Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kennels recommendation in North Wicklow/South Dublin

• 29-04-2013 5:48pm
    Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭

Hello,

Hoping for a recommendation for a decent kennels. If I go away my dog (Springer/Beagle x) normally stays at my parents house who have big garden and two dogs of their own.

But I am heading away beginning of May for 6 days and dog has just come into heat. Its too much too ask my parents too look after her so I need to put her into boarding kennels. I did receive one recommendation local to me (Greystones) but I went to have a look at it, and thought it was a bit bleak.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Blondes have more fun

I have used Barkingham Palace for my 2 Chihuahuas, she keeps the dogs in her house. I have gone to look at a good few and it is def the best. Mine end up in her bed! Not sure how she would feel about the dog being in heat though
    I'll pm u the details

Yuppie Puppie is very good also

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

Most kennels won't take a dog in heat.

Yuppie puppie website shows all dogs together in the house with kennels lined up around the rooms - you dog will cause a riot there in a flash !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

I have used Barkingham Palace for my 2 Chihuahuas, she keeps the dogs in her house. I have gone to look at a good few and it is def the best. Mine end up in her bed! Not sure how she would feel about the dog being in heat though
    I'll pm u the details

Yuppie Puppie is very good also

Are they not the same place? If you look at the contact email for barkingham palace it is barbara@yuppiepuppie.ie I remember contacting her about 3/4 years ago at yuppie puppie but she told me she was moving.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Blondes have more fun

I don't know I haven't used Yuppie Puppie. A girl is work uses them and she says its very good. They probably won't take a dog in heat either way. A family member is probably your best bet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭are you serious

http://www.byrnesboardingkennels.com/default.html

I have used these and found them to be great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭km991148

recommendation for both glencullen kennels(kennels.ie I think) and Deerfield (deerfieldkennels.ie). Deerfield is nr Marley park just off m50 and glencullen is.. well in glencullen!

I think both places have had dogs in heat while ours has been in..

Advertisement