Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

overdraft

Options
  • 29-04-2013 7:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I currently have an overdraft and want to get rid of it but cannot afford to do so in one go.  I would like to maybe reduce the my limit by €50 or €100 ever now and then until I have no overdraft left.  Will there be a charge for changing my overdraft limit?

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sean

Hi Mollyd90,

There is no charge for reducing the limit of your overdraft.  If you were to ever increase it again there is a €30 charge.  This fee is in addition to the annual overdraft facility charge of €30.

To reduce the amount of your overdraft, you can send a signed written instruction to your branch clearly stating how much you want it amended to.

You can find the contact details for your branch here.

Thanks for posting

Seán 

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Mollyd90

ok thanks Sean

• Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭..Brian..

What do we need to say in the letter?

To Whom It May Concern,

Regarding the overdraft on my account number xxxxxxxx, please reduce my limit to -300 eg?

Signed?

That it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Laura

Hi ..Brian..

Thanks for getting in touch.

Your letter above is perfect. Please note if this is a joint account, the letter will need to be signed by both account holders.

For a full list of our branch locations, please see here.

If there is anything else we can help you with, please let us know.
    Laura

• Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭..Brian..

Thanks Laura

• Advertisement
Advertisement