Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork City vs West Ham United Tickets

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

I fear this game could be a terrible miss-match like the Spain v Tahiti game,10-0.Cork City are truly awful at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Pre season games are rarely walkovers. I expect this to be no different with West Ham winning 3 or 4 - 1.

I wouldn't care less if we lost this 15-0 if we got a result against Sligo tomorrow night though.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

West Ham are only back in pre season since Monday, there'll be a lot of rustyness to shake off.

anyone know where they're training? I'd assume out in Curaheen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

GavRedKing wrote: »
    West Ham are only back in pre season since Monday, there'll be a lot of rustyness to shake off.

They are staying and training at Fota's 5 star resort, beautiful set up down there that would match anywhere in the world.

They are at the Maradyke this morning as Cork City use those facilities aswell.

GavRedKing wrote: »

:D.

Every English team that comes over all stay at Fota.Last few years were Birmingham,Reading,Sunderland,Ipswich,Blackburn,Watford and now West Ham.Excellent facilities there.

West Ham training pics at Fota here.
    https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.609635279069692.1073741886.129911763708715&type=1

• Advertisement

I know where they're staying. :pac:

I just didnt know theyed actually be training out there as well. :o

Have a look here at the Fota setup.It wont be long before Barcelona or Bayern Munich will be coming here.

http://www.fotaisland.ie/Fota-Island-Training-Facility

I went down there last year while Blackburn were training, and the pitches look like snooker tables. Absolutely perfect. They are highly regarded and well known throughout Ireland and UK across all codes.

Just a shame we do not have a proper stadium with such a surface.

Gianfranco Zola gave the place a great endorsment when Watford were training there last year.Read here.

http://www.watfordfc.com/news/article/colney-chat-going-in-the-right-direction-288119.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Anyone know when the lads are due to head off on Monday?

Reckon it's worth stopping by the hotel on Monday a.m., chance of getting some autographs ??

• Advertisement

Could you not go to watch a training session tomorrow or Saturday.There are a few onlookers in the photos above.Id say that would be your best bet or go to the hotel bar any evening.I know a lad who met all the Birmingham squad there after having their grub a few years back.

There is an Aer Lingus flight out of Cork Airport on Sunday evening at 8:15pm.They could be on that as they flew in on Aer Lingus.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Match is at 6 so they won't be on the 8.15 flight on Sunday I imagine.

Could you not go to watch a training session tomorrow or Saturday.There are a few onlookers in the photos above.Id say that would be your best bet or go to the hotel bar any evening.I know a lad who met all the Birmingham squad there after having their grub a few years back.

There is an Aer Lingus flight out of Cork Airport on Sunday evening at 8:15pm.They could be on that as they flew in on Aer Lingus.

Ah yeh course I can that's why I asked about Monday;) :P

Can't imagine they'd make it from the ground to Cork airport in 30 minutes, checking bags, security and all? I imagine they head back Monday - 07.15 or 11.45.

Sorry,my mistake,thought the ko was 4pm.

Sorry,my mistake,thought the ko was 4pm.

So that brings me back to my original question
    Anyone know when the lads are due to head off on Monday?

Reckon it's worth stopping by the hotel on Monday a.m., chance of getting some autographs ??

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭sensormatic

the monkeys in fota would be better the the city lads,,,they might play with them too

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

There is an open training session tomorrow morning at 9am in fota resort of you are around then. Would be an ideal time to get autographs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭Paz-CCFC

gimmick wrote: »
    Pre season games are rarely walkovers. I expect this to be no different with West Ham winning 3 or 4 - 1.

I wouldn't care less if we lost this 15-0 if we got a result against Sligo tomorrow night though.

Roll on the 15-0 loss, so! :D

Last night's result should get a few City fans back out to this one. It's great that we have a home match so soon. I'm itching for another match - waiting a week for Shels away is too much!

This one is a good match to give our fringe and young players some game time. Keep them up to speed and let them give the manager a reason why the should be playing in the proper games and not friendlies like this. I suppose we'll have a lineup similar to the Munster Senior Cup matches - something like this:

Burns
    J Kavanagh --- D Murray --- J Forde --- ???
    S Kenny --- J Abbot --- ??? --- Adam Rundle
    D Behan
    D Furlong

Not sure what other left back we have that could play, since Spillane started on Friday and Dennehy is injured. We could go 4-3-3, as well, and play Rob Lehane up top with the other two.

what was the score in this agme actually?

The auld fella was it but theres no contacting him this morning.

2-6.

Fun game really. City used 22 players over the course of the game I think.

Titus Bramble was a trialist for WH.

They had a good few recognised faces like Nolan, Noble, Ravel Morrison, new signing Razvan Rat.

• Advertisement

Sounded like good value for money and with the weather it most have been a good evening for it.

Any word on the attendance, the auld fella prior to it reckoned they'ed beabout 3k at.

Official attendence was 4213. Nice bump for the club as attendences have been very poor lately.

It was a great evening for a game and the pitch was like a snooker table. perfect.

West Ham missed a pen and later scored a pen as well.

I'd say the result Friday night helped as well, City fans must have been in a good mood after it.

All in all so it looks like a success, well done to all invovled.

Allardyce had nothing but good things to say.
    'We've had a really, really good week and some superb training sessions and everybody has got through everything, so the base is there which is fantastic

gimmick wrote: »
    2-6.

Fun game really. City used 22 players over the course of the game I think.

Titus Bramble was a trialist for WH.

They had a good few recognised faces like Nolan, Noble, Ravel Morrison, new signing Razvan Rat.

Recognised faces...Ravel Morrison?...lol

Advertisement