Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FAI Cup 2013 Mod warning post #109

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭TheBigLebowski

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Pats fan alledgley arrested last night for punching Sean O Connor.

If true Sean O Connor is dumbest fcukin footballer ever to play in this country.

This must go down as the stupidest post I've ever seen on this board, and that's qute an achievement. Well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Alias G

Best part was Roche going into the media room to say he was complaing to the FAI about his player being assaulted, he was told to **** off :D

Scummy club from top to bottom.

Sounds a lot like Pats are a scummy club right there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Sorry forgot where i was posting

Richmond park is a stadium in Dublin, within that stadium is section the new stand (we call it that). Just to recap its far away from the players exit, an oppositon player left the changing rooms and went towards the fans taking down flags. Far away from the exit, he then abused said fans as one of them lives on his road.

Just to recap oppositon player goes to a part of the stadium he should not be fcuking in.

Oppossition player then has his clubs chairman with him and abuses pats fan, pats fan punches him and a few others punch him too. Pats fan alledgley arrested (still not 100% he was arrested, police may have just moved him on).

Chairman then goes to media room and complains is told to **** off because said player should not go to pats fan and abuse their families.

For context its like Wayne rooney going into the ****ing kop whilst fans are removing flags and abusing one that lives on his road about his family.

Fairly sure i made that post boards.ie retard freindley so even the fcuking stupidest can understand it.

Any issues please reply, i will try to help you understand it.

Sorry forgot where i was posting

Richmond park is a stadium in Dublin, within that stadium is section the new stand (we call it that). Just to recap its far away from the players exit, an oppositon player left the changing rooms and went towards the fans taking down flags. Far away from the exit, he then abused said fans as one of them lives on his road.

Just to recap oppositon player goes to a part of the stadium he should not be fcuking in.

Oppossition player then has his clubs chairman with him and abuses pats fan, pats fan punches him and a few others punch him too. Pats fan alledgley arrested (still not 100% he was arrested, police may have just moved him on).

Chairman then goes to media room and complains is told to **** off because said player should not go to pats fan and abuse their families.

For context its like Wayne rooney going into the ****ing kop whilst fans are removing flags and abusing one that lives on his road about his family.

Fairly sure i made that post boards.ie retard freindley so even the fcuking stupidest can understand it.

So a rovers player was assaulted by several Pats fans and when Jonathan Roche makes a fully justified complaint he is told by so called professional staff of Pats to F-off. I'm not gonna start making excuses for SOC as I have no doubt that he has the potential to act like a gob****e but there is only one club acting like scumbags from top to bottom here. If you can't see the hypocrisy of what you are saying then I think your directing you retard digs in the wrong direction. I can only imagine your hysteria if the situation was reversed.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Crackin match crackin atmosphere. Fair play rovers took their chances and we didnt take ours. Other than the Charlie song your fans were complete ****. For that they were special ****.
    Scummy club from top to bottom.

Ok, post one more abusive comment like these about any club, player, fans or posters under any circumstances and you will receive a minimum two week ban.

Everyone else, cut it out too and move on please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,578 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Pretty hard to give Sean O'Connor the benefit of the doubt in any situation to be honest. Rovers seem to be back on track though, probably my bet for the cup seeing as only them and Drogheda don't have the league to worry about aswell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

The draw is live on MNS on Monday.

Rovers are favs @ 11/5
    Dundalk 11/4
    Sligo 3/1
    Drogs 5's
    Derry 7's
    Harps 33/1

Dundalk are going for everything they're involved in.-3 matches in the cup,Goals for 14 against 4.

I think we're quite serious about the cup!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Mod Post: Overnight activity in Thread has been cleaned up, along with any posts quoting or referring to the offending post, and one ban has been handed out.

