Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rush Schools

Options
  • 29-04-2013 11:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45

I have two children rapidly approaching school going age.

Has anyone any views on the 3 Rush schools St Catherines, Rush National or the Gael Scoil?

Complete unknown for me as not originally from Rush. Heard good & bad things about all 3 and any advice much appreciated.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

We live in Rush but chose St Brendan's in Loughshinny for our daughter and we're very happy with it. Would highly recommend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭eddiem74

Used Rush NS for both my kids and cannot fault it. Really well run from what I can see i.e. book schemes, parents association committee, variety of activities. Plus, I never feel like I am being asked for money every other week. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 38 munyt

Hi,

Maf180, can I ask what school have you chosen after all as I see that the tread was started a couple of years ago?

We are hoping to buy a house in Rush and wondering what primary school would be the best. I think the St. Catherine's might end up being the closest one, but not sure how good or bad it is. Any views/ experiences anybody?

Thanks very much!

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Maf180

Hi munyt,

We live very close to St Catherines (Palmer Road), so sent children there and cant fault the place.

Lots of extra curricular activities for the children, and good parents association who do lots of good work.

Also new school building nearly complete, and looks great, and will leave plenty of room for new playgrounds, fields etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 munyt

Maf180 wrote: »
    Hi munyt,

We live very close to St Catherines (Palmer Road), so sent children there and cant fault the place.

Lots of extra curricular activities for the children, and good parents association who do lots of good work.

Also new school building nearly complete, and looks great, and will leave plenty of room for new playgrounds, fields etc.

thanks very much for sharing your experience!

• Advertisement
Advertisement