Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mum (new to Ireland) looking to meet other Mums in the area.

Options
  • 29-04-2013 7:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi, our family is new to Ireland. We moved to Wicklow Town from America about 9 months ago. Hubby and I have 3 kids ages 8yrs, 6yrs, and 1 1/2 yrs. Missing home, and looking to meet new people and make some friends. Anyone know of any good play groups or ways to meet other mums?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭audreyp

mamacha wrote: »
    Hi, our family is new to Ireland. We moved to Wicklow Town from America about 9 months ago. Hubby and I have 3 kids ages 8yrs, 6yrs, and 1 1/2 yrs. Missing home, and looking to meet new people and make some friends. Anyone know of any good play groups or ways to meet other mums?

I'm not a parent but I did move to the area. Mrs robinsons started a book club 3 months ago and there are mum's in it. It's a bar in greystones their facebook has all the details. Or you could join a class or running club. There is a regular club in shoreline track every Monday and Wednesday. It's called fit for life. Great fun! I think there are some local mums groups too but don't know any myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭dudmis

Hi, this facebook page might be useful (http://www.facebook.com/groups/192585277450198/) - it lists all the playgroups in the area and people share parenting related issues on it. But this is mostly for the Greystones area - it may not be as helpful if you are in Wicklow Town?

What schools are your kids in? Maybe invite other parents and children over for playdates etc and you'll get to know loads of people - kids always make it easier to meet new people.

Welcome to Ireland btw - you've picked a lovely county to live in and I'm sure it will feel more like home in no time ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Spongebopp

mamacha wrote: »

Hi, I am in the Book club just mentioned, it is great fun so please co come along and join us, PM me if you want to know more.
    Also, there are loads of toddler groups for your 1 1/2 year old, St. Patricks do a great one. My kids are a bit older now so I don't remember the details but if you call in or ring. There is a toddler group nearly every day!

Advertisement