Keep it on topic folks, and keep it sensible. Heated debate is fine, but blatant personal abuse will not be tolerated.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Jose1

Jeez, and to think I recently had to almost beg to get involved in this 'Soccer' forum to be part of this lot, shocking stuff:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

I think, I got warning, just two or three days, after I got involved in the soccer forum...and I didn't do anything ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Jose1 wrote: »
    Jeez, and to think I recently had to almost beg to get involved in this 'Soccer' forum to be part of this lot, shocking stuff:eek:

Just block dreamers and the majority of the bull is non-existent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,954 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Sligo beat Derry 1:0.

I'd take a Dundalk v Sligo final.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

Zebra3 wrote: »
    Sligo beat Derry 1:0.

I'd take a Dundalk v Sligo final.

Finally, a post about the 2013 FAI Cup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭overshoot

off work early for the trip to drogheda tomorrow... all i ask for is fair officials!
    gonna be game 3 of the weekend after heading to sligo derry today! god north was poor!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,954 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

overshoot wrote: »
    off work early for the trip to drogheda tomorrow... all i ask for is fair officials!

Rubbish, you'd love a 1:0 win from a dodgy peno!!! :pac:

Zebra3 wrote: »
    Rubbish, you'd love a 1:0 win from a dodgy peno!!! :pac:
    i meant fair over 2 legs ;) we are owed a lot! a penalty for each of mcnultys teeth would be good :v

What is up with Derry?

I know Derry haven't won home or away against Sligo since 1750 so were always heading out, but they seem in freefall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

We have stopped creating chances, stuggled to create anything V Bluebell in the last round those were two awful games, plus lots of injuries

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,936 ✭✭✭kksaints

Some cracking goals in all the matches at the weekend. Mchughs for Harps is certainly worth a look.

• Advertisement

Semi-final draw

Drogs Utd/Finn Harps v Dundalk.

Sligo Rovers v Shamrock Rovers.

Ties to be played @ 1.45pm and 3.55pm on Sunday 6th Oct.

Both games will be shown live on RTE2.

Now Drogheda v Dundalk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭blingrhino

We would have liked a louth final but a draw in drogheda and a replay in oriel with a full house would be nice :D

blingrhino wrote: »
    We would have liked a louth final but a draw in drogheda and a replay in oriel with a full house would be nice :D

You were fortunate enough to beat Drogheda recently so I can see this being a tight one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭blingrhino

Alias G wrote: »
    You were fortunate enough to beat Drogheda recently so I can see this being a tight one.

Your right but all derbys are generally tight .
    Dundalk played poorly last time .
    The drogheda number 5 -Byrne I think ,had a cracking game for the drogs so I'm sure his card will be marked this time .

Revised (outright) betting following last nights draw-

Sligo Rovers 15/8

Shamrock Rovers 12/5

DundalkFC 5/2

Drogheda Utd. 4/1

(PP Odds)

Sunday 6th October confirmed KO times.

Drogheda Utd. V DundalkFC 1.45pm*

Sligo Rovers v Shamrock Rovers 3.55pm*

*Live on RTE2 TV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭markc1184

blingrhino wrote: »
    Your right but all derbys are generally tight .
    Dundalk played poorly last time .
    The drogheda number 5 -Byrne I think ,had a cracking game for the drogs so I'm sure his card will be marked this time .

Byrne would be #28, sat between defence and midfield winning everything in the air. #5 would be McNally, made the mistake to let O'Donnell? in for your goal.

Only the game at United Park were Dundalk the notably better side. Has the potential to be a very good game that hopefully Drogs come out of on the right side of the result.

having seen sligo and drogs in the last round im gonna go with dundalk shams final. Sligo just lacking an out an out form striker, North would have had a hatrick this time last year v Derry.
    Drogs should never have gotton as far as the replay and even then didnt exactly look much better than the 6th place D1 side.

Also anyone know what the hell McNulty got his second yellow for? looked mostly handbags (altho i thought funston got a dig from prendergast)... no idea how cassidy didnt get a card either, he started his run towards funston after the ref began to call him back for the free (not sure if he took it quick or tried to play on) and never went for the ball the dirty fecker. (all the one big incident, that started it)

Advertisement