Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What age do you have to be to get a tatoo?

Options
  • 29-04-2013 8:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I'm 13 and I've made my mind up and I want to get a tatoo when I'm 16 but can I get it when I'm 16? Like with parents permission and being there?

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Like Hellrazer said, 18. You'd be hard pressed to find anywhere that'll tattoo you when you're 16, even with a parent, and I'd be a bit cagey about any place that would.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 DylanJudge

Angron wrote: »
    Like Hellrazer said, 18. You'd be hard pressed to find anywhere that'll tattoo you when you're 16, even with a parent, and I'd be a bit cagey about any place that would.
    Is it possible though?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

DylanJudge wrote: »
    Is it possible though?

Well, it's not 'illegal'. I know a couple of shops who have tattooed 16/17 year olds, and as said above, not great shops.

I've never met anybody who has gotten a tattoo before they turned 18 and still liked it a year later.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,311 ✭✭✭✭endacl

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭niallam

DylanJudge wrote: »
    I'm 13 and I've made my mind up and I want to get a tatoo

Your allowed one when you can spell it properly ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,311 ✭✭✭✭endacl

niallam wrote: »
    Your allowed one when you can spell it properly ;)
    Whoops! Op, I don't think Tayto is age restricted. Fire ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Niallam and endacl: taking the piss over something like this isn't allowed. Don't do it again please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

Op, tbh i'd be very wary or the standard of work that would come out of any studio that would knowingly tattoo a 16 year old. If they play fast and loose with their ethics like that, chances are they'll do the same with their standards.

Advertisement