Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork City vs West Ham United Tickets

Options
  • 29-04-2013 10:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone know how to get them? Says on the CC website that they are available from today fom the shop, tried looking at ticketmaster online that is supposed to be selling them but when I checked it says they are not on sale yet :confused::confused:

Anywhere else I can get them online?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭Paz-CCFC

I'm not sure about online, but you'll get them at Turner's Cross for the St Pats match this Friday evening or the Limerick match on the bank holiday afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Paz-CCFC wrote: »
    I'm not sure about online, but you'll get them at Turner's Cross for the St Pats match this Friday evening or the Limerick match on the bank holiday afternoon.

I'm not in Cork though:(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,165 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Tickets for this were launched on Ticketmaster on the 27th March, so could be they have sold their allocation -

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

This will not be a sell out. You will be able to buy them on the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

gimmick wrote: »
    This will not be a sell out. You will be able to buy them on the day.

What's a top attendance at Cork City's ground?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭Paz-CCFC

In the past couple of years, about 4,000 has been the biggest. Average is about 2,500-3,000. Last season against a Man Utd XI, just over 6,000 of the 7,300 capacity were in attendance. The last sell out friendly at the Cross was City v Sunderland in 2007. For this one, I think we'll get about 4,000 - 5,000.

If you don't want to chance leaving it 'til the day of the match, you could always make a weekend out of it and get your ticket in advance. We're playing champions Sligo Rovers on the Friday, so you could go to that and get your ticket there. Two football matches and a couple of days in the beautiful city of Cork sounds like a fantastic weekend to me!
    Andip wrote: »
    Tickets for this were launched on Ticketmaster on the 27th March, so could be they have sold their allocation -

I presume you mean the 27th of April? The match was only confirmed last Friday.

The capacity is approx 7500.

This game will bring in 4-5000 max. Last friendly which was a sell out in TX was Cobh Ramblers Vs a Manyoo XI featuring Roy Keane. Once Keane went off the place emptied within 5 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

Paz-CCFC wrote: »
    In the past couple of years, about 4,000 has been the biggest. Average is about 2,500-3,000. Last season against a Man Utd XI, just over 6,000 of the 7,300 capacity were in attendance. The last sell out friendly at the Cross was City v Sunderland in 2007. For this one, I think we'll get about 4,000 - 5,000.

If you don't want to chance leaving it 'til the day of the match, you could always make a weekend out of it and get your ticket in advance. We're playing champions Sligo Rovers on the Friday, so you could go to that and get your ticket there. Two football matches and a couple of days in the beautiful city of Cork sounds like a fantastic weekend to me!

I presume you mean the 27th of April? The match was only confirmed last Friday.

Fair play Paz you couldn't have put it better. Maybe the club might think of doing a deal on the 2 matches. I'm sure a few of the Dagenham yanks would be on for catching a second game.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 graffikaz

Tickets went on sale yesterday afternoon on ticketmaster and I got our 3. To be honest im surprised with how many of you think it will be easy to get tickets on the day. Ok I understand that CC dont draw a crowd on a weekly basis but there is alot of West Ham fans in Ireland and considering they are bringing alot of the first team, West Ham fans will travel to this game. IMO if you want to go to this match get your tickets in advance. :)

• Advertisement

West Ham are not a draw. Maybe when they had the likes of Di Canio in their ranks. But not now.

CCFC fans, yes there are a lot of us, in general do not bother with meaningless friendlies mid season. This will be no different. Tickets will be available on the day. Of that, there is no doubt.

Everyone to their own opinion but I dont agree with yours, I am a huge West Ham fan and so I know the huge following that are surprisingly in cork. I know people travelling from England for this game so I cant see why people in Cork and around wont attend. If you think there will be plenty tickets available then fine but my advice to the person asking was to buy in advance that way you know for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭LETS BE AVN IT

Cant wait for this game. I reckon there will be lots travelling from London for this tbh , I think West Ham are a big draw draw the likes of Andy Carroll , Joe Cole and Kevin Nolan are big names. Just hope the Cork supporters behave themselves.

graffikaz wrote: »
    Everyone to their own opinion but I dont agree with yours, I am a huge West Ham fan and so I know the huge following that are surprisingly in cork. I know people travelling from England for this game so I cant see why people in Cork and around wont attend. If you think there will be plenty tickets available then fine but my advice to the person asking was to buy in advance that way you know for sure.

When did the Hammers last play in Ireland do you by any chance know? Thanks

Cant wait for this game. I reckon there will be lots travelling from London for this tbh , I think West Ham are a big draw draw the likes of Andy Carroll , Joe Cole and Kevin Nolan are big names. Just hope the Cork supporters behave themselves.

Totally agree and especially the fact that they will actually bring the players and not just sent the second team. I CANT WAIT!!! I travel to Upton Park atleast twice a year so to have it on the doorstep is great. The thing about West Ham fans is that they are REAL not just glory hunters.

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭yenom

There'll be no hassle getting tickets. West Ham won't draw a big crowd. 100% that the crowd won't be over 4,000. Also, Cork will be playing in the Munster Final that day.

Info will be on the ccfcforum- www.ccfcforum.com

Cape Clear wrote: »
    When did the Hammers last play in Ireland do you by any chance know? Thanks

No idea Cape Clear

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭LETS BE AVN IT

yenom wrote: »
    There'll be no hassle getting tickets. West Ham won't draw a big crowd. 100% that the crowd won't be over 4,000. Also, Cork will be playing in the Munster Final that day.

Info will be on the ccfcforum- www.ccfcforum.com
    What Munster Final? Last time I checked they weren't good at GAA ;)

:D:D:D my thoughts exactly. Not like it would be remotely the same crowd going both matches!! COYI

Playing Kerry in football that day.

• Advertisement

yenom wrote: »
    Playing Kerry in football that day.

What difference would that make to a Cork City FC vs West Ham game, very different crown of fans

Maybe from October to June. But the championship months people tend to prioritise the GAA teams. City made the error of playing on a QF day a few years ago, and it was very porly attended.

Similarly last year, there was the friendly with Blackburn on the same day as the Galway semi Vs Cork, and there was about 1500 in TX.

Oh well I dont mind if there is only the 3 of us in TX, I think its great that West Ham are visiting and cant wait for the game COYI

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

The old man is a Hammers fan, might go along with him if he fancies it, make a day out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Got my ticket today, should be fun.

Lots of WH fans coming over it seems, both from Dublin and across the water.

Anyone know is there a pub in cork city that is a West Ham supportors pub?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Romford on the KUMB message board is arranging a tour for English fans coming over, he'll sort out a pub only for West Ham fans I've read :)

Don't think there is any. The only foreign ones I know of are Chelsea and Celtic.

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    Romford on the KUMB message board is arranging a tour for English fans coming over, he'll sort out a pub only for West Ham fans I've read :)
    About the size of a phone box would do! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

A few of us are going to the game as well .. hopefully see Wet Spam get beat :)

Advertisement