Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

screen messed up.

Options
  • 29-04-2013 4:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭

Yesterday out of no where my moniter just went all messed up line all angles where all over it and i could fix it with out restarting my computer it hasent happend again so it could have just been a once off thing i dont know i have a msi 7850 factory OC GPU and a LG Flatron IPS224...Im Certain it was nothing to do with my moniter... And i also have OC it some more but nothing much... but i have maxed out all of my 3d settings if that could have anything to do with it ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭LukeyKid

Anyone have any idea's....!?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Sounds like the voltage was too low for the overclock or your gpu core got too hot resulting in artifacts.

Is this dangerous , like would my GPU be damaged from this it hasent happend since then ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Nope, it's fine.

It happend again i took a picture it only happens to my main screen the other screen was fine i put the computer to sleep and then started it again it was fine the screen was a little weird at first put then went back to normal ? why is this happening all of a sudden is my gpu broke ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Freddy Smelly

looks like either a voltage issue or resolution/htz frequency set too high for the monitor to handle

try undo the gcard's oc settings to see if it works normally.

Advertisement