Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it possible?

Options
  • 29-04-2013 6:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭

Is it possible to have a carry fail AND pass one module by compensation? Let's say that I pass 4 modules and fail 2.. if I get over 35 in one of the failed ones can I still compensate it and still do the other failed one next year? Or is it just one or the other?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭mrmeindl

You can only compensate one if you failed nothing else.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭IRA 1916

You can compensate more than one if they're both over 35%... but what I'm saying is if I fail 2 and compensate just the one can I carry that module into next year?

Is is possible to carry fail any module or just one that have end of semester exams?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Cork24

You can compensate on an Exam if you get anything >=35% on that Exam..

Your Question is .. if you Fail 2 can you get a Compensate on one and carry a Fail Over,

To Answer your Question.. You can only Get 2 Compensate a Year, but if you fail 2 Exams in the Summer you Will not get Compensate for either...
    You can only get 1 Fail per Semester.

If you FAIL FAIL as in you get 34% in One and 37% in the Other then you are Truly F**KED and will have to Repeat the 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Dubba

Found this online... its from 2009... so I don't know if its up to date, I'm guessing not??

http://www.citsu.ie/index.php/faqs/3-academic/15-how-do-i-compensate-my-results

"You can compensate up to 4 modules over 2 semesters. No more. All subjects compensated must be between 35 and 39."

• Advertisement

Dubba wrote: »
    Found this online... its from 2009... so I don't know if its up to date, I'm guessing not??

http://www.citsu.ie/index.php/faqs/3-academic/15-how-do-i-compensate-my-results

"You can compensate up to 4 modules over 2 semesters. No more. All subjects compensated must be between 35 and 39."

Its down to 2 modules over 2 Semester. But if you get a Result thats below 35 then you will have to Repeat the two Failed Modules

But if I fail just the one I can carry fail it?

If you only fail one, you can sit the repeat so but if you fail it ad again in the repeat you can not carry a fail from one year to the next you will have to repeat that module, you can only carry fail from one semester to the next within the same "school year"

What if there's no repeat exam?

• Advertisement

IRA 1916 wrote: »
    What if there's no repeat exam?

was it a 100% class work that you failed ? If so i would get onto the Person that was giving that Exam and your Head of Department, more then likely if it was 100% Class work they would make you do it again, happened to a few people i knew. they Failed the CIT TeamWork Module.

The head of Dept made them do it a night time, so it would get in their way with the day time timetable.

if their was a final Exam and for some Reason no Repeat you will have to do that Exam again next Term.

Cork24 wrote: »
    was it a 100% class work that you failed ? If so i would get onto the Person that was giving that Exam and your Head of Department, more then likely if it was 100% Class work they would make you do it again, happened to a few people i knew. they Failed the CIT TeamWork Module.

The head of Dept made them do it a night time, so it would get in their way with the day time timetable.

if their was a final Exam and for some Reason no Repeat you will have to do that Exam again next Term.

Yes class work but there was class tests so there may be a repeat?

http://courses.cit.ie/index.cfm/page/module/moduleId/4746

Can't really say for sure..

Talk to your head of dept.
    they might allow u to re summit your projects

Advertisement