Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cleaning your Wick

Options
  • 29-04-2013 6:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭

Wondered if any could enlighten me with tips on cleaning my SS Wick on my Aga T+.

Process should be the same for most ss wicks i'd say.

I have been clening by getting a sharp threaded screw and twisting it held against the coils to break off the black stuff then splash with water while the coil is on/hot.

I find its never the same as a fresh coil. Always a lingering smoky smell, in fact i get a burnt smell if I vape with not enough liquid covering the coils after a clean. So am wary of every toke after as the burnt vape is foul.

Is there a way to achieve this as new taste again without a rebuild as i was hoping the ss would save me from the more frequent rebuilding. My latest fresh coil lasted about 3-4 days before needing a clean.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

I just dry burn when the tank is empty and then flush it out with water.

It gets rid of most of the black gunk on the coil and way you go again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭was.deevey

First I fire boiling water with a syringe into the tank a few times to loosen the gunk.

Then I undo the top screw to losen the coil, pull out my wick completely and leave it soak it in boiling water for a few mins.

Next I dry burn the coils themselves, while its still firing quench it upside down in a glass of water, all the black nasty stuff comes off.

Pop the wick back into its "seated" position, redo the top screw and bobs ur' auntie.

Wont work well with thinner guage kanthal though, wick and coils last me weeks like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 shamreez

get a small windproof lighter (I guess that is what people call them) and very carefully without melting the white silica oring at the bottom near the wick burn all the gunk off (Angling it upwards)

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭platinums

thanks I keep trying to do it with juice in the tank, Im using .20 kanthal and it will more than likely deform or break of i try and take it all apart (guerrilla fingers)

Will thicker guage wire use more battery? currently use 3 wraps and get 1.8-2.0 ohms, thicker wire would increase ohms at the same wrap?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

platinums wrote: »
    Will thicker guage wire use more battery? currently use 3 wraps and get 1.8-2.0 ohms, thicker wire would increase ohms at the same wrap?

Thicker wire will decrease ohms/resistance and use more battery.

• Advertisement
Advertisement