Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

web server site

Options
  • 29-04-2013 7:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I am a beginner with web servers and trying to work out something. I want to add a site to a web server on iis. It is only going to be one page with links to other pages. Do I build the site in a HTML editor from scratch? If I do that, do I just then add a new website to the domain? Any information would be really appreciated. Can someone give me some guidance on this. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,774 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

Are you hosting the website yourself? IIS sounds a bit cumbersome for a 1 page website.

You'd be better off with a basic hosting plan from the likes of blacknight, designing your html page in an editor and then uploading the page to the hosting using ftp.

Depending on what you are doing so say it is a blog with a basic hosting plan (again from blacknight, no I dont work for them I'm a customer) you can deploy wordpress and have a site up and running in about 30 minutes if not less

Advertisement