Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steam Cleaner

Options
  • 29-04-2013 8:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭

Hi All,

I am looking to buy a good quality steam cleaner one with lots of attachements (for tiles, taps, toilet, shower) and floors etc.

I want one that will last and be reasonably priced would appreciate any help from people that have one and think it is great.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭juneg

just bought a Karcher one in woodies on 20% off day. Looks good
    Do not buy black and decker they are rubbish.
    KEEP your receipt, they are quite fragile things those mops

• Registered Users Posts: 48 sanjo

juneg wrote: »
    just bought a Karcher one in woodies on 20% off day. Looks good
    Do not buy black and decker they are rubbish.
    KEEP your receipt, they are quite fragile things those mops

What do you think of the karcher steamer, is it any good?.lm in the market for one and am thinking of karcher
    Thanks

sanjo wrote: »
    What do you think of the karcher steamer, is it any good?.lm in the market for one and am thinking of karcher
    Thanks

yes very happy with it. Not as tidy looking as the upright ones but cleans well. lots of steam. The head of it is quite narrow and the cloth is only towelling. But I have cut up old tea towels to use with it.

well worth the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 sanjo

Thanks juneg,think i will go ahead and buy one, have to have a look around and see where is the best place to buy one!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭schmel22

sanjo wrote: »
    Thanks juneg,think i will go ahead and buy one, have to have a look around and see where is the best place to buy one!!!!

Looked Karcher up on Amazon and reviews all over the place, from 1 - 5. Glowing reports and mega negative ones, hard to read through the lines. Some even saying that the handle gets so hot that they have had burns!!! Looking mainly for bathroom and kitchen cleaner ( tiles, shower, laminate floor, tiled floor)
    Would appreciate a nod in the right direction

• Advertisement

http://www.woodiesdiy.com/Product/Karcher-SC1020-Steam-Cleaner/16385/3.11.3#.UlqYJoxOOUk

this is the one I have It's €99 at the moment in woodies.
    I only use it for floors but DH has used to clean a shower. seems fine.
    Its as bulky as a hoover though that is the only annoying thing about it.
    Advantage though is that you can cut up old towels to use as pads so you don't have to buy the replacements

Woodies very good for after sales, if it breaks they replace it. Keep your receipt.

Its far sturdier than others I have had.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭ncur

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭vulmac

WE have had an upright steam cleaners and found them hard work to push around. I gave the one we had away after one month and bought a Karcher. Have no problems with it and using it for eight months now. Great little machine no strain using it at all highly recommend it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Cork24

• Registered Users Posts: 8 martinb

I bought a karcher steam cleaner it was brilliant for the first few months then the plastic hose hardened due to the heat and it was unusable the same thing happened with the replacement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭rock chic

i bought the bissell hand held 1 yesterday for 50 euros brilliant little machine my bathroom taps have never looked so clean lol still need practice with window cleaning attachment though

Advertisement