday evenings), Mangos Tropical Cafe starts charging only at certain times, honestly you should have no trouble getting into 99% of places on ocean drive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Madworld

Hows your Spanish?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

I would second getting to Key West if you can. Way more fun than Miami and a lot more laid back. You can rent a car one way from Miami to KW.

Advertisement