Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2013 Stanley Cup Playoffs

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

I'd agree with Rented Mule, it's the Penguins who have been the aggressive side in this series, they have some big bodies and have been using them to effect. It has been a very physical series, very tough on the players and I'd say there are some very sore bodies this morning, last night was an absolute bruiser.

The likes of Engyellend and Lucic have been all over each other, everyone knows Lucic is big and strong, but to me Engyellend has been the physical force, some of his hits have been bone crushing, and how the two of them haven't dropped the mitts I don't know. I guess the only reason is its the play offs and they don't want to take penalties, so they get on with it.

I gotta put a word in for Campbell, he took a shot from Malkin last night and stayed on for a minute on the PK in agony, and I'm hearing this morning he may have broken his leg, but no confirmation. I don't think the Bruins played well for large parts last night, but they stuck to it and ground it out in the end. The Penguins got some momentum in the second with the PP's but looked like they started to tire out In overtime. Vokoun was good for the Pen's after a nightmare start, when they all probably thought "not again", but credit to them, they kept at it.

Looking to close it out on Friday, just to not have to go back to Pittsburgh. It's been a great series though.

Great series for a Bruins fan, perhaps. Not for a Pens fan, or a neutral I'd imagine.

That Campbell sequence was incredible, he could barely stand but made sure he did his best to get into the lanes until they cleared the zone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 185 ✭✭sketchpad

ah i know, I'm just a bitter Canucks fan lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Fiery mutant

sketchpad wrote: »
    ah i know, I'm just a bitter Canucks fan lol

Nobody's perfect :)

We should defend our way of life to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed, so that any adversary will never make such an attempt in the future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭COYW

Incredible game of hockey last night. Just finished watching it there now. Can't really see a way back for the Pens after that but I am hoping that they can get a win and bring it back to Pittsburgh.

On a side note, nice to see that good old Rene Rancourt is still going strong at TD Garden.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭zagro

impossible is nothing...
    I believe in 3 all draw after six games

one thing is for sure-both the teams play more attractive hockey than los angeles kings
    I'd like to see penguins and blackhawks fighting for the trophy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

Blackhawks are up 3-1 after breaking the Kings home winning streak.

If things keep going the way they are, there will be people jumping off of buildings in Vancouver. A Chicago v Boston Stanley Cup Final might put them over the edge !!

Blackhawks are up 3-1 after breaking the Kings home winning streak.

If things keep going the way they are, there will be people jumping off of buildings in Vancouver. A Chicago v Boston Stanley Cup Final might put them over the edge !!

The only person going off the edge of a tall building should be Mike Gillis :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭Ping Chow Chi

I had to stop watching the last Bruins Pens match - was getting so close to throwing something at the TV every time Brad Marchant was on it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,729 ✭✭✭martinsvi

zagro wrote: »
    impossible is nothing...
    I believe in 3 all draw after six games

one thing is for sure-both the teams play more attractive hockey than los angeles kings
    I'd like to see penguins and blackhawks fighting for the trophy

I bet Boston fans still remember 2010, when they were leading round 2 (conf semis) against Philadelphia 3-0 yet somehow lost the series.

I don't think any team has lost the series by leading 3-0 in conference final however.

martinsvi wrote: »
    I bet Boston fans still remember 2010, when they were leading round 2 (conf semis) against Philadelphia 3-0 yet somehow lost the series.

I don't think any team has lost the series by leading 3-0 in conference final however.

It was that loss that made them the team they are today. Mental strength is immense, thats why the penguins cannot comeback. Still I would love a 'hawks penguins final.

• Advertisement

I had to stop watching the last Bruins Pens match - was getting so close to throwing something at the TV every time Brad Marchant was on it!

He had the Pens going big time. He is great from a neutral's spec. Wanted his head on a stick when he played against us, so I do understand how you feel.

Far less intense game tonight, dull by comparison, almost doesn't feel like a play off game.

We should defend our way of life to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed, so that any adversary will never make such an attempt in the future.

Far less intense game tonight, dull by comparison, almost doesn't feel like a play off game.

where are you watching it? I can't believe nhl gamecenter blacked this one out! I wrote to support because I think they have overstepped their terms and conditions because no company in Ireland is broadcasting this game. I will not subscribe to this bullcrap service again if they will not fix it... found some steams online.. it's not the same...

Streaming it online. Are Setanta broadcasting it delayed? It is probably the reason why it is blacked out, and I think Premier Sports are showing it.

Streaming it online. Are Setanta broadcasting it delayed? It is probably the reason why it is blacked out, and I think Premier Sports are showing it.

damn right, setanta sports is showing it.. arrrrghhh.... now I have to subscribe to them.. 16 eur a month.. grrr..

