Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cheap pints in cork

Options
  • 29-04-2013 4:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭

can anyone tell me where to get cheap pints in cork please!? :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭calnand

Vanhalla wrote: »
    can anyone tell me where to get cheap pints in cork please!? :D

Brog I think is 3.90 before 9pm then increases then increases again after 11. But you pay for what you get, cheap horrible pints.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

Lidl/Aldi for cheap booze, just supply your own glass.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

What do you drink?

You'll get the most perfect Beamish of your life in An Bodhran for not much more than 4 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Preachers do a pint of the day everyday for €3.50, Its usually one of the mainstream beers.

Price stays the same for the whole day.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 875 ✭✭✭mean gene

bodran 3 quid a fosters before 6- 3.80 other lagers.
    grafton has carling for around 3.50

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Callanans (streetview)

Very cheap Beamish, Murphy's and Heineken. (Nothing else on tap though!).

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭soggy biscuit

On a related note, anyone tried that new canadian beer that was brought out recently enough?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Yeah I second Callanans on George's Quay. Pints of Beamish for €3 - sorted!

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Skybox

The Shelbourne on McCurtain Street has happy hour every Friday - €3.50 pints up until 8pm. They also do an offer for their Shelbourne Lager which is 3 pints for €10 for all Premiership soccer games.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭dj_

On a related note, anyone tried that new canadian beer that was brought out recently enough?

Can't remember the name but I had a pint about a week ago. Wasn't to my taste.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Corcaigh84

Spotted it in the Silver Key, Molson Canadian it's called. The buddy who lived in Vancouver for a couple of years said it's pis$. Their version of Fosters.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

Tourburg & Fosters €3.20 in Hickeys Aherla all day everyday. A grand hospitable spot!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Yeah, it's worse than Budweiser. Like beer flavoured water.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,029 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Faith wrote: »
    Yeah, it's worse than Budweiser. Like beer flavoured water.

And it has replaced Howling Gale (Co. Cork produced pale ale) in the Sextant, for shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

And it has replaced Howling Gale (Co. Cork produced pale ale) in the Sextant, for shame.

That's a disgrace. A quality ale produced by a Cork based company and supporting local jobs, replaced by mass produced yellow fizz that falsely claims to be Canadian.

The Sextant has sold its soul to Molson Coors. Shame on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Fuzz McG

Canadian is terrible. Like Coors Light, if you need a taste comparison. Nobody with even a passing liking for beer drinks it over there.

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭yenom

Horgans do €2:50 pints before 7 and I think €3 after it. They are very strict about who they let into the bar though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭spitfireIRL

yenom wrote: »
    Horgans do €2:50 pints before 7 and I think €3 after it. They are very strict about who they let into the bar though.

where is Horgans?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

where is Horgans?

I'm wondering that myself, I think there's a place on Blarney St. called Horgan's, I wouldn't even go in there if the pints were free.

It's on Blarney Street.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 698 ✭✭✭belcampprisoner

Tesco supermarket

• Registered Users Posts: 38 hassy

thirsty Tuesdays @ Coughlans on Douglas street, , , all pints €3 on tuesdays till 6pm

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

54kroc wrote: »
    I'm wondering that myself, I think there's a place on Blarney St. called Horgan's, I wouldn't even go in there if the pints were free.

Bad pints?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭crockholm

Bradleys on Barrack St. were always known as the cheapest pint in Ireland, used to scoff Beamish there till the cows came home,hope it's still open. If not,surely some other pub on the street took up it's mantle.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

crockholm wrote: »
    Bradleys on Barrack St. were always known as the cheapest pint in Ireland, used to scoff Beamish there till the cows came home,hope it's still open. If not,surely some other pub on the street took up it's mantle.

Bradley's is still going alright, delicious Beamish all the time. Not the cheapest, though it certainly isn't the most expensive.

Bad pints?

Na, it's all old people so the stout is as good as you'll get anywhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭who_me

I thought the Tower Bar (off Barrack St.) had the reputation for the cheapest pints, I don't know if that's true any longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

who_me wrote: »
    I thought the Tower Bar (off Barrack St.) had the reputation for the cheapest pints, I don't know if that's true any longer.

The Tower bar is long gone.

That's all apartments now.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,029 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Abbot's Ale House are doing Bitter and Twisted (lovely Scottish golden ale) @ €6.50 a litre and Zlaty Bazant (premium Slovak lager) @ €7 a litre. Usually they have a generic lager for €6 a litre.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭who_me

MrFrisp wrote: »
    The Tower bar is long gone.

That's all apartments now.

Oops. Cheers. I haven't been up that road since my student days.

Advertisement