Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with page numbers and forward/back page arrows

Options
  • 29-04-2013 7:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭

Hi, using galaxy y , gb 2.3.6 and opera mini , cant take screenshot with thhis crappy phone.

Since earlier today the page numbers and back/forward page buttons dont seem to be working . If I press the page 2 button the page appears to load but it just returns to the prev. page . Happens no matter what page/button I press.

The url will say page 2/3/4 or whatever but the contents are from the page I just read.

Cleared cache and history but no joy

Hope my description makes sense lol

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Exact same with me.Also using a Samsung.

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

Yep. Same here. Galaxy ace plus, stock browser.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

Same problem here on a Galaxy S2.
    Tried logging out and back in, cleared cookies and cache, phone off and back on etc etc. no luck.
    But no problems using the laptop!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Ando's Saggy Bottom

Same here on Samsung S2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Chattastrophe!

Getting the same thing, Galaxy S

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

Cheers folks, we're working on it now - I've a galaxy mini here beside me.

Danny

This should now be resolved - we've completely gutted our inline page loading on touch and replaced it with something much less complex. This has the side effect of disabling fancy inline page loading for phones with browsers that don't support (or have buggy implementations of) the browser history API - so that'd be stock on Android < 3.0 and Safari on iOS < 5.0. This just means you guys go back to the old way of full page loading.

Danny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

Yaayyyy ,working again. Thanks for the fix.

Still have to press the "next page/page number" a couple of times for anything to happen but at least I can now read all of a thread

That's strange - could you try another browser? Opera Mini wouldn't be the best browser in the world but since you're on Android 2.3 the page links should behave exactly like any other link i.e. one click to activate.

Danny

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

Thanks Danny. Back in action on the ace plus.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

That's strange - could you try another browser? Opera Mini wouldn't be the best browser in the world but since you're on Android 2.3 the page links should behave exactly like any other link i.e. one click to activate.

Danny

Just tried "dolphin" and same issue with the buttons but tbh its just a minor annoyance

Thanks Danny. Back in action on the ace plus.

Owryan wrote: »
    Just tried "dolphin" and same issue with the buttons but tbh its just a minor annoyance

I'll add it in as a low priority bug once I confirm it on Dolphin when I'm in the office tomorrow - thanks.

Danny

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Working properly again on the Galaxy, well done and thank you :)

Back to normal now thanks lads.

Happening again now!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement