Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New phone, will old sim work, same network

Options
  • 29-04-2013 4:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hello everyone,

I have a quick question: I want to get a new mobile (Samsung Galaxy), but I wnat to use my old SIM in it. The network is the same (Meteor). I have been looking around and found the best deal would be to buy as a 'new Meteor Customer' as the phone will be significantly cheaper. Will my old Meteor sim work in it?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

You can use the old sim, number credit extra without issue. The only problem will be the sim of the sim. Depending what phone your getting, but chances are you will need a micro sim. You can either swap for a micro sim in any meteor store on the spot, or they could just cut the sim card to the correct size.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Important to note that you may not be able to network unlock the phone later down the line as you wont have topped up by €130.

You could still pay a third party for the code though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 pipboy2013

Cheers guys, I'll go ahead and order it as a new customer and stick my old sim into it. Adios to fecking WAP!

Advertisement