Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glyde Court

Options
  • 29-04-2013 4:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I know the last thread about the great ruins in Louth and access to them got locked, so I was hoping to start a new one purely to ask advice.

I remember seeing a while ago on a Tallanstown tourism website, a mention that Glyde Court could be visited if organized locally. I cant find the website now, but I know I seen it online a while ago.

I've been to the area twice since, and have asked around the area if anybody knew who should be contacted in order to get permission to see the place, but nobody knew anything that could help.

I know where the place is, but I'd never go on private land without permission, and I am still REALLY eager to get to see the place for myself.

Does anybody know if there would be a port of call in the local area where I could knock in and ask for permission? Sadly, my visits so far have been fruitless. please feel free to PM me if you dont want to post details here on the public forum.

Sorry for the repeat thread, but any advice would be really appreciated. I want to see it because I have a huge interest in historical architecture, and I hear Glyde Court is an amazing place.

thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭washiskin

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭Archeron

Thanks washiskin, that is an incredible website. Appreciate the link.

Would still be very interested in seeing the place myself as well if it were possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

I've been told that it's the same dude that owns Stephenstown house.

Fantastic ruin though and amazing how much is actually still in tact!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 demondrive

Hi
    I was up at glyde court and stephenstown house. I sought permission to photograph stephenstown house by going into the coffee shop at stephenstown pond. They just said it's ok as long as did not go into house.

Glyde court.
    I had to do a bit of house calling around the mansion to find out who is ask to get in to photograph. Fortunately I called at a house and they said the owner was working near the mansion so I went down and asked him. I explained that I was photograhing it. He had no problems and just advised me against going into it.

Both houses are owned by the same person. I will not give names here. The owners are very friendly and as long as your not going to go into the buildings it's ok to photograph them.

You can check out my site for images I took

Www.colincolleranphotographer.com

Advertisement