Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

9 year old Indian Boy drives his fathers Ferrari

• 29-04-2013 10:25pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭

...I kid you not.:eek::D

The father posted it on Youtube,video went viral and thats how the father is now being done for it.

Father is being done by Indian police for allowing his 9 year old son to drive the supercar.

Video.

News story

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/india/10026218/Indian-father-arrested-after-allowing-9-year-old-to-drive-Ferrari.html

Mohammed Nisham, from the southern state of Kerala, uploaded an 88-second clip of his son driving his Ferrari F430, while his five-year-old brother sat in the passenger seat.

But, after the clip caused outrage across India on the video streaming website, police moved to file charges against the businessman.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Booster seat anyone?????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,322 ✭✭✭emo72

if you can afford a ferrari in india, surely you could buy your own private roads?

emo72 wrote: »
    if you can afford a ferrari in india, surely you could buy your own private roads?

or even some shoes on the kids feet???:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Remmy

little man needs to learn the paddle shift

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Kid looks like a better driver than 90% of Irish people.

• Advertisement

Remmy wrote: »
    little man needs to learn the paddle shift

Hes driven other cars before and is a good little driver,been driving since he was 5.......

Despite the charges, the nine-year-old's parents were unapologetic after the incident, admitting that their child had driven multiple cars before, including his father's Lamborghini and Bentley.

"I am proud of him. He's been driving since he was five," said Amal Nisham, the boy's mother who filmed the video.

"It was his ninth birthday, and since he was insisting for months, we allowed him to drive the Ferrari. He is a cautious and confident driver," the parent told television channel NDTV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭oppenheimer1

You've obviously never worked on farms in this country, where you'll see boys no older than this working huge tractors and other plant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

Why couldn't I be born into that family... :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 311 ✭✭simply simple

I would say he is talented kid. talented kids can leap classes in schools and colleges then why not this? ya it is dangerous but if kid knows how to drive, which he seems to know well, it should be appreciated rather than humiliated. Hats off to the boy and specially the parents who took big risk to teach driving to their son, obviously because the boy may be really passionate about cars or racing. I liked it. The road seemed pretty safe for him to drive without hurting anyone.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

I would say he is talented kid. talented kids can leap classes in schools and colleges then why not this? ya it is dangerous but if kid knows how to drive, which he seems to know well, it should be appreciated rather than humiliated. Hats off to the boy and specially the parents who took big risk to teach driving to their son, obviously because the boy may be really passionate about cars or racing. I liked it. The road seemed pretty safe for him to drive without hurting anyone.
    You can't kill anyone with a classroom.

• Advertisement

F1 in another 9 years time perhaps?????:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭.Henry Sellers.

It wasn't a kid, it was this guy after making millions from his dancing skillz.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

paddy147 wrote: »
    F1 in another 9 years time perhaps?????:pac:

Lately that's all one seems to need to get a seat in F1...

But then F1 has always been a rich person's sport... Damn those rich people and their rich pass times!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,322 ✭✭✭emo72

paddy147 wrote: »
    or even some shoes on the kids feet???:pac:

well yeah....they're all piss poor in india:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 835 ✭✭✭kingcobra

I'm mightily impressed with that kid's driving! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Perhaps on principle they should wag a finger at the father but really, nothing more than that. A bit of a treat on his ninth birthday, no harm – very little foul. He was hardly racing down the motorway.

Yamanoto wrote: »
    Nice wheels, though more than a bit disappointed with Mumbai's Beverly Hills equivalent tbh.

Looks a bit like the old traffic training school that used to be down at Clontarf by the side of the Dart line...:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,221 ✭✭✭NuckingFacker

Shocking- imagine anyone letting their kid do that..:oslinks off to warn kids to stfu and don't tell mum..and don't mention the digger..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

He's probably a better driver than most in India.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

The curse of the interweb, every experience posted online to be scrutinised generation. My first drive behind the wheel of a car was my godfathers E type Jag. Oh yes. I was 13. The only time in my life when I was actually approaching cool. Just approaching mind you. It's been downhill since. :D Jeebus, when I think back... :s From that age on my dad would regularly enough hand me the keys of the family car to take over coming back from fishing trips in Wicklow or Kildare(coming from Dublin). Only once did we go through a Garda checkpoint coming into Tallaght and my oulfella did some mad Jedi mind fcuk of "this isn't the underage driver you're looking for" and I got waved through. :eek: I do remember how driving was easy enough, but how oncoming traffic used to freak me out at first.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭stoneill

No seat belt - how silly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Kids these days, when I was 9 I was lucky to even have a bike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

I was driving in car parks with my dad at that age

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

I was driving in car parks with my dad at that age

Picking out cars there too I reckon? :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Picking out cars there too I reckon? :P

we were a great team:D

Think I was 11 when my Mum taught me how to drive in a massive carpark/drive of a forest.. Pretty much the same as the road that kid's on.

Advertisement