Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2013 Stanley Cup Playoffs

15678911»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,045 ✭✭✭✭cena

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

Absolutely over the moon right now. What a an end to an epic series. Two great teams but just glad the Hawks came out on top. Kane getting the MVP is a bit strange. He had a great finals but thought Crawford pipped him. He's had a great season and slowly winning me over

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Never experienced anything like it in this city last night. Great win for the Hawks when it looked all but over and going to a game 7!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭COYW

Congrats to the Hawks fans on here. Watching the whole thing unfold and the celebrations fills me with hope for the Rangers next season. You don't know how lucky you are! What I would give for a Rangers cup win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Watched the game live on Monday and would like to wish the Hawks fans sincere congratulations and also commend the Bruins fans on the support of their team before, during and after the game. What an ending to the series, a brilliant show of determination and resilience rolled into one, and they did what was needed to win the cup there and then.

Hat's off to the likes of Shaw and Bergeron who played through the pain threshold for their teams. Great to see a sport where the players really are pushed to earn the vast sums of money they earn. Same goes for the memorable Gregory Campbell shift against the Penguins. They're the guys who will be remembered by most.

Have a few friends living in Chicago and the pictures and video's I saw certainly made it look like the place to be. I'm sure it still is, that party won't die down any time soon.

Finally, thanks to everyone on here who followed the games and posted. Great to have a place to discuss the games with fellow Irish people and/or Irish-based people. Already looking forward to puck-drop for 2013-14.

MJS

171465742.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

For anybody that hasn't seen it.

77b5ae2edfdc11e2ad7a22000a9f3090_7.jpg
    Hockey is a tough game. As impressed as we were by the strength, talent, and competitive spirit of the Boston Bruins on the ice, we were deeply touched by what happened off the ice. Rarely have we experienced the hospitality you afforded us throughout the playoff series between two incredibly gifted teams.

On behalf of the Chicago Blackhawks organization and the entire Wirtz corporation, we want to personally express our heartfelt appreciation to your city, the Bruins organization, and especially, the citizens of Boston for the remarkable welcome you showed our team and the many Chicagoans who visited.

From Boston's political leadership to every member of the Bruins organization; from the players to the people on the streets, you demonstrated respect, good sportsmanship, and a genuine love for the great game of hockey.

Like the rest of the world, Chicagoans have been reminded in recent days of Boston's strength. Please know we tip our hat to your city's big heart and gracious spirit. You lead by example and have set the bar very high for others to follow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

A very nice touch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

Rocky is pure class. He has done everything the 'right way' since taking over after the death of his father. That being said, this also might be a swipe at Philadelphia.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭COYW

Rocky is pure class. He has done everything the 'right way' since taking over after the death of his father. That being said, this also might be a swipe at Philadelphia.

Lovely touch alright and I have to agree that the Philly thought did spring to mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Fiery mutant

I've never come across anything like that before. Very nice touch, great to see that even with the ultra competitive and physical forces that collide in ice hockey, there is still so much admiration and respect between not only the players, but the organisations and the fans.

We should defend our way of life to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed, so that any adversary will never make such an attempt in the future.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

Stan Bowman echoed these words before making their 1st round pick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Fiery mutant

So Sequin and Peverly gone to Dallas, for Eriksson and prospects. I'm a big fan of Eriksson, very underrated and a good 2 way forward, he would be a great fit on that Bergeron line. Also a fan of Sequin, but if reports of his antics during the playoffs are true, coupled with all the partying during the regular season, then he has brought this on himself. I wish him and Peverly all the best, but I'm excited to see Eriksson come to Causeway.

This is gonna be a wild ride with free agency I think.

We should defend our way of life to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed, so that any adversary will never make such an attempt in the future.

Advertisement