Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dispatches Channel 4 now - Private delivery companies

Options
  • 29-04-2013 8:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭

Programme about UK mail and what happens to your parcels behind the shutters

Not surprising they get broken packages delivered to customers

The employees throwing a lot of packages around, even those labelled fragile

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,459 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

It sounds like sensational TV.

Any courier company that delivers broken goods to mail order customers isn't going to be in business for very long.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

coylemj wrote: »
    It sounds like sensational TV.

Any courier company that delivers broken goods to mail order customers isn't going to be in business for very long.

Well if the footage was genuine then that one depot for "UK Mail" was pretty shocking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

but you have to realise there are literally millions and millions of items being delivered every week and 30 minutes of a tv programme will always be able to find a few stray bullets in ANY industry.

Hysterical, sensationalist sh1te at its best.

p.s. - I send out hundreds of boxes that contain glass every week to Ireland UK and europe with 3 different delivery firms - its very rare to get a broken delivery. Probably less than 10 out of 30,000+ last year. Reality is quite different (thankfully) to 30minute tv rubbish.

I notice they're talking about private companies but the stuff I've had delivered with Royal Mail and An Post stamps all over them tend to be far more battered up.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

They are idiot staff in every company, but lets look at it realistically.
    If company's where as bad as people like the make out then they wouldn't be in business anymore as they'd loose contracts to competitors. (UK has alot of delivery company's to choose from in fairness)

I like dispatchers but in this case they are simply picking out the bad bits to make a show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

well for my twopence worth, i worked in a uk depot for parcel force and you just wouldn't believe the disregard "some" employees had for the merchandice.....bear in mind alot of the staff are agency temps who just don't give a damn

Advertisement