Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Iso fix base with seatbelt?

• 29-04-2013 7:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭

Hi Everyone,
    I have bought the 'be safe' car seat for my baby after much research. I've been told it is compatible with an isofix base however my car does not have isofix points installed in it. Can I still buy the base and use the base with the seat belt so that I can just click the car seat off the base and onto my pram? Does that make sense? Is it as simple as that?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭missis aggie

Hi, yes you can strap the base with the seat belt. That's how I use it when need to give the car seat to grandparents, their car doesn't have the isofix points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 507 ✭✭✭elly123

I had isofix points put into my car only last week, cost was €76 from Ford garage. Definetly worth the money. I didn't know you could secure the isofix base with the seatbelt!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 mrsnib

What car do you have? We have a focas that didn't have the isofix points but ordered them and installed them. I think the parts for it cost about €35. If you wanted them to fit them we were quoted €75.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭DoubleB

Oh thats great thanks so much for your reply. Do you think its worth getting one then as in does it make it a lot handier? Thanks again, delighted to hear that it can be used without points.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

It's strange that focuses don't have them, isn't it? My Dad has a 2010 focus and presumed he would have them (for when grandad takes mini murdywurdy off our hands!) but he doesn't. Our car is a few years older but we do have them.

We got the Be Safe car seat too (the Izi one). One of the reasons was it had the option of using isofix or not, whereas the maxi cosi one we looked at needed isofix. We thought it would be good to be able to use it in other cars if necessary (e.g. if we were on holiday or using someone else's car)

• Advertisement
Advertisement