Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Advice on crash with cyclist

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭brian plank

could have been worse, this video went up a few days ago. believe it or not most of the retards in the comments blame the cyclists.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

^^ that is mad! What the hell was he at there? He had plenty of time to brake or move over. Is he blind??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

could have been worse, this video went up a few days ago. believe it or not most of the retards in the comments blame the cyclists.

That'll teach him to sleep with his missus.....it actual looks like he was aiming for him. :eek::eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

There are dozens of those video's taken in the same place on Mulholland, what the fcuk?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭Bikerguy

There are dozens of those video's taken in the same place on Mulholland, what the fcuk?

Thats the showing of spot. All cameras focusing on that curve.

Btw in this case the biker is inded a dickhead and he should be driving bycicle and not be put on the bike again. That could end up much worse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Pique

Can you say 'Target fixation' ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

That's the worst riding I've ever seen. He puts his feet down ffs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Pique wrote: »
    Can you say 'Target fixation' ?

That and inexperience I think.

The road rash on the cyclists arse looks bloody sore :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Thanx **** he was not on an R1 showing off......jeeez!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 789 ✭✭✭650gs

You haven't a hope of suing the cyclist I hit one two years ago lot of people on my side she came through a red light and across three lanes of traffic and my insurance still payed just move on or buy a push bike

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭Thinkingaboutit

Called the relevant people I needed to today, I'm going to take paddys advice and not say anymore on the matter until it's resolved / finished.

Thanks for the input and advice guys, Very interesting to read about other peoples experiences on the road with this sort of thing.

Yes, say nothing to anyone except expert helpers like a solicitor.

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭markad1

cyclist in the way again :rolleyes:
    poor fella on the bike got an awful smack :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭markad1

This is true.... a cyclist was moving between stationery cars in a jam.
    The cyclist hit a mirror on a car and the driver caught up with the cyclist and lashed him out of it for hitting the mirror.
    Later the cyclist put a claim in against the driver claiming the car hit him.
    The cyclist got € out of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 989 ✭✭✭rat_race

We on motorbikes all go on about how vulnerable we are, etc., etc., compared to cars, and how cars don't give use consideration, blah, blah, blah...

I am a cyclist also, and you're far more vulnerable on a bicycle, obviously, in terms of protection and being bullied by larger vehicles, including motos. It can also be quite hard to keep a bicycle in a straight line in some circumstances on some roads -- something a lot of people don't know.

So just as car drivers p*ss me off when I'm on the motorbike, motorbikes *and* cars p*ss me off when I'm on the bicycle.

We can all call each other a "shower of b*$tards" until the end of time, but the fact is there'll always be idiots out there, no matter what they drive/cycle.

While it is the case that cyclists often don't look, and do in fact cause the accident, it's also up to us to expect the unexpected, and avoid or lessen the impact of a potential collision by not driving unnecessarily fast, or making risky overtakes just because we have the faster bigger vehicle.

Not saying that's what happened here, at all. It sounds like a freak accident that was probably not avoidable by the OP, if the cyclist truly verred right that suddenly and without warning.

But, personally, I always expect cyclists to move at least .5 of a metre in either direction at *any* point...there is also legally a minimum of a 1 metre (1.5?) gap that vehicles must always give before overtaking, I believe. People on bicycles can fall off, hit a rock or pothole, slip off a pedal, be blown off course, etc., etc., and end up 1 metre away from where they intended, very easily.

And in that situation where they're already in the right hand lane, I'd be particularly cautious of their next intentions.

And I'm not overly cautious on my moto, I filter like crazy, go fast when it's safe, drive in bike lanes & bus lanes, etc., etc.

Not saying I am perfect, but I have seen a lot of bikers everyday on my commute, who simply ride in ways that I wouldn't; if something unexpected happens -- and it will -- they're going down for sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,307 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

I don't know about you, but I commuted by bicycle too, and other cyclists were 100 times more annoying than motorcyclists.

Advertisement