Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help! I think I have bed bugs

Options
  • 29-04-2013 7:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

I Recently moved into a rented apartment and today i decided to re arrange my room when i moved the bed i found these rice like thing under the bed . i used a pen knife to stab on of them and a clear liquid came from it . ive looked around at different types of bed bugs and just can't seem to find and revelant info on them can some one please please help
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

I Recently moved into a rented apartment and today i decided to re arrange my room when i moved the bed i found these rice like thing under the bed . i used a pen knife to stab on of them and a clear liquid came from it . ive looked around at different types of bed bugs and just can't seem to find and revelant info on them can some one please please help
    Don't think there bed bugs at all look like maggots from something left under the bed ,
    Check your mattress seems for signs of bed bugs
    If your worried id contact pest control

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Tzetze

Definitely maggots. Looks like bluebottle larvae. Excellent fishing bait. Someone left some rotting food lying around or possibly a dead mouse.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Tails142

think I'm about to lose my dinner :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Tails142 wrote: »
    think I'm about to lose my dinner :eek:

Get the place sprayed and carpets cleaned

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭wilkie2006

They could be moths' larvae too. Definitely not bedbugs...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

The brown stain on the carpet might be a clue as to what they were munching on.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 metalmessiah88

Found out they are moth larvae they were under the bed in the bed base and between the mattress .. after looking around the apartment a bit more I've discovered them in the sitting room behind the couch and in the corners of the room .... so creeped out by this ... landlord better get this fixed snappy

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Found out they are moth larvae they were under the bed in the bed base and between the mattress .. after looking around the apartment a bit more I've discovered them in the sitting room behind the couch and in the corners of the room .... so creeped out by this ... landlord better get this fixed snappy

Personally I'd hop skip it down to Bargaintown and pick yourself up your own bed. You don't have to spend a lot, but I would never sleep on anyone else's mattress.

You can get a bed for €99 in Bargaintown: http://www.bargaintown.ie/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=1059

Always vacuum the mattress when you're changing the sheets to pick up dead skin cells and bed bugs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Mr. Loverman

fussyonion wrote: »
    I would never sleep on anyone else's mattress.

Just curious... how do you stay in hotels, friend's house, etc.?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭dasdog

Definitely moths shells and the stain is probably a spillage of some liquid that has provided them with a supply of moisture for survival (from eating carpet fibre).

Clean the infected areas regularly, keep carpets dry, get yourself moth strips from a DIY store which is basically dry paper treated with an insecticide (Transfluthrin). Cut them in to halves/quarter strips and leave them where you are finding the shells which should kill the larvae.

As the weather is only starting to get warmer you need to declare war on these now or you will be pestered with them during the summer.

• Advertisement
Advertisement