I'd trust McQuaid to do an open heart surgery with a goal like that!

So it's the sweep, who'd a thunk it.

Great to get it done tonight, the guys will need a rest now to get fresh for the final. Great strike by McQuaid to finish it off, don't now how Crosby didn't equalise in that final minute.

While I completely expected Boston to win a hard fought series, I in no way expected a sweep. This series was a perfect storm for Boston. They played hard and were very well prepared. That being said, they had luck on their side when they needed it most. You don't hold a team with that type of firepower down without some breaks. I am not taking anything away from the Bruins. They did everything that they were supposed to do and earned that series sweep over the Penguins.

Let's see if Chicago can put away Los Angeles tonight.

Well there we have it, Hawks v Bruins. Pretty decent rest for both teams before game 1 also.
    Should be a great series, really looking forward to it.

I can only see a Hawks win. I think they can match the Bruins for intensity and they have more goals in them. I think they will win it in 5.

• Advertisement

COYW wrote: »
    I can only see a Hawks win. I think they can match the Bruins for intensity and they have more goals in them. I think they will win it in 5.

After the Pens series, I wouldn't be backing against the Bruins. Although, admittedly, I haven't seen an awful lot of Chicago this year. Had a small bet on Boston from the start of the playoffs at 9/1 so that'll keep me interested, hope it goes the distance and comes down to a Game 7 overtime in Chicago. :)

The Stanley Cup Finals kick off Wednesday in the United Center !! This should be some series. Both teams are deep with strong goaltending and strong Penalty Kills. The funny thing is that neither team has much of a Power Play to speak of in the playoffs.

I was at all four games the Blackhawks won in the Stanley Cup Finals in 2010. I'm going to have to see if I can make it to Wednesday nights game and keep the streak alive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

I was at all four games the Blackhawks won in the Stanley Cup Finals in 2010. I'm going to have to see if I can make it to Wednesday nights game and keep the streak alive.

4 games?

There were 3 games in Chi, and 6 in total, that year, no?

As a Canucks fan, this Finals might as well be the apocalypse. That said, I dislike Chicago because they play good hockey and are top competitors. I dislike Boston because they are self entitled, and Brad Marchand is a filthy rat. So in that vein, "Go Hawks! (Careful now)"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Brad Marchand is the biggest troll of all time

nosefaceownscooke.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,045 ✭✭✭✭cena

Marchand is a pest, but he is good at what he does. The only thing I dislike about him is the needless penalties he gives away at times. But I guess that is a consequence of who he is on the ice.

That being said, I'd dress him on my team for sure.

Marchand is a pest, but he is good at what he does. The only thing I dislike about him is the needless penalties he gives away at times. But I guess that is a consequence of who he is on the ice.

That being said, I'd dress him on my team for sure.

Yep, you could make a 3 hour movie out of the wind-ups he did against the Pens alone. The goals he scored in that series made him 20 times worse. He does give away some very silly penalties alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

COYW wrote: »
    Yep, you could make a 3 hour movie out of the wind-ups he did against the Pens alone. The goals he scored in that series made him 20 times worse. He does give away some very silly penalties alright.

Some of his penalties are ridiculously stupid alright.

The last one i saw was when he tripped a Pens player after the whistle, right in front of the ref, the only thing that saved him was that the pens player retaliated by hitting him with the stick...both players were given penalties.

So far he has come out on top with his trolling overall in his career but its only going to take one mistake and cost a big game for it all to turn bad for him...but he's a pleasure to watch when he's winding up opponents and winning.

This regular season, Marchand took penalties in 11 of 45 regular season games (27 mins) that he played in. For someone who plays the way he does, that's a darn good record. It's less than Ovechkin and Stamkos took (not comparing them as players, obviously).

Whilst he took at least a penalty in all four games against the Penguins, he was only sent to the box in three of the previous twelve games this postseason. What I like about him is that he isn't one-dimensional and isn't just a pest, but he can score and makes some great plays as well. As you saw on his breakaway goal v the Penguins, his speed is a huge asset. His line with Bergeron and Seguin is exceptional, and in the past two regular seasons each of the three have been at least +23 in +/-. If the Bruins are going to win this they need that to continue.

• Advertisement

tolosenc wrote: »
    4 games?

There were 3 games in Chi, and 6 in total, that year, no?

As a Canucks fan, this Finals might as well be the apocalypse. That said, I dislike Chicago because they play good hockey and are top competitors. I dislike Boston because they are self entitled, and Brad Marchand is a filthy rat. So in that vein, "Go Hawks! (Careful now)"

I flew to Philadelphia for Game Six. I had the pleasure of dealing with the lovely Flyers fans up close and personal. I wrote a little bit about it.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055676375&page=12

Advertisement