Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interested in putting together an American country band?

Options
  • 29-04-2013 5:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi there,
    I'm a singer & cellist and I'd love to get together with like-minded people to put together a band that does primarily American country-rock music.

Influences would be Mary Chapin Carpenter, Gretchen Wilson, Hank Williams, The Judds, Patsy Cline and many more.

Ideally the band would comprise of a fiddler, pianist, drummer, bassist and guitarist and me on cello.

We would also need a male singer.

If this sounds like your thing, let me know. I'm based in Meath/Dublin, so having a car to get to rehearsals would be an advantage.

Looking forward to hearing from y'all :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 máthair

Really? Nobody likes this music???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭greenpilot

We are, Im a blues rock pianist with a cool funk rock drummer and an excellent bass player. We are writing songs similar to The band Perry and are looking for a guitarist and a fiddle player....me thinks you are in the wrong side of the country!!

greenpilot wrote: »
    We are, Im a blues rock pianist with a cool funk rock drummer and an excellent bass player. We are writing songs similar to The band Perry and are looking for a guitarist and a fiddle player....me thinks you are in the wrong side of the country!!
    Sounds fab! I'm near Dublin; where are you???
    ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 46 fluffybyrne

Id be interested man ounds gud

Id be interested man ounds gud
    Where are you based? What do you play?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭bluevoice

Lol - We're an American Country/Roots band too, looking for a fiddle player...only we're in Galway. Maybe we should all get together and form a Country Supergroup! ;)

I tried to edit the original post to say that I'm based near Dublin; in Meath. So if anyone else is interested, please do get in touch.

A piano player is next on the list :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭glord

guitarist from clonard here.Play some bluegrass and country stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Kicking Television

PM sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭seanypants

Hey!
    My name is seany,
    I'm a guitarist been playing for 7/8 years
    I'm 21 and looking to get a originals band going and maybe one or two covers for gigs.

At the moment its me and my good mate brian who's a sax player and also plays a bit of guitar.
    were looking for a drummer, bassist and singer.
    Looking to do some blues/rock/country/folk/americana kinda stuff

main influences would be The Black keys... Anything Dan Auerbach really.. I'm a huge fan.
    also The Growlers, Neil Young, Jack White, Lanie Lane, Valerie June, Tom Waits list goes on but heres some demos iv done over the past while.. there all real rough but if your interested give me a shout on

https://soundcloud.com/seany_lay

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭seanypants

Based in Kildare/Dublin ^

• Registered Users Posts: 2 mariah_butler

greenpilot wrote: »

you guys wouldn't by any chance be looking for a female vocalist at all?? galway/mayo based country/rock singer!!!
    https://soundcloud.com/mariah_butler

Advertisement