Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Career

Options
  • 29-04-2013 3:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Like many others (I assume) I am in a job that is not for me. It would be a good job for someone who wanted this career. I'm coming to a stage in my life where I need to make a change. If I left my job tomorrow, what would I do? What direction would I go in? I don't know what I want to do with the rest of my life and I don't know how to figure it out.. How did other people find out? Then obviously I need money to survive and I understand the times we are in and that people are crying out for work, so I am grateful that I have something but I still believe I deserve to go to work everyday with a smile on my face and to look forward to the day ahead. Again how do other people find their way? I can't be alone? I'm 24 (still very young) but I feel like I'm wasting my life.

I would appreciate any advice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

First question, What career do you want? You need to figure this out before you figure out how to get there.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 ampss

That's actually my issue.. I don't know what I want to do and I don't know how to go about finding out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭boobar

What line of work are you currently in?

Are there any aspects of this work that you enjoy?

If there are, what skills do you use to complete the enjoyable parts of your job?

The reason I ask is because these skills may be transferable to other areas of work that you might enjoy.

In answer to your question, how do others find their way. Well I fell into a change of career over 10 years ago, completely by accident, just got offered a very different job, was nervous, said no, was then disappointed. It came up again, I said yes, very glad I did. The job was in the same organisation, so you might find your dream job staying with your current organisation.

Advertisement